Why I support Romney

Sorry if I completely disagree with how liberals look at the world therefore I have a very hard time voting for a liberal President.

You don't disagree with how liberals look at the world. You disagree with how a very small percentage of very far left liberals look at the world. What you posted was a gigantic exaggeration of every far left thing you've ever heard from the media.

I post why I am voting for Romney explaining that it is more than just a vote against Obama and you act like I shouldn't do that?

No. What I said was, "When the arguments presented against Obama are amateurish caricatures of a hated political enemy rather than sober, grown-up critiques, yeah, I'm going to go ahead and think that."

You presented Republican Mouthpiece derp about Obama that has very little to do with who/what he is, or has or hasn't accomplished.

I'm challenging you to be better than that. Don't just regurgitate false nonsense about a hated political foe. There are very valid reasons for not voting for Obama. But you presented none of them. You presented a false picture of the guy. That hurts the discourse in this country, and we don't need people continuing to drive the wedge. We need grown-up discussions about our real problems.

So, instead of attacking me for my views, why don't you express where I am wrong? Please explain what he accomplished before he was elected to office in Illinois.

And, as for my views of liberal thought process, I am NOT wrong. Someone even said on here not too long ago that the reason why they are liberal is because they believe the federal government needs to be strong and big enough to do what they believe needs to be done against large corporations. How is that NOT believing the government needs to be bigger and more powerful? How is that not believing corporations are in essence evil and need to be controlled?

Sorry you get offended when someone doesn't see the world the way you do. And, it is funny that your entire argument against how I believe is claiming that I'm just repeating Fox News, Republicans...etc. I have made it clear on here that I despise Fox News, Rush, Hannity...etc. My views are based on my own personal experiences in life. Now, if you can't handle that and only want to attack me for my posts, then that is your problem.

And, spare me the condescending remarks about how you are "challenging me to be better".

Sorry if I completely disagree with how liberals look at the world therefore I have a very hard time voting for a liberal President.

You don't disagree with how liberals look at the world. You disagree with how a very small percentage of very far left liberals look at the world. What you posted was a gigantic exaggeration of every far left thing you've ever heard from the media.

Every time I take one of those on line political personality tests, it tells me that I am pretty middle of the road. So, you may be very right. My problem is, I have a problem with those far left views being tied into our government.

So, instead of attacking me for my views, why don't you express where I am wrong? Please explain what he accomplished before he was elected to office in Illinois.

It's been discussed and debunked ad nauseum over the past several months. Go dig up some necro threads if you want responses to the bold, because I'm not wasting my time on this nonsense.

Ron Paul? Really? I would rather elect some of the posters on this board ahead that idiot and his borderline anarcho-capitalist agenda.

Yeah, those asshat founding fathers and their liberty-driven principles, am I right? They were completely anarcho-capitalist...

• Fire 1

Now, if that isn't their [the Democrats] message, then they really suck at marketing.

We can certainly agree on that! The GOP is orders of magnitude better at simplistic easily repeatable sound bites. Maybe it's because GOP voters are far more likely to repeat them? (job creators, class warfare, war on Christmas, apology tour, etc.)

Who needs facts when you've got a Luntz-ian slogan handed to you?

Don't be so sure, carlfense:

Nebraska G.O.P. Draws a Tougher Map for Obama

The most impressive victory of President Obama’s 2008 campaign may have also been the most minute: he won a single electoral vote by a single percentage point in Nebraska’s Second Congressional District. (Nebraska is one of two states, along with Maine, that awards electoral votes by Congressional district.)

Nebraska’s Second District was the reddest electoral vote Mr. Obama carried in 2008. It falls to the right of traditionally Republican states like North Carolina and Virginia on FiveThirtyEight’s Presidential Voting Index and was the farthest Mr. Obama was able to penetrate into G.O.P. territory.

But after the election, Nebraska Republicans responded with a fairly simple strategy. They moved the Second District even farther behind the battlements, redrawing the district lines after the 2010 Census to make it more Republican and “avoid what they considered to be the debacle of losing the seat to Obama in 2008,” Mr. Landow said.

Redistricting rides to final vote

LINCOLN — A Democrat-led filibuster of a congressional redistricting plan was headed off Monday, but only after one sick senator received a ride to the State Capitol and another returned from work in an Omaha courtroom.

The 33-15 vote to end the filibuster — the bare minimum needed — allowed the GOP-dominated Nebraska Legislature to advance a plan that would move eastern Sarpy County, including Bellevue and Offutt Air Force Base, out of its longtime home in the Omaha-centered 2nd Congressional District.

The entire City of Bellevue and points east of 60th Street south of Capehart Road would join Norfolk, Lincoln and Columbus in the 1st District.

Now, if that isn't their [the Democrats] message, then they really suck at marketing.

We can certainly agree on that! The GOP is orders of magnitude better at simplistic easily repeatable sound bites. Maybe it's because GOP voters are far more likely to repeat them? (job creators, class warfare, war on Christmas, apology tour, etc.)

Are you saying Democrats don't use easily repeated slogans?

"Hope and Change"....awe how we forget.

Are you saying Democrats don't use easily repeated slogans?

"Hope and Change"....awe how we forget.

Awwwww . . . how easily you forget my stance on "Hope and Change."

Please. Go find an instance of me using that phrase in support of Obama.

I would guess that I could find an instance of you using one of the following: "job creators," "class warfare," "apology tour."

That is the difference.

So, post after post of people claiming that the only reason people are voting for Romney is because of voting against Obama and that's OK? I express why I'm voting for Romney and it is met with how "amateurish" it is?

worship for this "savior"

Obama is the most awesome political figure and leader in the history of the world.

he was a community organizer

all I ever hear from the Dems is that the federal government is the answer to everything and how we are going to pay for it is to tax those evil rich people and those evil corporations

A community organizer that believes the federal government should fix all your problems and has basically worked all his life to get elected

he has proven his incompetence since he has been in office

These can be your reasons. That's perfectly OK. It's also perfectly OK for me to point out that these reasons are not factual, they're caricatures, and amateurish caricatures at that.

I'm not sure at all and I didn't mean for it to come off that way.

FWIW (not much, probably) I know an attorney who is heavily involved in the Nebraska DNC who predicts that Obama will still take Omaha's electoral vote. My guess is that he's too close to the situation to have an accurate picture.

I'm not sure at all and I didn't mean for it to come off that way.

FWIW (not much, probably) I know an attorney who is heavily involved in the Nebraska DNC who predicts that Obama will still take Omaha's electoral vote. My guess is that he's too close to the situation to have an accurate picture.

I would love to see that happen. I hate gerrymandering. It's a crime against democracy.