Ok, so, Bret's kicks appeared to have a little more 'POW' to them. I remember commentators remarking about the FG as well as line drive / bullet punts.

Bret was very good last year, doing double duty then, too.

But I don't remember him ever kicking the ball like this before, with more explosiveness and bullet-ness.

Thoughts?

I think his 51-yarder would have been good from 65. He smoked that ball.

Ok, so, Bret's kicks appeared to have a little more 'POW' to them. I remember commentators remarking about the FG as well as line drive / bullet punts.

But I don't remember him ever kicking the ball like this before, with more explosiveness and bullet-ness.

Thoughts?

This. He would have definately made it from 65 on that one. I really hope he is back for good now.

Thoughts?

This. He would have definately made it from 65 on that one. I really hope he is back for good now.

Ya then on the next play he kicked the ball out of bounds so the ball came out to the 30.

Honest question then, is he NOT trying to put kickoffs into the endzone? Seems like he is struggling on kickoffs. Some are caught at the 10.

New touch back rule. If you can directionally kick it and get air underneath it, you give plenty of time for your coverage to stop them deep in their own territory. The rule tried to eliminate more kickoffs and I think it is creating more incentives to make teams return kicks.

Honest question then, is he NOT trying to put kickoffs into the endzone? Seems like he is struggling on kickoffs. Some are caught at the 10.

New touch back rule. If you can directionally kick it and get air underneath it, you give plenty of time for your coverage to stop them deep in their own territory. The rule tried to eliminate more kickoffs and I think it is creating more incentives to make teams return kicks.

But our High school coverage team sucks, so they were still getting it to the 30+ anyway. I just say boom it out if you can. Hell, even the out of bounds kick giving at the 35 wasnt even that big a deal.

But our High school coverage team sucks, so they were still getting it to the 30+ anyway. I just say boom it out if you can. Hell, even the out of bounds kick giving at the 35 wasnt even that big a deal.

That's what I was thinking. Our coverage hasn't been great, I feel like they get beyond the 25 almost all of the time. Just put it in the back of the endzone.

Thoughts?

Ya then on the next play he kicked the ball out of bounds so the ball came out to the 30.

Yeah, that was a directional kick and was real close to being in the endzone as it went out right in front of where I was sitting. The kick was supposed to be high and to the corner and hopefully drop at about the five or so to try and pin them deep. Tha's the risk you take especially when kicking with the wind.