Something I heard on 1620 this week...

NU would be better off with almost any other QB in D-I. One that could hit receivers consistently, read defenses, avoid turnovers and lead a team. He can do NONE of those things against a decent team. Can't run the zone read. Can't pass consistently. What's the point? Obviously, none, since NU has never beaten a good team with him at the helm...

NU would be better off with almost any other QB in D-I. One that could hit receivers consistently, read defenses, avoid turnovers and lead a team. He can do NONE of those things against a decent team. Can't run the zone read. Can't pass consistently. What's the point? Obviously, none, since NU has never beaten a good team with him at the helm...

No...

It's real simple. Coach Bo Pelini needs to be as coach Brian Kelly has been with his ace Everett Golson! Coach Kelly redshirted Golson a year ago, and now he plays! He didn't start game #1 as Tommy Rees was Notre Dame's starter at first.

Notre Dame is now ranked #5 and is 6-0. Golson is doing it all! My little brother is just ecstatic over Golson's play -- his misdirection running ability, passing accuracy -- and tendency to avoid making mistakes -- as a redshirt freshman.

What coach Pelini can do is tell Armstrong that next year, he's in. It's that simple.

Now, I am not saying that Pelini must sit Taylor Martinez. That's crazy! Martinez will be prepped for the Heisman Trophy, but coach Pelini can work Armstrong in every -- or almost every game -- (except the close ones, of course) to prep Tommy to take over as the team's starter in 2014 when college football gets its Final Four! Wow! How about that?

And, give Armstrong a chance to run an entire drive in most of these games instead of the wildcat. He's not a running back. He can get his feet wet a lot quicker as a QB engineering entire drives as a RFr. much better this way than being a situational guy. This is how Georgia prepped D.J. Shockley in 2002. It was a smooth transition as Shockley led Georgia to an SEC Championship as the starting QB in 2005. It works, and it will keep Armstrong from leaving Nebraska.

This is how we kept Shockley from transferring to NC State -- which his father Don Shockley was working real hard upon to make that happen. Thank God, D.J. didn't bolt for NC State! And surely Armstrong will wait and be patient to take over for NU when his time comes -- which is very soon.

fact. watch a day of cfb and you'll see it. NU would be better off with 75% of other D-I QBs.

No we wouldn't. Give me a handful of a QB's with the speed Martinez has....please. I can give you 2....Robinson and Braxton.

Oh...and give me a QB with not only speed, but with solid passing efficiency as well.

Your hate for Taylor doesn't add up sir. The only thing I scrutinize Taylor on is his ball security and recent blunder of INT's. He had a bad game....and your all over him like a cheap suit. You should ask him on a date considering your all over him. And the funny thing is...your hate isn't warranted....it was one game. He's had plenty of great games in the past and he's far from the biggest problem on this Husker team.

And no..it's not a fact because you can't test it. You're not good at debating. I think it's past your bed time.

only has straight-line speed. can't elude anyone laterally, scared of contact, no pocket presence and no escapability. passing efficiency is highly inflated because he racks up big stats against helpless teams and flames against mediocre and above teams. ONE GAME, we're at at least 10 and counting........

only has straight-line speed. can't elude anyone laterally, scared of contact, no pocket presence and no escapability. passing efficiency is highly inflated because he racks up big stats against helpless teams and flames against mediocre and above teams. ONE GAME, we're at at least 10 and counting........

You're far, far to overwhelmingly stupid to be a human being.

Did you miss the Wisconsin game?

I saw the wisconsin game.....almost lost to a terrible team. Martinez for heisman....now thats a laugh to get the day started...

I saw him against wisc in 2011 when they were good.....got slaughtered as always......

Continue the insults if you must...i wont report you to the moderators like most here would...i know youre in denial...its not easy to admit your team has been crap for 15 years...

Just look at the scores and the stats....you will see NU is a fringe top 25 team at best and that martinez is a sub-par QB on a good day....

Here's the thing.

Tommy chose to play at Nebraska. He has redshirted this year. That redshirt isn't going to be burned. We throw him into a couple of games we already have won next year, get him some game experience so that he can take the reigns from Taylor in 2014.

He would have to sit out another year if he transferred next season.

So, why on Earth would he make a lateral move like that? He is going to be the starter in 2014.

has anyone read a newspaper quote the last three weeks? apparently not!

apparently heart is defined by avoiding contact at all costs and 'hook sliding' even though he's supposedly a "running quarterback"?!

heart is turning the ball over on multiple occasions in EVERY meaningful game he's played! he's a born loser! the facts support it....it's not an opinion.

once NU loses to NU tomorrow, the "we can make the Rose Bowl" farce will go right out the window.....but i am sure he'll find a reason that it wasn't his fault, and stuff! the offense played awesome vs. Ohio State, we scored 38 points...but gave the Buckeyes 21 free ones too!!

run along....

Just because we had several Qb's in the past who would take on Lb's and Db's doesn't mean it is always the best choice. Eric Crouch will pay dearly for all the contact while he played. I have heard him several times say he played with much pain and had shoulder surg's. Look at the NFL and their Qb play. They all slide to avoid contact or run out of bounds. Rb's for the most part do the same thing. It's called living to play another series and finish the game healthy. Let the fullbacks and bigger running backs do the heavy lifting.