Tim Tebow gets trademark on praying

NUance

Tim Tebow prevails in trademarking 'Tebowing'

www.usatoday.com 9:28PM EDT October 19. 2012

The New York Jets backup quarterback has officially trademarked "Tebowing," the move in which he goes down on one knee and holds a clenched fist against his forehead while praying during games. After Tebow led the Denver Broncos to a series of fourth-quarter comeback victories last season, "Tebowing" swept the country — with actor Robert Downey Jr. even doing it at the Oscars. LINK

Oh great. So now when I pray to God I'm in danger of having Tim Tebow sue me for trademark infringement. :lol:

He has a whole bunch of trademark applications. LINK1, LINK2, LINK3, etc. :facepalm: <<--Oops. Broken links.

/edit: I guess the USPTO site won't let you link to searched documents. Instead you can go to the "trademark search" page from here: LINK Then to the "Basic Word Mark Search (New User)" page. Then type "tebowing" in the search term box. This is a trademark search that pulls up all of Tebow's applications--live and dead--for "Tebowing"