B1G Expansion and more Conference Realignment

VectorVictor

Interesting article sent to me by a friend:

Kansas, K-State, and Missouri AD Financials

Interesting re: Missouri's fiscal mess and Kansas' finances. K-State is inflated due to their momentary suspension of incompetence last year.

So KU was in the National Championship, but still would have been in the RED without coaches' severance. That seems difficult to accomplish.

Over the past five years Revenue minus expenses:

• KU +14.9 mil
  • KSU + 51.5 mil
  • MU -8.5 mil.

Considering that KU won a National Championship and went to another National Championship during this time, that makes KSU's number more impressive.

Interesting re: Missouri's fiscal mess and Kansas' finances. K-State is inflated due to their momentary suspension of incompetence last year.

So KU was in the National Championship, but still would have been in the RED without coaches' severance. That seems difficult to accomplish.

• KU +14.9 mil
  • KSU + 51.5 mil
  • MU -8.5 mil.

Considering that KU won a National Championship and went to another National Championship during this time, that makes KSU's number more impressive.

What is KSU paying Snyder? $1.95 plus the recycle money from the pop cans from his office?

I don't know but it might be what Osborne got paid for being the AD

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2012/09/27/the-big-ten-networks-winning-game-plan/

This is BEFORE Rutgers and Maryland join....

"The BTN and the conference have been cashing in. According to SNL Kagan, the BTN’s revenue should increase from $243 million in 2011 to $262 million this year, with operating income (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) climbing from $79 million to $85 million over the same period. Estimated value of the network: $1.3 billion. This year each Big Ten school will get a $7.2 million distribution from the BTN."

• KU +14.9 mil
  • KSU + 51.5 mil
  • MU -8.5 mil.

What is KSU paying Snyder? $1.95 plus the recycle money from the pop cans from his office?

I don't know but it might be what Osborne got paid for being the AD

You could pay Snyder the most money in college football over the past 5 years and KSU would still be up $10 million on KU.

TIFWIW:

A senior Buckeye poster has stated that he is being told that GIT has submitted paperwork or is "close to doing so".

I wouldn't roll with that as assured just yet but he is a pretty reliable source on info thus far. I just don't know who his "source" is.

Thought it was appropriate since this topic has slowed down with the UMD exit fee situation in limbo

Woody -

I have heard a lot from you about sources so I am unsure how to take any of this. So much, not sure what to buy.

Not my source. I Just know the guy who says this stuff is correct . It's hard to get more plugged into the Big Ten than this guy.

Woody -

I have heard a lot from you about sources so I am unsure how to take any of this. So much, not sure what to buy.

Not my source. I Just know the guy who says this stuff is correct . It's hard to get more plugged into the Big Ten than this guy.

You said UVA signed papers like a month ago or something didn't you?

TIFWIW:

A senior Buckeye poster has stated that he is being told that GIT has submitted paperwork or is "close to doing so".

I wouldn't roll with that as assured just yet but he is a pretty reliable source on info thus far. I just don't know who his "source" is.

Thought it was appropriate since this topic has slowed down with the UMD exit fee situation in limbo

It is indeed a break period. The rumors assembled on another team's fan site talk mostly of a scheduling alliance between the Bgi12 and the ACC. Seems odd that that UVa et al would be arranging a future OOC schedule plan while they plan to break it. Although, Pitt wouldn't have a problem with that.

Woody -

Woody -

You said UVA signed papers like a month ago or something didn't you?

Yes I did. Wasn't me who dug up the info though. Just someone I know KNOWS about this stuff.