Nebraska opens at 1.5 pt favs. Now up to 3 point favs.

I'm not kidding when I say I'm gonna put down a significant amount of money on Michigan to beat that spread. I honestly figured that Michigan would open up at least a 10 point favorite.

Looks like the easiest money all season.

just like tOSU... i made plenty that game... might wager what i did for that cuz this is either the best bet of the season or i am a sucker..... i might be a sucker... i kinda hope im a sucker lol

I for one at this point do not care about point spreads. My only concern is which Nebraska shows up to play. If they are not flat and limit turnovers 3 points is possible, but i think losing by 3 scores is also a strong possilbity. This team seems lost to me. I hope I am wrong. But I sure hope to beat Michigan, last years game made me sick.

If the game isn't on ABC, then it will be on ESPN 2. The Big 10 TV deal stipulates a reverse mirror for all games, IIRC.

Plus, let's be honest--Nebraska is a better TV draw than Notre Dame, as was proven time and again during the realignment discussions years back. No way the Nebraska/Michigan game won't be available to everyone.

I hate to even type this, but Notre Dame has major national appeal.

#5 ND vs #8 Oklahoma is way more alluring to a network than an unranked Nebraska vs #22 Michigan.

Sucks. But it's true.

Not disagreeing that the ND/OU game is "sexier" than MU/NU.

Just that ratings-wise, when we were being compared to ND before our B1G invite in 2010, the average ratings for Nebraska were better than all but one of ND's games (USC) year in and year out.

Plus, we saw that Nebraska is still a great draw--the NU/tOSU was the highest rated game that day, and it has stiff competition from WV/Texass, among others.

And again, the 2009 Big XII title theft game was the second-highest rated prime time matchup of all time for Disney. Texas already played aTm in prime time earlier that season, and that game didn't do nearly as well.

We may not have the "sexier" matchup, but we still bring eyeballs to the TV sets, along with Meatchicken.

I hate saying Nebraska is not the favorite here. And I am sure I will talk myself into the Huskers winning this thing easily by Friday night, but, keeping the fan hat off for a split second, I say two things...

1. We have no chance to win this ball game.

2. Considering the trends at tOSU and Mich, the biggest question for the Delaney and the Big 10 to deal with is moving the tOSU vs. Michigan game to much earlier in the season, possibly the opener. Because I think we are going to see those two teams battling for the Big 10 title many times in years to come.

We saw what a two week prep period did for our Defense. Not a lot. Contain Denard on the scramble and let him throw mistakes. That's gotta be our hope.

Never used to think "hope" would be in a sentence, when Nebraska played. "When" is the word I remember more, but I sure "hope" your right.

GBR!!!

Considering the trends at tOSU and Mich, the biggest question for the Delaney and the Big 10 to deal with is moving the tOSU vs. Michigan game to much earlier in the season, possibly the opener. Because I think we are going to see those two teams battling for the Big 10 title many times in years to come.

I think Delaney will revisit this in the future, especially if B1G expansion is on the horizon. I don't think the double Michigan/tOSU games are going to materialize, frankly.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Michigan put in the same division as tOSU; having it be a rivalry game *and* potentially deciding a division leader year in and year out is better than what they have now, which is a cross-division rivalry that doesn't carry nearly as much weight.

I for one at this point do not care about point spreads. My only concern is which Nebraska shows up to play. If they are not flat and limit turnovers 3 points is possible, but i think losing by 3 scores is also a strong possilbity. This team seems lost to me. I hope I am wrong. But I sure hope to beat Michigan, last years game made me sick.

Last year's game made me so sick, I threw up twice.....once on purpose! :ahhhhhhhh

The NEB turnovers need to be kept to a minimum in this affair, because if they aren't, I fear the game may get out of hand.