we should walk through the rest of the big ten

mwj98

I hate to pick on people, but this is just an absolutely absurd comment and completely wrong way of thinking. What has Nebraska done in the last 10+ years to give you the impression we can just walk through anyone. We got beat at home by Northwestern last year. We travel to their house next weekend, so even thinking we should walk through them or anyone else left on our schedule is just plain stupid.

• Fire 5

I hate to pick on people, but this is just an absolutely absurd comment and completely wrong way of thinking. What has Nebraska done in the last 10+ years to give you the impression we can just walk through anyone. We got beat at home by Northwestern last year. We travel to their house next weekend, so even thinking we should walk through them or anyone else left on our schedule is just plain stupid.

I don't think he's saying we can, so much as he's saying we should. The Big Ten sucks right now. Our mid 90's teams could have waltzed through this season with just our second stringers.

Not wrong way of thinking.....we need to step up........period. defensive line is the key......."wrong way of thinking?".....u can't be serious????

I'm one hundred percent serious. This whole idea that Nebraska is still the cream of the crop, best in the country, elite type of program right now is absolutely wrong. We are rebuilding! Young coaches are trying to find their way of doing things. We have first timers everywhere on this staff. Not only that, we are only in our second year in a new conference. Nebraska has been down for quite some time now, while a lot of other programs are on the rise. College football ebbs and flows like everything else in life. The sooner people can realize that we are going to go through a tough learning process I think the better it will be on this program. People can choose to allow the "process" to happen. Let Bo and his staff come together and create a successful team. It doesn't happen overnight and if you watched the game last Saturday you really have no reason to think this team is there yet. My question to you is "are you serious"? What makes you think we should just "walk through" our opponents as you said above?

I think we can get there with Bo. The discussions on this board show you the type of "sickness" that surrounds this program. This "we're Nebraska, we win automatically" type of bullsh#t just blows my mind. Clearly we aren't intimidating anyone with with the N on our helmets anymore. That doesn't mean we won't ever again, it just means some things need to be fixed. Whether it's the talent, the scheme, or both. You don't just walk through anyone in college football anymore. That way of thinking is old school 1990 Huskers type of thinking and it just isn't the way it is anymore. This team better be ready to play every Saturday, if they aren't, there is something wrong with the core of this team. How could you watch Husker football the last few years and believe that a Saturday victory is just a given? I don't get that way of thinking at all.

By the way, #5 WV just lost to unranked TT. I bet WV though they would just "walk through" this weekend huh?

• Fire 1

There were players quoted after the UCLA game as saying "we just didn't come ready to play". That is a problem. Matter of fact, it's a problem that has appeared with this team more than a few times. That exact quote has come out of a players mouth at least 3 times I can think of in the last 5 years. Now if these guys aren't coming to play ball every Saturday, then what the hell makes a fan think we are just going to "walk through" people? Your not out there on the field. If the guys that are out there don't care enough to be prepared to lay down some whoopass, then it's foolish for you to believe we will walk out there and do it?