B1G Expansion and more Conference Realignment

VectorVictor

From a selfish fan view I would like Georgia Tech to join the B1G. More B1G exposure in the southern states. Create a recruiting ring around the right side of the country from Nebraska, Georgia, Maryland, Penn, Ohio, And back down to Nebraska.

You are not the only one.

Georgia's high school football has become a top 5 state in the nation.

I will take anyone of the following schools if they show interest:

Texas, Carolina, Virginia, GIT and Oklahoma.

Oklahoma is the only one with a condition. You can't bring T Boone University

I heard rumors that Nebraska was considering a switch in conferences and I couldn't believe it. I figured someone should warn them about the suckhole of mediocrity (that Penn State willingly entered) but I didn't believe NU would actually let it happen. The general intelligence on this webpage is better than the other fansites. Sure you have haters but that's true anywhere. and the small number of bad posters are mostly from other teams in you're new conference.

So I hope we never have to clash because the Huskers are now my favorite Big10 team. I hope you get to a lot of Rose Bowls, but I fear in time you'll see the conference is built around propping up two teams.

I know this year kind of breaks the trend, but it's funny to me hearing (reading) a Notre Dame fan talk about mediocrity. Well, I guess you know all about that.

Yeah I know, I still have no idea what to say to a Buckeye moaning about other fanbases.

From a selfish fan view I would like Georgia Tech to join the B1G. More B1G exposure in the southern states. Create a recruiting ring around the right side of the country from Nebraska, Georgia, Maryland, Penn, Ohio, And back down to Nebraska.

GT would be a great fit for what B1G wants. Great academics. Great media market. Great recruiting opportunities. It wouldn't damage the overall level of competition.

The only thing going against GT in my opinion is distance from the other B1G schools.

GT would be a great fit for what B1G wants. Great academics. Great media market. Great recruiting opportunities. It wouldn't damage the overall level of competition.

The only thing going against GT in my opinion is distance from the other B1G schools.

Yep. It is unfortunate. The positive is that it's in the most important US airport(and arguably the worst) so flights down will usually be pretty cheap.

And no, to the people who will respond, it doesn't matter if they have great support or not.

The way Notre Dame is pulling out of B1G play makes me think they'd end up in the Big12 or ACC just to spite us...
it is like they enjoy playing hard to get and the more we want them, the more they resist. now it has gotten to the point where they have been so stubborn that their pride will prevent them from ever joining B1G.
The B#G's attitude precluded us from ever joining. In the beginning it was "We don't want your kind here" but later "Get in here so we can put you in your place." Worst recruitment strategy of last century.
i think you want to be a B1G member. after all, we never really had a nd fan be a continuing member of this board until we joined the B1G.

I heard rumors that Nebraska was considering a switch in conferences and I couldn't believe it. I figured someone should warn them about the suckhole of mediocrity (that Penn State willingly entered) but I didn't believe NU would actually let it happen. The general intelligence on this webpage is better than the other fansites. Sure you have haters but that's true anywhere. and the small number of bad posters are mostly from other teams in you're new conference.

So I hope we never have to clash because the Huskers are now my favorite Big10 team. I hope you get to a lot of Rose Bowls, but I fear in time you'll see the conference is built around propping up two teams.

We came from a conference that was built to prop up ONE team so even if what you're saying is true, it's still a better deal....

.../snip/... I figured someone should warn them about the suckhole of mediocrity (that Penn State willingly entered) but I didn't believe NU would actually let it happen..../snip/...

And amidst the Domers self serving nonsense we find the kernel of truth that is the real reason they want no part of the B1G.

They know that they won't be competitive.

And no, to the people who will respond, it doesn't matter if they have great support or not.

It doesn't in regards to the BTN numbers but in the '100 year decision' aspect it is definitely a concern.

We came from a conference that was built to prop up ONE team so even if what you're saying is true, it's still a better deal....

Politically Texas seemed to have sway in the Big12. But on the field they might be 5th best.

You know what kinda schedule props teams up?

anyone that includes Navy and playing 5 ACC games a year.

the Navy that was a play away from beating you? Better stick to Kent State and the 4th most accomplished team from Indiana.

You mean the 10 win Navy team that beat the sh1t outta Mizzou in their bowl game and we let back into the game by removing our starting Qb in the second half?

Yeah, good call. Oh, and you lost to them lol..

OSU doesn't lose to South Florida AT HOME........they certainly don't lose to TULSA.....AT HOME.....We don't get our ass kicked by Navy 3 out of 4 years.....

Who the hell loses to UConn? Who let's Pitt beat them?

These are just some of the many sh1tty programs your school lost to in the past 5 years. Don't ever come onto this board and brag about your football again.

So the B1G gets Maryland, Rutgers, UNC, and Virginia....

And the SEC gets Mizzou, Texas A&M, VaTech, and Florida State....

Why do I feel like we are forcing everyone's hand but at the same time grabbing the weaker schools?.... Probably because we are. Not a fan of these moves whatsoever.

If the B1G is going to expand their territory, they would have been much better off grabbing VaTech, Florida State, Texas, and UNC instead of UVA, Maryland, Rutgers, and UNC. Maybe wouldn't grab quite as much money as the current deal, but the conference would be adding football schools (which it desperately needs) as well as hotbed recruiting areas (Texas, Florida, Carolina, Virginia). What Delaney is doing is just making me shake my head. Money should not be the absolute sole driving force behind these expansions. It should be increasing the athletic prowess of the conference like the SEC is doing.

I have read on FSU boards that they are conflicted on whether they want to go to the Big12 or B1G and no SEC. The Admins want to go B1G but the fanbase wants ACC or Big12.

If we could pull Florida State, that would be the Blockbuster deal that the B1G needs to start getting some positive national buzz.