Why I support Romney

I think more of the issue is that Romney has closed some of the gap and your starting to feel defensive and grasping at straws.

I'll admit to being very concerned that Mitt has closed the gap. I'm very afraid that Right-Wing America will get the candidate they vote for. But I'm not defensive in the least - that's a projection, I guess.

Further, there's a very clear difference between the Democratic Primaries circa 2007/08 and the most recent Republican Primaries. It was more than clear this time around that Mitt was the last girl at the dance. Obama took control over the Democratic Primary quite early in the process and never let go of the lead. This time around, the Republicans waffled between six or seven different front-runners before finally being forced to acquiesce to Romney as the least nutty of the bunch.

I do have an issue with people firmly supporting Romney under those circumstances. As recently as eight months ago it wasn't clear that he was the guy getting the nomination, and today he's THE ANSWER. No, he isn't. Not only is he not THE ANSWER, he never was. There's a strong sense of hypocrisy in today's staunch support of Mitt Romney.

Do you need me to pull up some Republican Mouthpiece soundbites from the past year showing the outright disdain for Mitt, or can we just accept that as a given and agree that he is what he is - the least unpalatable of many tremendously unpalatable choices.

• Fire 2

I thought for equal time, I would start this topic to contend with the other guy.

I don't have or need paragraphs of reasons. Here's my simple rational; f#*k it, why not support Romney? I mean has Obama really been great or even good? Not seeing any type of leadership that isn't likely to improve with a change. I've got more but, that is enough for me.

I have heard this a few times....has Obama been great or even good?

My question, and I'm not saying i'm for or against, i'm registered as an independant, but what would have made Obama simply good?

You said all the R's are going to vote for Romney.

I think you're thinking of someone else. I didn't say this.

"I mean, why not? He's got an R behind his name, right?"

"I mean, why not? He's got an R behind his name, right?" negated.gif"all the R's are going to vote for Romney."

All the D's will vote for Obama....what's your point?

Vote for whomever you wish

Romney will sweep Nebraska...I can promise you that

But it's anybodys game

vote away!

That's a seriously uncompelling argument for Romney.

Zoogies- That was precisely my point and one of the reasons I chose not to go into lengthy policy details of all my reasons. I simply feel that Obama has done little to nothing to earn the support he appears to have with almost half the country. I am being attacked and ridiculed by Obama supporters who claim this large body of evidence that says Obama is clearly a better choice than Romney. Well guess what, I don't see any evidence that supports that position. The closest I can come is that a lot of the rights worst fears about Obama have not been realized. I just think and hope that we can do better. I'm not absolutely convinced Romney will be better but I'm willing to take the chance that he will. I'm not seeing the evidence that proves I am bypassing a proven commodity in Obama. Couple that with my belief that government spending is less efficient than citizen and business spending and you get a guy who will gladly vote for Romney and give him a chance.

• Fire 1

And BTW, I never supported Bachman, Perry, Santorum, or Huntsman. I did and do however prefer Cain or Gingrich to Romney. Not sure what point knapp thinks that proves. There have to be literally hundreds of people immensely more qualified than either Romney or Obama. Unfortunately, those more qualified people have zero chance of winning this election. I simply believe Romney is a better choice than Obama. So, I guess people can stomp their feet and claim that it's only because of a letter behind the name or say that I'm missing compelling evidence if they wish. Rest assured, I will change my mind when I am satisfied, not when they are.

This thread is comical.

People's vote for Romney is much more than just a vote against Obama. And, if you think so, that is just that much more evidence of worship for this "savior". After all, why would anyone not believe Obama is the most awesome political figure and leader in the history of the world. After all, he was a community organizer and won the Nobel Peace Prize.

I honestly try every election cycle to find what I can vote for in both parties. The fact is, all I ever hear from the Dems is that the federal government is the answer to everything and how we are going to pay for it is to tax those evil rich people and those evil corporations. Now, if that isn't their message, then they really suck at marketing.

The fact is, the federal government is not here to make sure you are successful and everyone is nice to you. It is not here to fix all of your stupid mistakes in life.

On the flip side, I believe in smaller government and when possible, any governmental involvement in issues need to be as close to the local level as possible. Are the Republicans perfect? Hell no, I was pissed they have spent so much money during the Bush years.

But, looking at this election, I have the decision to make between these two choices:

a) Someone who represents a party who at least talks about smaller government and states rights. On top of that, the candidate has been successful in the private sector and running large organizations. He has been the CEO of a state and has worked with both sides to make that state successful.

b) A community organizer that believes the federal government should fix all your problems and has basically worked all his life to get elected...(other than when he was organizing getting some people registered to vote).

In my view, he has proven his incompetence since he has been in office. I'm ready for someone who has actually proven they can be successful an believes in smaller government.

So, you can go along with your idea that the only people who want to vote for Romney are only voting against Obama. But, if that is what your party believes then they are in bigger trouble than I thought.

• Fire 1

I thought for equal time, I would start this topic to contend with the other guy.

I don't have or need paragraphs of reasons. Here's my simple rational; f#*k it, why not support Romney? I mean has Obama really been great or even good? Not seeing any type of leadership that isn't likely to improve with a change. I've got more but, that is enough for me.

I have heard this a few times....has Obama been great or even good?

My question, and I'm not saying i'm for or against, i'm registered as an independant, but what would have made Obama simply good?

Ending the war in the Middle East, therefore bringing soldiers home and lowering the enormous budget that we currently have overseas for the war. Cut the budget and create jobs...

This thread is comical.

People's vote for Romney is much more than just a vote against Obama. And, if you think so, that is just that much more evidence of worship for this "savior". After all, why would anyone not believe Obama is the most awesome political figure and leader in the history of the world. After all, he was a community organizer and won the Nobel Peace Prize.

I honestly try every election cycle to find what I can vote for in both parties. The fact is, all I ever hear from the Dems is that the federal government is the answer to everything and how we are going to pay for it is to tax those evil rich people and those evil corporations. Now, if that isn't their message, then they really suck at marketing.

The fact is, the federal government is not here to make sure you are successful and everyone is nice to you. It is not here to fix all of your stupid mistakes in life.

On the flip side, I believe in smaller government and when possible, any governmental involvement in issues need to be as close to the local level as possible. Are the Republicans perfect? Hell no, I was pissed they have spent so much money during the Bush years.

But, looking at this election, I have the decision to make between these two choices:

a) Someone who represents a party who at least talks about smaller government and states rights. On top of that, the candidate has been successful in the private sector and running large organizations. He has been the CEO of a state and has worked with both sides to make that state successful.

b) A community organizer that believes the federal government should fix all your problems and has basically worked all his life to get elected...(other than when he was organizing getting some people registered to vote).

In my view, he has proven his incompetence since he has been in office. I'm ready for someone who has actually proven they can be successful an believes in smaller government.

So, you can go along with your idea that the only people who want to vote for Romney are only voting against Obama. But, if that is what your party believes then they are in bigger trouble than I thought.

When the arguments presented against Obama are amateurish caricatures of a hated political enemy rather than sober, grown-up critiques, yeah, I'm going to go ahead and think that.

• Fire 1

No, you're the one who posted this, which is the derp you think needs a response. It's been discussed and debunked ad nauseum over the past several months. Go dig up some necro threads if you want responses to the bold, because I'm not wasting my time on this nonsense.

This thread is comical.

So, let me get this straight. Here is a complete thread basically dissing any thought process behind voting for Romney, I post why I am voting for Romney explaining that it is more than just a vote against Obama and you act like I shouldn't do that?

What?? Are you expecting a 300 page dissertation on a message board? Sorry if I don't agree with you you are voting for. That's life. Sorry if I completely disagree with how liberals look at the world therefore I have a very hard time voting for a liberal President.

I guess when you don't have a response you just call it "derp"...what ever that is...never heard that word before.

I post why I am voting for Romney explaining that it is more than just a vote against Obama and you act like I shouldn't do that?

No. What I said was, "When the arguments presented against Obama are amateurish caricatures of a hated political enemy rather than sober, grown-up critiques, yeah, I'm going to go ahead and think that."

You presented Republican Mouthpiece derp about Obama that has very little to do with who/what he is, or has or hasn't accomplished.

I'm challenging you to be better than that. Don't just regurgitate false nonsense about a hated political foe. There are very valid reasons for not voting for Obama. But you presented none of them. You presented a false picture of the guy. That hurts the discourse in this country, and we don't need people continuing to drive the wedge. We need grown-up discussions about our real problems.