B1G Expansion and more Conference Realignment

VectorVictor

I've been trying hard to stay away from all the tweets and message board posts but this guy appears to be an actual member of the media. He either knows something or will probably be fired soon. :o

https://twitter.com/Mr_KevinJones

Kevin Jones@Mr_KevinJones

Source: Georiga Tech and UVA will announce decision to leave ACC by Monday. Will join Big 10

why would he be fired? its his job to report this stuff

I've been trying hard to stay away from all the tweets and message board posts but this guy appears to be an actual member of the media. He either knows something or will probably be fired soon. :o

https://twitter.com/Mr_KevinJones

Kevin Jones@Mr_KevinJones

Source: Georiga Tech and UVA will announce decision to leave ACC by Monday. Will join Big 10

why would he be fired? its his job to report this stuff

His job to report facts, or at worst inside scoops that you know are right, not rumors. Credibility is a pretty big issue in that line of work. Not saying he isn't right. He may very well be, in fact I am hoping he is right. The reason I mentioned the firing is this is the first actual legit media source I have seen reporting this, not some blogger or board or tweeter.

I don't get it.

Maybe they want to wait until after the ACC Championship?

I'm just saying, I thought grabbing Maryland and Rutgers was so that we could flash our dollar signs at a big fish university like UNC, FSU, Texas, etc. and get them to join.

GaTech and UVA would be an underwhelming pair to round out the 16-team conference.

ESPN reporting that GIT is denouncing rumors of them joining, or even in talks.

Yea, but what are they supposed to say at this point? What any school or conference says at this point is meaningless in terms of denial. The only thing we will know for sure is when a team does say they are moving.

I agree. But I feel like this would only be a good pickup if we pick up FSU as well. That in my book would be the best case scenario for me. Georgia and Florida are hotbeds for the best recruits and both programs are either good academically or getting good. FSU is a nationally relevant team and GIT is a program with promise that reminds me of us in the nineties.

I don't get it.

Maybe they want to wait until after the ACC Championship?

I'm just saying, I thought grabbing Maryland and Rutgers was so that we could flash our dollar signs at a big fish university like UNC, FSU, Texas, etc. and get them to join.

GaTech and UVA would be an underwhelming pair to round out the 16-team conference.

I would agree IF 16 is it. At this point, I'm not sure about that anymore. If we could have taken ND, FSU, NC and GT we would have, but we had to bring in some of the little fish to lure the big ones. If all this crap does happen in the end all that is going on is the BIG is merging with the best of the ACC in hopes to lure ND.