Why I support Romney

That's a seriously uncompelling argument for Romney.

I think that when you're truly convinced of the fact that Obama is the worst president in your lifetime, it's reason enough. And there are plenty of people who believe that, wholeheartedly. They believed it before he was ever sworn into office, and they believe it to this day, evidence be damned.

• Fire 4

So you think Obama will win the independent voters 52-44 again?

Where did I say that?

You didn't. You said all the R's are going to vote for Romney. I'm asking if you think it will be the same as the Indy's? or are they going to vote for Romney as a referendum on Obama?

I think that when you're truly convinced of the fact that Obama is the worst president in your lifetime, it's reason enough. And there are plenty of people who believe that, wholeheartedly. They believed it before he was ever sworn into office, and they believe it to this day, evidence be damned.

The R's will vote almost as identical in this election as the D's did in the last, we all know this. What will swing the vote is the Independents. If Romney wins it will be because of them. Are you saying they didn't comprehend the evidence right in front of them?

You said all the R's are going to vote for Romney.

I think you're thinking of someone else. I didn't say this.

"I mean, why not? He's got an R behind his name, right?"

"I mean, why not? He's got an R behind his name, right?" negated.gif"all the R's are going to vote for Romney."

You said all the R's are going to vote for Romney.

I think you're thinking of someone else. I didn't say this.

"I mean, why not? He's got an R behind his name, right?"

"I mean, why not? He's got an R behind his name, right?" negated.gif"all the R's are going to vote for Romney."

:lol:

Contrary to knapp's preconceived notions about non-Obama supporters, there is more to it than simply having an R behind the name. It is hard to discern in a lot of instances but, unbelievably, not everyone thinks the evidence of Obama's greatness is all that compelling. I can't help it that in this two party system, the only likely person to unseat the annointed one happens to be a Republican. Evidence be damned? It certainly was four years ago and it might possibly be again.

Contrary to knapp's preconceived notions about non-Obama supporters, there is more to it than simply having an R behind the name. It is hard to discern in a lot of instances but, unbelievably, not everyone thinks the evidence of Obama's greatness is all that compelling. I can't help it that in this two party system, the only likely person to unseat the annointed one happens to be a Republican. Evidence be damned? It certainly was four years ago and it might possibly be again.

I'm just trying to imagine how far to the left one has to be to have that kind of mindset.

I don't know, there is always Jimmie Carter but I guess you have to be a little older for him.

The R's will vote almost as identical in this election as the D's did in the last, we all know this. What will swing the vote is the Independents. If Romney wins it will be because of them. Are you saying they didn't comprehend the evidence right in front of them?

All Independents don't have Fox News' hook in their mouth.

All Independents don't have Fox News' hook in their mouth.

Care to actually answer the question?

f#*k it, why not support Romney?

That could not be a more clear, concise reason for why people are supporting Cain Bachmann Perry Gingrich Huntsman Romney.

I mean, why not? He's got an R behind his name, right?

Let's go, MITT! Let's go, MITT! Let's go, MITT!

You seem to have a real issue with people that supported other republican canidates prior to the Republican Convention and now support Romney. I did support Gingrich, but more what I support is the idea of states fixing their own problems using the unique resources of each state. I cannot understand how the Federal Govenment can make sweeping regulations for every state. What states need is the ability and support to utlize their own resources to grow their own economies and be responsible to fix their own problems. This country is very diverse and we should take advantage of that. Any Republican nominee would have supported state right over federal government.

Did you feel the same way in 2008 about people who voted for Hillary Clinton, Chris Dodd, John Edwards in the primaries and then voted for Obama in the election? I think more of the issue is that Romney has closed some of the gap and your starting to feel defensive and grasping at straws.

• Fire 1