Remaining Games

EZ-E

Here we are. Truely, the hardest part of Bo's "6 and 0" comment out of the way. Can we really do it? Here is my take:

Michigan State

Truely, the same gameplan we used in the 2nd half last night works here. Get pressure and our DBs can do the rest. While it wont be easy, I like us to win this game 31 to 10.

Penn State

Something that people are going to have to understand about us playing them: with their type of offense with the four yard pass plays; they will gain a lot of passing yards on us because we play a Tampa Two. So expect our play to drastically improve defensive wise once they get into our territory. Huskers take care of the ball, play clean special teams winning this one 35 to 20.

Minnesota

Gray was just moved to WR and they are going with a True Frosh as QB, game at home, see above on Michigan State for the formula, Huskers win 42 to 10.

Iowa

Probably a toss up between them and Minnesota to see who is the least athletic team left. If we prevent a quick start, we will be able to get pressure with our front four, Huskers out athlete the Hawkeyes to win this one 38 to 17.

Yes. That is right we have a good chance to win the conference this year. Dont book your Indy tickets just yet folks! But if we get passed Penn State at home, I would be so inclined to do so. :)

• Fire 1

Here we are. Truely, the hardest part of Bo's "6 and 0" comment out of the way. Can we really do it? Here is my take:

Michigan State

Truely, the same gameplan we used in the 2nd half last night works here. Get pressure and our DBs can do the rest. While it wont be easy, I like us to win this game 31 to 10.

Penn State

Something that people are going to have to understand about us playing them: with their type of offense with the four yard pass plays; they will gain a lot of passing yards on us because we play a Tampa Two. So expect our play to drastically improve defensive wise once they get into our territory. Huskers take care of the ball, play clean special teams winning this one 35 to 20.

Minnesota

Gray was just moved to WR and they are going with a True Frosh as QB, game at home, see above on Michigan State for the formula, Huskers win 42 to 10.

Iowa

Probably a toss up between them and Minnesota to see who is the least athletic team left. If we prevent a quick start, we will be able to get pressure with our front four, Huskers out athlete the Hawkeyes to win this one 38 to 17.

Yes. That is right we have a good chance to win the conference this year. Dont book your Indy tickets just yet folks! But if we get passed Penn State at home, I would be so inclined to do so. :)

Interesting predictions.

I'm curious, you said we play a Tampa 2. What is that mean? Two safties?

Michigan State

Penn State

Minnesota

Iowa

Interesting predictions.

I'm curious, you said we play a Tampa 2. What is that mean? Two safties?

Yeah, Tampa 2 is the same thing as the Cover 2 everyone uses in the pros. 2 deep safeties.

It is so named because our own Monte Kiffin devised the defense during his time in Tampa Bay.

Close. Tampa 2 is a two deep safety look with the safeties playing the deep thirds around the hashes. The middle linebacker drops back another 10 yards or so to cover the deep middle third.

Exactly. That is why you see teams put up a ton of yards on us but no points. That is my prediction for Penn State. They will put up yards on us through the air, but not points. They like to throw those really short passes and wait for an opportunity to go up top.

2 down 4 to go. We can't afford to look ahead any further than Michigan State. We've been known to lose the next game after a big win (ala Northwestern last year). While it's nice to look ahead, we just can't. Back in the day we could because the Huskers were so consistent but we can't anymore. We never know which team is going to show up. It would be nice if for just one game our great defensive team and our great offensive team showed up. But the way it's been we have one or the other show up.

With Michigan out of the way, and some momentum behind the Huskers, I think this team could win the next four and get to Indy. Provided we don't shoot ourselves in the foot a ton of times, Nebraska will be the Big 10 Champs. Rose Bowl could be a win too, but that depends on Oregon making it to the BSC title game. If they don't, we might wish we could give that Big 10 trophy back and head for the Capitol One Bowl.

Close. Tampa 2 is a two deep safety look with the safeties playing the deep thirds around the hashes. The middle linebacker drops back another 10 yards or so to cover the deep middle third.

Exactly. That is why you see teams put up a ton of yards on us but no points. That is my prediction for Penn State. They will put up yards on us through the air, but not points. They like to throw those really short passes and wait for an opportunity to go up top.

Not sure I would call NU a true Tampa 2. It is similar in that NU plays a lot of 2 deep safties, but the corners do not play zone they play man and you rarely see the MLB covering the deep third like a Brian Urlacher will. The "bend but dont break" result is the same, not quite the traditional Tampa 2.