Something I heard on 1620 this week...

QB recruiting from 2008 to 2009 with other circumstances mixed in:

We brought in Cody Green (good looking prospect I'll have you know) and TMart

Patrick Witt leaves the team after the 2008 season, this forced CG to play along with Lee getting hurt

We have Tyler Gabbert decommit very late and we scramble but find Brion Carnes (I personally wanted Colter)

We bring in Jamal Turner and Bubba Starling the next year. You all know that story

Brion gets beat out by a freshman

So........ Where did we mess up? Not promising Witt the starting job? CG and Brion not developing? Bubba choosing baseball?

The defense is hemorrhaging yards and points on a Cosgrovian scale and we've got another thread going about Taylor Martinez.

Martinez has completed 67% of his passes.

He's thrown 4 INTs vs. 14 TDs.

He's 13th in the nation in Pass Efficiency.

He throws an INT 3% of the time he goes back to pass.

He's 39th in the nation in Total Offense.

He's 14th in the country in Points Responsible For.

Meanwhile, the defense is:

92nd in the country in Rush Defense

49th in Total Defense

73rd in Scoring Defense

32nd in Pass Efficiency Defense

Thank god we've identified Martinez as the problem, and thank god we're ready to bench him for the next guy. Thank god we're bitching because this is the best we have.

• Fire 8

The defense is hemorrhaging yards and points on a Cosgrovian scale and we've got another thread going about Taylor Martinez.

49th in Total Defense

73rd in Scoring Defense

Thank god we've identified Martinez as the problem, and thank god we're ready to bench him for the next guy. Thank god we're bitching because this is the best we have.

3 of those ints against tOSU, which we lost

49th in Total Defense

73rd in Scoring Defense

Right - he had a bad game. We certainly can't take away that bad game from his stats, but everyone has a bad game.

Meanwhile, the defense has been embarrassed twice on national TV. And yet we're talking about the quarterback. Go figure, huh?

49th in Total Defense

73rd in Scoring Defense

Right - he had a bad game. We certainly can't take away that bad game from his stats, but everyone has a bad game.

Meanwhile, the defense has been embarrassed twice on national TV. And yet we're talking about the quarterback. Go figure, huh?

That's huskerboard for ya. Same sh#t different day

We messed up promising T-Mart the starting job for 4 years regardless of his on-field performance

The above statement is not the case.

1 more year of Taylor won't be all that bad I guess. I can handle another average season

Again, say what you will about the "average season," but your comment was false. Get it? You were wrong. Take it like a man.

Whatever happened to the mentality of "if a REDSHIRT FRESHMAN wants to transfer because he didn't beat out a FIFTH YEAR SENIOR, then let him go."

Finally, and most importantly, I don't believe Benning ever said Armstrong would leave. What I heard and understood was the case was that Benning believes Armstrong will start next year and "Benning" would be disappointed if Armstrong didn't at least a serious look in Spring and Fall camp. And the whole discussion was a NON-SERIOUS bet that Sharpe and Benning had, I doubt Benning really things Armstrong will start next year (just good reaction radio). I don't listen to every second of the show, but this is what was said Friday morning around 8:15 am.

• Fire 1