B1G Expansion and more Conference Realignment

VectorVictor

The 20 team model is interesting. Basically it would be most of the ACC teams merged with the Big10. Like the SEC & B12 partnership but a step further Big10 wanted to do partner with the pac but that fell through so it would make sense to go the East Coast route. I also think KU, MU and schools in our direction don't fit the direction they want to go. They keep talking about demographics and the migration of people to sunbelt states. If they are going to establish B10 offices on the east coast they are probably intent on expanding southward along the coast and perhaps into the Boston area.

This could very well be the future. We know that the future bowls, more or less, have plans for the Pac-12, SEC, B1G, and Big XII, and the ACC, really, was more of an afterthought and relegated to the kiddie table with the Big East.

i just wish we would cut out non-con games. or only allow one, and have it be a big one on a neutral field. we need to stop encouraging smaller schools to move up to div. 1 just to get slaughtered by the big boys for a check to fund their entire athletic department for the year.

div. 1 college football really needs to parse down the teams and only have like 40-60 teams involved for its championship.

also, if the endgame in this expansion for B1G is to get ND, then they should go after bc and have a clause where no B1G team can play an independent school. force ND out of some of their greatest rivals.

i just wish we would cut out non-con games. or only allow one, and have it be a big one on a neutral field. we need to stop encouraging smaller schools to move up to div. 1 just to get slaughtered by the big boys for a check to fund their entire athletic department for the year.

div. 1 college football really needs to parse down the teams and only have like 40-60 teams involved for its championship.

also, if the endgame in this expansion for B1G is to get ND, then they should go after bc and have a clause where no B1G team can play an independent school. force ND out of some of their greatest rivals.

I think if the mega conferences come to pass that they should force ND to join a conference otherwise exclude them entirely. They should not enjoy special privleges.

The way Notre Dame is pulling out of B1G play makes me think they'd end up in the Big12 or ACC just to spite us...

it is like they enjoy playing hard to get and the more we want them, the more they resist. now it has gotten to the point where they have been so stubborn that their pride will prevent them from ever joining B1G.

The way Notre Dame is pulling out of B1G play makes me think they'd end up in the Big12 or ACC just to spite us...

it is like they enjoy playing hard to get and the more we want them, the more they resist. now it has gotten to the point where they have been so stubborn that their pride will prevent them from ever joining B1G.

The B#G's attitude precluded us from ever joining. In the beginning it was "We don't want your kind here" but later "Get in here so we can put you in your place." Worst recruitment strategy of last century.

Guys,

It has NOTHING to do with pride. It has to do with relevancy. They are irrelevant in their minds if they join the Big Ten. Does anyone really think Fielding Yost's anti-Catholic/Immigrant stance in the 1920s, matter today? ridiculous.

They play USC and Stanford every year, why? To play in Cali to get Cali recruits.

They played Wazzou in San Antonio a few years back, why? to get Texas recruits.

They can at least COMPETE(They never really win) recruiting in the Midwest over the Big boys without being in the same conference.

Now this might be a completely false pretense since I remember a strictly Midwestern team getting Tom Brady from Cali, Dhani Jones from MD and David Terrell from Virginia on the same team back in the 90's but it is a mindset that they have. I assure you.

This is why if Delaney successfully destroys the ACC(which I think he will since I think he gets UNC and UVA) ND will just go to the Big XII.

The B#G's attitude precluded us from ever joining. In the beginning it was "We don't want your kind here" but later "Get in here so we can put you in your place." Worst recruitment strategy of last century.

i think you want to be a B1G member. after all, we never really had a nd fan be a continuing member of this board until we joined the B1G.

horsesh#t.

TSUN didn't want 'them Catholics' in back in the 20's. So what? TSUN didn't want Sparty or the Cornhuskers in either.

The second half is pure nonsense. The COP/C welcomed ND with open arms and the actual academics at ND relished the idea.

ND isn't in the B1G solely because of the attitude of ND alums.... well that and the student body in the 90's who were told that joining the CIC meant the girls of St. Marys would be forced to have abortions.

Does anyone really think Fielding Yost's anti-Catholic/Immigrant stance in the 1920s, matter today? ridiculous.

Oh it matters to their fans. They're not the swiftest moving bunch.

i think you want to be a B1G member. after all, we never really had a nd fan be a continuing member of this board until we joined the B1G.

I heard rumors that Nebraska was considering a switch in conferences and I couldn't believe it. I figured someone should warn them about the suckhole of mediocrity (that Penn State willingly entered) but I didn't believe NU would actually let it happen. The general intelligence on this webpage is better than the other fansites. Sure you have haters but that's true anywhere. and the small number of bad posters are mostly from other teams in you're new conference.

So I hope we never have to clash because the Huskers are now my favorite Big10 team. I hope you get to a lot of Rose Bowls, but I fear in time you'll see the conference is built around propping up two teams.

I heard rumors that Nebraska was considering a switch in conferences and I couldn't believe it. I figured someone should warn them about the suckhole of mediocrity (that Penn State willingly entered) but I didn't believe NU would actually let it happen. The general intelligence on this webpage is better than the other fansites. Sure you have haters but that's true anywhere. and the small number of bad posters are mostly from other teams in you're new conference.

So I hope we never have to clash because the Huskers are now my favorite Big10 team. I hope you get to a lot of Rose Bowls, but I fear in time you'll see the conference is built around propping up two teams.

I know this year kind of breaks the trend, but it's funny to me hearing (reading) a Notre Dame fan talk about mediocrity. Well, I guess you know all about that.

And this is the a$$hole fanbase you guys want in the conference?(most of you guys)

Do I have to go through the litany of schools who have won a BCS game again?(and more obviously, the ones who have not)

ND is old news and bring nothing but money to the conference. They don't improve the talent pool and would be 8-4 in the conference most years at best. Draft for potential I say unless you get someone who can sustain themselves like UT.

• Fire 1