I'm reporting myself as a troll... LOL. I've been on this board a long time and for as many years as I have been on here I should probably have more posts than I do. But I do troll especially after a loss and add my opinion in some threads that I feel the need to. Most of the time I do not post as for the last couple of years I have felt like my opinion about the program is more on the negative but optimistic side. So many of my opinions point out negatives rather than positives. Which sucks but this is the state of our program right now. I think there are many people who come here and post "troll" because they are frustrated as knap said. I think that I am in that category just for the simple reason that if I participate in a thread most of the time it is from a negative standpoint.

For many people on here there is a large frustration because we have all mostly grown up in an era of excellence, which we may never see again. Because of that our expectations are very high as they should be. Some of us have "inside" information and others do not. I have close connections with former coaches and current and former players that I like many others on here (I think) feel because of this knowledge we "see" more or "hear" more of what is going on and for me it seems like the general public of fans are drenched in koolaid and to some seem like "idiots" because they generally just see what the media puts out there which seems to be all rah rah. So we get a combination of "rah rah" and some people who have some knowledge and others who have a ton of knowledge.

Its all up for debate. Obviously these message boards would be nothing without a diverse group of opinion. I think the MODS do a great job of keeping things on as much as an even keel as possible. GBR

Now get back to posting HUMPS!!! :P

I'm reporting myself as a troll... LOL. I've been on this board a long time and for as many years as I have been on here I should probably have more posts than I do. But I do troll especially after a loss and add my opinion in some threads that I feel the need to. Most of the time I do not post as for the last couple of years I have felt like my opinion about the program is more on the negative but optimistic side. So many of my opinions point out negatives rather than positives. Which sucks but this is the state of our program right now. I think there are many people who come here and post "troll" because they are frustrated as knap said. I think that I am in that category just for the simple reason that if I participate in a thread most of the time it is from a negative standpoint.

For many people on here there is a large frustration because we have all mostly grown up in an era of excellence, which we may never see again. Because of that our expectations are very high as they should be. Some of us have "inside" information and others do not. I have close connections with former coaches and current and former players that I like many others on here (I think) feel because of this knowledge we "see" more or "hear" more of what is going on and for me it seems like the general public of fans are drenched in koolaid and to some seem like "idiots" because they generally just see what the media puts out there which seems to be all rah rah. So we get a combination of "rah rah" and some people who have some knowledge and others who have a ton of knowledge.

Its all up for debate. Obviously these message boards would be nothing without a diverse group of opinion. I think the MODS do a great job of keeping things on as much as an even keel as possible. GBR

quit trolling... its not humpday yet lol

I strongly disagree. EVERYDAY is Hump Day.

I strongly disagree. EVERYDAY is Hump Day.

TOUCHE!

Trolling is listed as the first rule, but probably the most-enforced rule here is the "No Personal Attacks" rule. Anyone who's been around here for even a few months should know that's the one that typically gets people in hot water, and act accordingly.

It's the easiest one to detect.

Now this has all blown over, for the time being, but if we lose, I might as well be ahead of the curve. What do you all consider a personal attack?

I mean, it's been somewhat ambiguous...ranging from FO to blatant personal attacks.

Now if I call someone's post absolutely stupid, isn't that kind of insinuating that I think the person posting is stupid for thinking that and isn't that considered a personal attack? I fail to see the difference there.

If it's a shot at a person, it's a personal attack. There's no other purpose it serves. But calling a post stupid doesn't mean you're attacking the poster, particularly if you provide an argument as to WHY it's stupid.

It's not possible to list everything that constitutes a personal attack, but if in doubt, ask yourself if what you're writing addresses the post, or the poster. If the former, fine. If the latter, it doesn't advance the debate - it's just a shot at the member.

A lot of us have gotten upset over things. I have, but only because people are allowed to troll, were not told to desist, and some of us who like being here get pissed about it and go off, we take the hit. If they show up here after a loss, or even a close win, you've got to be kidding me.

I mentioned it before, but mods have to step up the game in combating the jackassery that has plagued our board for the past couple months...

A lot of us have gotten upset over things. I have, but only because people are allowed to troll, were not told to desist, and some of us who like being here get pissed about it and go off, we take the hit. If they show up here after a loss, or even a close win, you've got to be kidding me.

I mentioned it before, but mods have to step up the game in combating the jackassery that has plagued our board for the past couple months...

Count me in the camp that thinks that you are fully capable of not taking things on a messageboard so seriously that you get angry and can't control your emotions.

The problem is that you have zero clue if the Mods are doing something about the issue. Until very recently, we never told the members if someone was being disciplined. It's nobody's business if another member gets a warning or banned. So don't take the fact that we weren't publicizing punishment as inactivity.

The problem arises when you take matters into your own hands. Don't do that and you won't have any trouble. Hit the report button.

I have no problem with the above quoted material. The quote was essentially denouncing the entire thread as being irrelevant i.e. stating that the entire Pelini/Bell "conversation" fails to "advance the topic" That is my opinion on the issue.

Is it okay for me to say this guy should be banned because of his name alone!?