Libya Thread Part Deux

You shouldn't have to ask for sources. Sheesh.

Coming from a guy who posted a thread of two hats and that's it. good call.

So, in THAT thread we need sources - because hats are important.

In THIS thread we just post "what we heard," and that's OK. Because accusing a president of bungling something that's 15 levels below his job description is, apparently, a minor thing.

Now the death of an Ambassador is below the President. An attack on our embassy and on American soil are below the President. Gotcha.

You are the one calling for sources on this thread. Most of the people either stated it was rumors, or provided pretty much common knowledge information. If you were unclear about statements being factual, ask for it. I think everyone should provide information if asked. You are the one who scuffed about the hat thread and now expect people to post detailed links and information without being asked.

You are the one who scuffed about the hat thread and now expect people to post detailed links and information without being asked.

This thread is the reason I posted the hat thread. I said as much several times in the hat thread. Follow along.

I'm finally catching up...but too late and no longer interested...

You're a complicated guy Knapplc.

Why a lot of people think its a cover up.....because it has been almost 2 months with almost no answers. And there has been plenty of information that has came out that is less than stellar about the administrations response before and during the attack.

And good to see you back Carl, glad your done your case. Its been boring here.

Today's new information:

The official says there was "no second guessing" of those on the ground in Libya by senior officials either in Libya or Washington.

"There were no orders to anybody to stand down in providing support," said the official. The official's comments appeared to be a direct rebuttal of a Fox News report that CIA teams on the ground had been told by superior officers to "stand down" from providing security support to the consulate.

LINK

Today's new information:

The official says there was "no second guessing" of those on the ground in Libya by senior officials either in Libya or Washington.

"There were no orders to anybody to stand down in providing support," said the official. The official's comments appeared to be a direct rebuttal of a Fox News report that CIA teams on the ground had been told by superior officers to "stand down" from providing security support to the consulate.

LINK

Unnamed senior official....are just as trustworthy as foxnews's people. A basic "he said she said" situation. If Obama or someone in his administration puts it on record with his/her name and title, then I will believe it.

Jimmy Carter last ran for president 33 years ago. 1992 was 20 years ago. Having worked for Fox News for the last several years as a pet "Democrat" kills any credibility Caddell has. He can register Democrat all he wants, but he's a DINO. No amount of wrangling changes that.

You think I change the story? You think I vilify? Do you even listen to Romney and his etch-a-sketch, 47% campaign? Take off the blinders, man.

EDIT - still waiting on any kind of link or credible source for any of the allegations in the first few posts in this thread. Lots of "I heard" without facts. It's shameful the way the Republicans have latched on to this tragedy for political gain.

Hey Knapp,

You have got to be kidding me. I am sick of your self righteous crusade about the R's and "their" politics over this matter. Fact, the worst enemy action on a US Consulate since 1979. The FACT that there were numerous cables from the Consulate, through the proper chain of command that they were in an indefensible position. Plans were actually made to move the Consulate to the CIA annex. All other foreign entities save the US pulled out of Benghazi for Tripoli or out all together. Precursors to the attack occurred prior to 9/11. Numerous terrorists training camps in Benghazi (10 IIRC) and we had no extra security in place on 9/11. So little that at least 3 Americans disobeyed orders and went to rescue (tried) the Ambassador and others.

4 US citizens died in that attack. This administration has done nothing. The media has covered nothing. This happens on a Republicans watch, he would be impeached. This shi$ pisses me off to no end that people think this is politically motivated. We got hit and hard, Americans died and this admn could give 2 sh$TS!

You want facts, I know it will make you go blind to look, but check out Drudge. The other fair and impartial new wires refuse to carry it. The below are conservative sites, can't find any on the fair news networks. Can't believe that educated Americans except the lack of coverage and non-chalant coverage by the main stream media and even this administration.

http://www.foxnews.c...red-suspending/

http://news.yahoo.co...-070000701.html

http://www.breitbart...-About-Benghazi

http://theamericante...lp-in-benghazi/ (biased)

http://www.inquisitr...k-in-real-time/ (more historical background on state of affairs)

For the record, if this was a republican administration with the same crappy response, I would be just as pissed. This is bigger than politics or parties.

I guess I don't get, how the powers that be, decided that an ambassador isn't worthy of having a few Marines around? What the f*ck is that about?

I thought Marines guarding embassy's was SOP.

me too...

oh, and one other thing, f*ck Hillary being the "good soldier" and taking the hit for the administration. Hell her f*cka$$ dipsh*t husband still hasn't owned up for Khobar Towers, the USS Cole, or not letting our guys get some payback in Mogadishu...

Edited by walksalone