B1G Expansion and more Conference Realignment

VectorVictor

From what I'm hearing from people in the know, Texas is still in play.

I can't believe that but who am I to judge.

I did call Nebraska, Maryland and Rutgers back when Delaney first mentioned expansion though :P

I would actually like Texas in the conference as long as they aren't allowed to have too much power like they have in the Big 12. (which I am completely confident that the B1G will keep them in check) They bring a LOT of money, a respectable football program, and other sports such as basketball, baseball, and volleyball which they are perennially good at.

From what I'm hearing from people in the know, Texas is still in play.

I can't believe that but who am I to judge.

I did call Nebraska, Maryland and Rutgers back when Delaney first mentioned expansion though :P

I would actually like Texas in the conference as long as they aren't allowed to have too much power like they have in the Big 12. (which I am completely confident that the B1G will keep them in check) They bring a LOT of money, a respectable football program, and other sports such as basketball, baseball, and volleyball which they are perennially good at.

Texas would be like everyone else.

They would have been like everyone else in the Big XII if They weren't with their little Yes men in Tortilla Tech, BU and A&M.

Why do I feel like we are forcing everyone's hand but at the same time grabbing the weaker schools?.... Probably because we are. Not a fan of these moves whatsoever.

If the B1G hadn't shaken the big 12 tree by talking to Missouri, Nebraska never would have fallen out.

BTW don't conflate schools with current football success. All of east coast schools being targeted by the B1G are by far the stronger Universities. The odds of the COP/C allowing entry to another academic outlier are beyond slim.

You know what kinda schedule props teams up?

anyone that includes Navy and playing 5 ACC games a year.

the Navy that was a play away from beating you? Better stick to Kent State and the 4th most accomplished team from Indiana.

You mean the 10 win Navy team that beat the sh1t outta Mizzou in their bowl game and we let back into the game by removing our starting Qb in the second half?

Yeah, good call. Oh, and you lost to them lol..

OSU doesn't lose to South Florida AT HOME........they certainly don't lose to TULSA.....AT HOME.....We don't get our ass kicked by Navy 3 out of 4 years.....

Who the hell loses to UConn? Who let's Pitt beat them?

These are just some of the many sh1tty programs your school lost to in the past 5 years. Don't ever come onto this board and brag about your football again.

Don't ever forget that you represent a corrupt program that still can't beat the other corrupt programs from the South and Southern California. The entire Ohio recruiting machine works for the school and you still wonder why beating IU didn't prepare you to face the big boys.

So the B1G gets Maryland, Rutgers, UNC, and Virginia....

And the SEC gets Mizzou, Texas A&M, VaTech, and Florida State....

Why do I feel like we are forcing everyone's hand but at the same time grabbing the weaker schools?.... Probably because we are. Not a fan of these moves whatsoever.

If the B1G is going to expand their territory, they would have been much better off grabbing VaTech, Florida State, Texas, and UNC instead of UVA, Maryland, Rutgers, and UNC. Maybe wouldn't grab quite as much money as the current deal, but the conference would be adding football schools (which it desperately needs) as well as hotbed recruiting areas (Texas, Florida, Carolina, Virginia). What Delaney is doing is just making me shake my head. Money should not be the absolute sole driving force behind these expansions. It should be increasing the athletic prowess of the conference like the SEC is doing.

Come now, Mizzou didn't win her way into the SEC, she earned it by bringing two major urban tv markets in her dowry. Actually Nebraska instead of Missouri to the big10 was the only conference shift driven primarily by adding a 12th team with a lot of wins and titles.

If the B1G hadn't shaken the big 12 tree by talking to Missouri, Nebraska never would have fallen out.

BTW don't conflate schools with current football success. All of east coast schools being targeted by the B1G are by far the stronger Universities. The odds of the COP/C allowing entry to another academic outlier are beyond slim.

So you're saying that Rutgers and Maryland are stronger universities than Texas, Oklahoma, Florida State, & VaTech? I would argue not, but what do I know?...

You know what kinda schedule props teams up?

anyone that includes Navy and playing 5 ACC games a year.

the Navy that was a play away from beating you? Better stick to Kent State and the 4th most accomplished team from Indiana.

You mean the 10 win Navy team that beat the sh1t outta Mizzou in their bowl game and we let back into the game by removing our starting Qb in the second half?

Yeah, good call. Oh, and you lost to them lol..

OSU doesn't lose to South Florida AT HOME........they certainly don't lose to TULSA.....AT HOME.....We don't get our ass kicked by Navy 3 out of 4 years.....

Who the hell loses to UConn? Who let's Pitt beat them?

These are just some of the many sh1tty programs your school lost to in the past 5 years. Don't ever come onto this board and brag about your football again.

Don't ever forget that you represent a corrupt program that still can't beat the other corrupt programs from the South and Southern California. The entire Ohio recruiting machine works for the school and you still wonder why beating IU didn't prepare you to face the big boys.

Pardon me but I will take players receiving tattoos for selling their possessions over players who rape college girls. I guess I'm just old fashioned that way.

Oh wait, receiving free stuff at Notre Dame does happen too. Doe Kimberly Dunbar ring a bell? So they get free stuff AND rape women.

But hey! I bet they all graduated from the school :D

As far a college record? I will take lumps from UF fans, LSU fans , USC fans but never chumps who lose to Tulsa and couldn't even COMPETE the last 3 times we met on the field.

So you're saying that Rutgers and Maryland are stronger universities than Texas, Oklahoma, Florida State, & VaTech? I would argue not, but what do I know?...

Rutgers and Maryland ARE stronger Universities than all those except for Texas.

But I don't think he was talking about Texas. They are a no brainer add if they want in.

Rutgers and Maryland ARE stronger Universities than all those except for Texas.

On what criteria are Maryland and Rutgers stronger universities than Texas, OU, & FSU?... Academics maybe, but when we are assembling a conference for athletics, we should rate athletics at the top. Texas, OU, FSU, and VaTech are all much stronger schools athletically than Maryland and Rutgers, which is what the B1G NEEDS. Otherwise, this conference will continue to slip into irrelevance.