Question of Accountability?.....

Is there plenty of accountability actually being implemented and practiced with this team? I am not trying to troll at all....honestly. Many posters on this board know that I post plenty of positive and sunshine pumping remarks on this board, but really....

The offsides by the o-line and putting the ball on the turf constantly is a huge issue that ISN'T going away.........

When I played the game, if that crap happened, there was some sort of repercussions. Is it lack of focus in practices? Lack of discipline? Not enough team unity? Do you bench a player a series for crappy play? Why bench one guy, but not the other? Why the double standards? I don't know. I hear rumblings on other boards of crap that is going on during practices (supposedly from reliable sources) that I hope aren't true and I just shake my head in disbelief. If anyone cares to comment on how the team can fix these game blunders, or what their teams did in the past, or what they hear about how/what the team is doing to alleviate these issues, please post away.

I still have tons of confidence in this team and I will always cheer for my Huskers, but there are some definite concerns that really reared their ugly head during the tOSU game that have me concerned. GBR!

In defense of the team, we had been substantially better with penalties through the first 5 games than we were in Bo's first 4 years.

I have been impressed by our O-Line this year. Those guys have the ability to clear some holes in just about any defense in the nation. The fact that we are the best rushing team in the conference speaks for itself. Pass protection has been a little rocky, but I will live with that for now since our line has been a really good bulldozer at times this season.

^^^ what kind of crap is suppousedly going on at practice?

Welp....to add to the DERP that is already DERPTACULAR about even my thread and other threads in this forum.........

A big reason why I made this post (it's sad I even posted this topic based on a RUMOR that I heard from a respected source), in summary:

Well, some of you have heard the rumor about a certain coach making drills up on the team to pretty much belittle Jamal Turner, this happened after Jamal threw T-Mart under the bus after the Minnesota game, yet T-Mart threw his receivers under the bus as well.

Now, I am not saying this involves Jamal, but I've been hearing that a certain QB likes to intentionally throw sh**ty passes to a certain receiver in practice, then laugh about it with his teammates.

Now, does anyone have evidence this isn't happening!? Maybe it's just an isolated incident, but the poster stated that his source is pretty pissed about it and didn't go into too much detail. The poster stated that he doesn't know if all the coaches know about this and if they are condoning this type of behavior in practice.

It just pisses me off to hear crap like this and the fact of the matter is, it may be true.

If this thread get's locked, that's fine with me. I wouldn't post something like this if I didn't think the source had some weight to his statements.

The team seemed very well prepared for this game. Offense, Defense, Special Teams came out in an incredibly hostile environment and slapped Ohio State silly for 15 minutes.

The Huskers offense even came out in the second half and drove the ball right down OSU's throat again, getting it back to within 4 points.

In a way they looked considerably better than past meltdowns, although the score doesn't reflect that.

It's sad that I'm saying this, come to think of it.

As for the Martinez/Turner rumor: who the hell knows. There are tons of teammates in every sport who hate each others guts but wouldn't dream of undercutting each other in the field of play.

Turner is starting to get more passes, and he's starting to earn them. We are insanely well stocked at speedy receivers who can hang onto the ball.

^^^ what kind of crap is suppousedly going on at practice?

Welp....to add to the DERP that is already DERPTACULAR about even my thread and other threads in this forum.........

A big reason why I made this post (it's sad I even posted this topic based on a RUMOR that I heard from a respected source), in summary:

Well, some of you have heard the rumor about a certain coach making drills up on the team to pretty much belittle Jamal Turner, this happened after Jamal threw T-Mart under the bus after the Minnesota game, yet T-Mart threw his receivers under the bus as well.

Now, I am not saying this involves Jamal, but I've been hearing that a certain QB likes to intentionally throw sh**ty passes to a certain receiver in practice, then laugh about it with his teammates.

Now, does anyone have evidence this isn't happening!? Maybe it's just an isolated incident, but the poster stated that his source is pretty pissed about it and didn't go into too much detail. The poster stated that he doesn't know if all the coaches know about this and if they are condoning this type of behavior in practice.

It just pisses me off to hear crap like this and the fact of the matter is, it may be true.

If this thread get's locked, that's fine with me. I wouldn't post something like this if I didn't think the source had some weight to his statements.

I wouldnt lead to much into it even if it has happened. Martinez has found Turner when he's open, and Turner has found way's to make plays for Taylor and the offense. Unless we see hard evidence of this in a game situation, I would call bs and not worry.

Full time Captains beating the piss out of team mates who screw up in games and off in practice. I remember a comment from Jason Peter about it was far worse in the locker room for a screw up than it would ever be in a game. Guys paid.

Bo should also implement the "sit and think rule". Also known as the "sit cause you stink" rule. NObody wants to ride the pine for a series, but if a guy makes a mistake, he sits a play or series. Let's the team know the staff is serious.

Also seem to remember a posting recently about former players saying the staff doesn't go "live" very often. You play how you practice. Hard to go from 0-60 in a hostile environment without making mistakes. Also easy to llok good when not really going 100%. Just speculation on rumors. Nothing concrete.

That rumor is stupid. There simply isn't time to "throw sh**ty passes" to guys you don't like. Every single rep in practice is watched, timed, coached-up, evaluated, and re-done.

To the bigger point of ownership, where are the MEN on this team. Rex supposedly is a non-vocal leader. Justin Jackson is a 'by example' leader. Martinez leads by attitude on the field and never give up.

But where the hell are the guys that are the sh#t straight up getting in guys faces for false starts, missed tackles etc. calling guys out is a part of leadership. Anyone on this board who played a high level of high school or any college ball knows exactly what I'm talking about.

I just don't see it on this team since Suh. Not that guys aren't all 'rah-rah' but guys who make everyone else accountable. Watch other games. Sometimes the cameras show a player calling together 15-20 teammates and giving them the Speech. When is the last time you saw any player ownership on our sidelines?

Captains.

That rumor is stupid. There simply isn't time to "throw sh**ty passes" to guys you don't like. Every single rep in practice is watched, timed, coached-up, evaluated, and re-done.

To the bigger point of ownership, where are the MEN on this team. Rex supposedly is a non-vocal leader. Justin Jackson is a 'by example' leader. Martinez leads by attitude on the field and never give up.

But where the hell are the guys that are the sh#t straight up getting in guys faces for false starts, missed tackles etc. calling guys out is a part of leadership. Anyone on this board who played a high level of high school or any college ball knows exactly what I'm talking about.

I just don't see it on this team since Suh. Not that guys aren't all 'rah-rah' but guys who make everyone else accountable. Watch other games. Sometimes the cameras show a player calling together 15-20 teammates and giving them the Speech. When is the last time you saw any player ownership on our sidelines?

Captains.

Agree with the above. The lead by example is good, but I am a firm believer in the "get in your face you are f'in up and killing us" or the "run the friggin route, you went the wrong way and killin me.

post-8170-0-54595100-1327553928.jpg

I'm coming for you. Soon...

Full time Captains beating the piss out of team mates who screw up in games and off in practice. I remember a comment from Jason Peter about it was far worse in the locker room for a screw up than it would ever be in a game. Guys paid.

This Team sure could use a couple leaders like Jason Peter and Grant Wistrom right now... Could you imagine what those 2 would do if their Defense gave up 63 points?!?

Captains.

Agree with the above. The lead by example is good, but I am a firm believer in the "get in your face you are f'in up and killing us" or the "run the friggin route, you went the wrong way and killin me.

This can be good but can often be detrimental, too. I think our coaches tend to be good about doing this but maybe you are right in that they need it from peers.

Bo should also implement the "sit and think rule". Also known as the "sit cause you stink" rule. NObody wants to ride the pine for a series, but if a guy makes a mistake, he sits a play or series. Let's the team know the staff is serious.

Also seem to remember a posting recently about former players saying the staff doesn't go "live" very often. You play how you practice. Hard to go from 0-60 in a hostile environment without making mistakes. Also easy to llok good when not really going 100%. Just speculation on rumors. Nothing concrete.

I'd rather be mediocre than have a bunch of bully, rapist, steroid users. You really think its good if a bunch of teammates grouped up and beat the crap out of someone for getting too many false starts? if this ever became the "culture" of our program I'd be prepared to say goodbye to football. I also haven't heard anything about "not going live" since the callahan days. I've consistently seen the opposite about going "live" and 1v1