Something I heard on 1620 this week...

We gave up 63 points to OSU. 63! That loss is on the defense. Period.

Taylor turned the ball over 4 times, and OSU happened to win by 4 scores. It's on Taylor as much as it's on the defense. But I still think it's silly to bench him over it. Every QB has bad games. Every. Single. One.

So you want to be texas tech and rely on the QB and offense to score 56 points a game?

That's stupid.

No. Not sure where you got that idea. And yes, it is stupid. All I really want to see from the offense is improvement in protecting the football. Stop constantly putting our struggling defense in horrible situations.

"It's on Taylor as much as it's on the defense."

8 yards per play.

We gave up 63 points to OSU. 63! That loss is on the defense. Period.

Taylor turned the ball over 4 times, and OSU happened to win by 4 scores. It's on Taylor as much as it's on the defense. But I still think it's silly to bench him over it. Every QB has bad games. Every. Single. One.

So you want to be texas tech and rely on the QB and offense to score 56 points a game?

That's stupid.

No. Not sure where you got that idea. And yes, it is stupid. All I really want to see from the offense is improvement in protecting the football. Stop constantly putting our struggling defense in horrible situations.

"It's on Taylor as much as it's on the defense."

8 yards per play.

He averaged 5.9 yards per play in that game. I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here.

So you throw away the bad game he has, So also throw away the stats agaisnt the high school teams we play and your left with UCLA and Wisconsin games

Taylor at UCLA goes 17-31 for 158 and an int, rips off one 92 YD td.

Taylor vs wisconsin 17-29 for 181 and 2 TDS, runs 107 YDs for 2 TDs

Tayler at OSU 15-25 for 214 1TD 3 INT, runs 40YDs for 2 TD

58% throwing agaist teams with a pulse, Which is still respectable, but notice his interceptions are in both of our losses, I have never said the defense isn't part of the problem, but Taylor needs to show some consistancy.

Maybe if our defense could stop a "high school" team, TM wouldn't have to try to pull plays out of his ass to score.

OHIO STATE SCORED

7 points off returned int

7 points off int brought to the neb 20

7 points off returned punt

0 points off int

7 point off fumble at neb 26

All of these 28 points were GIMMES

As I have stated, I know there are problems with the defense as well, but 21 of those point above were handed to OSU on a silver platter. Remove 28 points from there score you get 38-35 the good guys. Taylor's pick 6 put us in a hole early, and you all know how mentally tough our team is.... Neither side stepped up enough to win the game. Defense has major issues, but I can not understand how you can continue to mask Taylor's.

The offense does have on thing I like, all the play makers seem to have heart. Taylor, Rex, Ameer, Braylon, the receiving core. I think that is the problem with our D. Only guy out there with any heart is martin, and you can't tell with him ;)

Would it make everyone feel better if we had more threads complaining about the defense? Really, feel free to start those.

No, I think what would make everyone feel better is if we hadn't lost to OSU 63-38, and then had two weeks to stew over it.

That, and a couple three-and-outs might help a little.

Yeah, definitely Taylor's worst game this season. Yet we still managed to put 38 on the board. If the defense could make a few plays, we have a decent shot of winning that game.

Taylor had some major miscues in that game, but I think he made up for them by making some big plays, too. The opening drive of the second half was a good example. The D never redeemed themselves in that game. Things just got worse and worse, until we started seeing some halfhearted tackle attempts in the fourth quarter. It was hard to watch.

The defense is hemorrhaging yards and points on a Cosgrovian scale and we've got another thread going about Taylor Martinez.

Martinez has completed 67% of his passes.

He's thrown 4 INTs vs. 14 TDs.

He's 13th in the nation in Pass Efficiency.

He throws an INT 3% of the time he goes back to pass.

He's 39th in the nation in Total Offense.

He's 14th in the country in Points Responsible For.

Meanwhile, the defense is:

92nd in the country in Rush Defense

49th in Total Defense

73rd in Scoring Defense

32nd in Pass Efficiency Defense

Thank god we've identified Martinez as the problem, and thank god we're ready to bench him for the next guy. Thank god we're bitching because this is the best we have.

Exactly.

49th in total defense? I thought 90+. Cos effect.

Only games that taylor has looked "good" in are against nobody opponents.

:facepalm:

Taylor's Ohio State, Michigan State, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, and Missouri wins, off the top of my head, were against "nobody" opponents?

Yes, facepalm. If you actually believe Taylor is the one winning our games, you are delusional my friend.

If you actually believe Taylor is the one losing our games, you are delusional my friend.

Fumbling the ball constantly and throwing interceptions surely doesn't help. He basically spotted Ohio St 14 points and gave them great field position other times. Any other position on the field making consistent mistakes like that would be replaced, but there is no accountability at the QB position. Hopefully that changes when there is more quality depth there.

Is our defense good? Hell no, but QB play has been average at best. The point is there are alot of aspects on this team that need to improve - the d-line, linebackers, o-line, QB play, coaches - before Nebraska can compete for championships and win big games. I'm hoping Bo can swallow his pride and make the changes needed, but I remain skeptical.

• Fire 1

So you throw away the bad game he has, So also throw away the stats agaisnt the high school teams we play and your left with UCLA and Wisconsin games

58% throwing agaist teams with a pulse, Which is still respectable, but notice his interceptions are in both of our losses, I have never said the defense isn't part of the problem, but Taylor needs to show some consistancy.

Maybe if our defense could stop a "high school" team, TM wouldn't have to try to pull plays out of his ass to score.

Exactly if our defense could have stopped Ohio State like in the first quarter, we wouldn't have the need to score on every damn possession. I know we should want to, but when playing good defenses, our own defense needs to step up and give the offense some breathing. A turnover or two or three could have done wonders for the game against Ohio State. BTW it's NORTHWESTERN WEEK!

OHIO STATE SCORED

7 points off returned int

7 points off int brought to the neb 20

7 points off returned punt

0 points off int

7 point off fumble at neb 26

All of these 28 points were GIMMES

As I have stated, I know there are problems with the defense as well, but 21 of those point above were handed to OSU on a silver platter. Remove 28 points from there score you get 38-35 the good guys. Taylor's pick 6 put us in a hole early, and you all know how mentally tough our team is.... Neither side stepped up enough to win the game. Defense has major issues, but I can not understand how you can continue to mask Taylor's.

The offense does have on thing I like, all the play makers seem to have heart. Taylor, Rex, Ameer, Braylon, the receiving core. I think that is the problem with our D. Only guy out there with any heart is martin, and you can't tell with him ;)

It doesn't work like that. If you're gonna remove all 4 TO's and claim we would have won, then you have to remove OSU's fumble that set up a score. It's bad logic. We scored 17 straight after TM threw that first pick. Then, Meyer made an adjustment, and we literally did nothing to stop OSU's offense. I know it's nice to think that if we made 0 turnovers we would have won, but it wasn't likely.

Did TM play a bad game? Sure. Beck and TM took chances to keep the offense moving, because we knew our D couldn't stop them. You also have to remember, that the QB is put under immense pressure to score when he's watching the other team waltz down the field and score every time they have the ball.

The defense gave up 8+ yards per play to OSU.

Oh, ok. I'd still prefer it if our offense wouldn't turn the ball over numerous times per game if our defense is struggling like that. It takes a team effort to get that many points hung on you. It's not all defense.

Well of course it isn't preferred. But when your RB gets knocked out, and your D isn't stopping them, you press to score and stay in the game.

• Fire 1
TAYLOR IS NOT THE PROBLEM!!!! THE DEFENSE IS!?!? WHY CAN'T SOME OF YOU GET THAT THROUGH YOUR ******* HEADS?!
TAYLOR IS NOT THE PROBLEM!!!! THE DEFENSE IS!?!? WHY CAN'T SOME OF YOU GET THAT THROUGH YOUR ******* HEADS?!

Everybody who wants to complain about Taylor needs to read this many times.