Why I support Romney

Democrats don't like the term "class warfare" because it is exactly what it is and they are guilty of it.

Stop accusing me of just repeating Republicans catch phrases

You cannot be serious.

Oh...I get it...because I call something for what it is that's proving your point? Wow...you are great debater.

My comment was based around the accusation that Republicans only use short catch phrases and that is the only thing they have to go on.

Could you link to me making the accusation "that Republicans only use short catch phrases"?

I really needed to do this? Sometimes having a discussion with you is like running in circles.

We can certainly agree on that! The GOP is orders of magnitude better at simplistic easily repeatable sound bites. Maybe it's because GOP voters are far more likely to repeat them? (job creators, class warfare, war on Christmas, apology tour, etc.)

Who needs facts when you've got a Luntz-ian slogan handed to you?

It wouldn't feel like running in circles if you wouldn't play so fast and loose with the facts. Don't try to substitute straw men and you won't run into as many problems.

I'll repeat: Where did I say that only Republicans use short catch phrases?

There are no problems I'm running into.

I thought for equal time, I would start this topic to contend with the other guy.

I don't have or need paragraphs of reasons. Here's my simple rational; f#*k it, why not support Romney? I mean has Obama really been great or even good? Not seeing any type of leadership that isn't likely to improve with a change. I've got more but, that is enough for me.

you do not need to share with us that you 'don't have ... paragraphs of reasons'. you have made that abundantly clear in your other posts.

romney's 'tax plan':

Marco Rubio On Romney Tax Plan: Don't Touch The Biggest Deductions

Underscoring just how hard a political lift Mitt Romney's tax reform plan would be if pursued, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said on Tuesday that he would be uncomfortable with any plan that cut down some of the biggest deductions.

"There will be a very helpful debate about whether things like the charitable deduction, the health insurance premium, the home interest deduction should be part of the deal," Rubio told a crowd of journalists at a Bloomberg View event. "I don't think that those, especially the home interest deduction, [reducing that] is troubling, because it really helps the middle class. Do you really want to hurt charitable giving in a country when you are saying that you want to rely less on government and more on private institutions to deal with these issues? And how are you going to raise taxes on people on their health care premiums when you are saying you want there to be a system in place where folks can have more control over their own money?"

Rubio's analysis of who benefits from these deductions is correct. It is primarily the lower and middle class. But politically, his statement throws cold water on Romney's tax reform plan. Without touching the charitable, home interest, or health care deductions, there isn't even close to enough revenue to pay for a 20-percent across the board rate cut of the kind that the Republican nominee has pledged -- even including those exemptions and deductions doesn't get you close. A recent Joint Committee on Taxation report suggested that including those exemptions and deductions would get you toward 4 percent of the cost.

romney the 'businessman'.

David Stockman On Mitt Romney: 'He Was A Master Financial Speculator'

In an op-ed in The Daily Beast, David Stockman argues that the Romney campaign’s refrain is “dead wrong" -- the refrain being that the Republican candidate is prepared to help the sputtering U.S. economy because he transformed struggling companies and created jobs. Instead, Stockman says, it’s “crony capitalism” and central bank help that’s made gambling on failing companies a relatively safe bet.

“Mitt Romney was not a businessman,” he wrote. “He was a master financial speculator who bought, sold, flipped, and stripped businesses.”

Stockman goes on to write: “Bain’s billions of profits were not rewards for capitalist creation; they were mainly windfalls collected from gambling in markets that were rigged to rise.”

the media trying to understand romney's 'tax plan'.

Anderson Cooper Rips Mitt Romney's Tax Plan

During his signature "Keeping Them Honest" segment, CNN host Anderson Cooper questioned Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's tax plan.

Cooper replayed clips of Romney and his running mate Rep. Paul Ryan promising to cut taxes for middle-income families. "Under no circumstances will I raise taxes on the middle class of America," Romney has said on the campaign trail.

Ryan echoed this sentiment during last week's vice presidential debate. "You can cut tax rates by 20 percent, and still preserve these important preferences for middle class tax payers," Ryan said.

The problem though, Cooper said, is that Romney and Ryan fail to "specify which tax cuts they'll cap, or which loopholes they'll close."

Both Romney and Ryan avoid specifics and simply cite six studies from institutions like Harvard, Princeton and the Wall Street Journal, concluding that their tax plan will deliver on its promises.

"Keeping them honest, though, a bipartisan study found the math doesn't work. And the other studies, which the Romney campaign counters with, well they're coming under fire as well," Cooper said. "The suggestion is that these are full-blow academic studies. Actually, three are blog-posts, one is a Wall Street Journal op-ed."

He added, "every one of these authors in each these so-called studies is making assumptions...because neither Mitt Romney or Paul Ryan nor any of their surrogates have yet come forward with specifics."

Matt Taibbi: Mitt Romney Campaign 'Not Serious'

"Every single day in the newspapers it should be, 'Romney-Ryan Tax Plan Still Makes No Sense,'" Taibbi, contributing editor to Rolling Stone, told Current TV host Eliot Spitzer on Spitzer's show "Viewpoint" Monday. "They're making this extravagant promise, they're saying, 'We're going to cut everybody's taxes by 20 percent, it's going to be like Fairyland,' and yet they're being treated as though it's a serious political campaign, and they should be [getting] slaughtered by the press for this."

The Tax Policy Center recently concluded that Romney's tax plan is mathematically impossible without raising taxes on the middle class. Taibbi echoed this analysis on Current TV, saying that cutting deductions to help pay for a 20 percent cut in marginal tax rates would "disproportionately" hit the middle class and lower class, while helping the rich the most. But Romney and Ryan "haven't been forced to give those answers," Taibbi said.

a lot of people have explained why they are conservative or republican, but i wish one person would tell me why they support romney and where he stands on anything.

for information on how obama has bettered this economy, please see: 'why i support obama'.

also, i take issue with the op. someone asked me who i supported, so i shared it with them. i thought i would be courteous and offer an explanation. why waste our time with your post? it was just obnoxious. some free advice (a handout, if you will), if you want to seem like an informed, intelligent voter, you might want to demonstrate some facts and reasoning to your positions. but, f&ck it, this is america!

You seem to have a real issue with people that supported other republican canidates prior to the Republican Convention and now support Romney. I did support Gingrich, but more what I support is the idea of states fixing their own problems using the unique resources of each state. I cannot understand how the Federal Govenment can make sweeping regulations for every state. What states need is the ability and support to utlize their own resources to grow their own economies and be responsible to fix their own problems. This country is very diverse and we should take advantage of that. Any Republican nominee would have supported state right over federal government.

it seems a lot of states have more problems than resources:

Most Red States Take More Money From Washington Than They Put In

Red states were more likely to get a bigger cut of federal spending. Of the 22 states that went to McCain in 2008, 86 percent received more federal spending than they paid in taxes in 2010. In contrast, 55 percent of the states that went to Obama received more federal spending than they paid in taxes. Republican states, on average, received $1.46 in federal spending for every tax dollar paid; Democratic states, on average, received $1.16.

I honestly try every election cycle to find what I can vote for in both parties. The fact is, all I ever hear from the Dems is that the federal government is the answer to everything and how we are going to pay for it is to tax those evil rich people and those evil corporations. Now, if that isn't their message, then they really suck at marketing.

i think you meant to say, 'now, if that isn't their message, then it is because fox news is really good at fabricating narratives and creating false dichotomies'.

Oh...I get it...because I call something for what it is that's proving your point? Wow...you are great debater.

I don't have to accuse you of being a blind follower of the Republican Mouthpieces. You accuse yourself.

wow...how profound. Keep following the liberal blind doctrine.

Let's play a fun game. How about you show us all where I've done this. Anywhere. From MSNBC, from the Democrats, anywhere. Have fun!

I don't have to accuse you of being a blind follower of the Republican Mouthpieces. You accuse yourself.

wow...how profound. Keep following the liberal blind doctrine.

The problem being that knapplc doesn't seem particularly liberal . . .

To the left of yourself, certainly. Liberal? I don't see it.

My comment is no more ridiculous than you accusing me of blindly repeating Republican phrases.

Many times on this forum I have spelled out personal experiences as to how I came to my views on life and politics. BUT, any time I get into a discussion with either of you, it quickly boils down to you accusing me of doing nothing more than repeating Republican catch phrases.

Now, if you want to have a discussion, then let's have one and stop with the annoying accusations as to where I come up with my views because they are so far off. I have repeatedly criticized both the Republican party and their media mouth pieces. BUT, when I do the same for the Democrats and their media mouth pieces, you are quick to defend them.

I criticize Fox News and we high five.

I criticize MSNBC and all of a sudden I have said something that you don't agree with.

My comment is no more ridiculous than you accusing me oRepublican media mouthpieces blindly repeating Republican phrases.

Many times on this forum I have spelled out personal experiences as to how I came to my views on life and politics. BUT, any time I get into a discussion with either of you, it quickly boils down to you accusing me of doing nothing more than repeating Republican catch phrases.

It would be far more difficult to point out you doing this if you would stop doing this. Here's a suggestion - stop doing this. At that point, I'll stop pointing out when you do it.

Now, if you want to have a discussion, then let's have one and stop with the annoying accusations as to where I come up with my views because they are so far off. I have repeatedly criticized both the Republican party and their media mouth pieces. BUT, when I do the same for the Democrats and their media mouth pieces, you are quick to defend them.

I cannot recall your criticism of Republican media mouthpieces. Nor, frankly, can I recall your criticism of Democrat media mouthpieces. What I can recall, in this thread, within the hour, is your repetition of Republican BS talking point catchphrases, and me pointing out the idiocy of those catchphrases. Again, stop saying those things and we'll have no more of me pointing them out.

I criticize Fox News and we high five.

Can't recall doing this, but if it happened, likely we would.

I criticize MSNBC and all of a sudden I have said something that you don't agree with.

I have never defended MSNBC. I consider them on the same level as Fox News, and have said as much many times. I never quote them, I never watch them, and I have no idea what their agenda is, nor do I care.

. . . when Obama consistently is trying to blame every economic problem on the 1% or the wealthy or the rich or those making over $250,000 or whatever point of delineation he is using at the time.

What? Are you trying to conflate advocating for not reinstating the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans and "blam[ing] every economic problem on the 1%"?

Can you show a single instance where Obama blamed every economic problem on the wealthy?

Maybe "every" was the incorrect word but, you would have to have your head buried in err.... the sand to not hear this message tied to virtually every economic issue that dems or Obama speak about. It is almost always "get the 1% to pay their fair share", 1% this 1% that, "those making 1 million dollars or more", "those making over $250,000" etc. They are the reason we can't balance the budget, they are the reason we can't fully fund education, can't fund social programs. The tax cuts for the rich are why we don't have enough money for Washington to spend on their shopping list. The greedy rich wallstreeters and bankers and insurance guys etc., they're what is holding us back. That is the message I hear when the dems or Obama are talking.

Now I agree that the tax loopholes that allow the rich to pay a lower effective rate than the rest of us needs to be fixed. But WTF, quit talking about it and demonizing wealthy people and just fix it. They use it in a manner that divides us, merely paying lip service to it. Who disagrees that Warren Buffet's secretary shouldn't be paying a higher tax percentage than the Oracle of Omaha? Not very many, that's who. But fixing the problem would remove a great way for the dems to garner their share of the vote. They drive the wedge and use an us vs them approach. Last I checked, we're all in this together. If we can't all get along, the issues facing us will never be solved. Evidenced by our currently dysfunctional congress and political system.

That is what I mean when I say they wage class warfare. And, I don't get that from my party or from Fox or from Rush. That is what I hear when Obama opens his yapper.

Now I agree that the tax loopholes that allow the rich to pay a lower effective rate than the rest of us needs to be fixed. But WTF, quit talking about it and demonizing wealthy people and just fix it. They use it in a manner that divides us, merely paying lip service to it. Who disagrees that Warren Buffet's secretary shouldn't be paying a higher tax percentage than the Oracle of Omaha? Not very many, that's who.

You might want to call up your GOP representatives in Washington. Who disagrees with that? Their actions show that they do.

"Just fix it." How would you accomplish that? After Congress refused to make the changes I'd probably take my case to the American people. That's what President Obama has done. What should he do differently? Keep asking the same people whose stated priority is making sure that he is not re-elected?

I honestly try every election cycle to find what I can vote for in both parties. The fact is, all I ever hear from the Dems is that the federal government is the answer to everything and how we are going to pay for it is to tax those evil rich people and those evil corporations. Now, if that isn't their message, then they really suck at marketing.

you want a real discussion? show me where a single democrat has ever said this. then, maybe you could explain to me the specific ideas and propositions of romney that you support and why. if not, i will just save you some time and check out foxnews.com.