Anyone suffer from these? I've had a headache for about a week that starts in the top of my head, radiates down the back of my head and it feels like my neck is where the problem is coming from. I went to the chiropractor yesterday to see if my neck was out of place. Got a few cracks, but not like I normally do, I go monthly to the chiro by the way, and the pain didn't go away like it normally does if it's a problem with my neck. The pain goes away with ibuprofen so I can't imagine it's something really serious cause I doubt ibuprofen would make it go away. I looked up different headache symptoms and this one seems to fit the bill. Really don't want to go to the doctor so they say, "yep, that's what you have, take some Advil and deal with it!" Waste of money...........

Yes. Mine start at the base of neck and work up from there. If I catch it early enough I stop it with Advil. If it makes it passed the middle of my neck...I'm in for a miserable day.

Also, mine go in cycles. Usually about once a month but, it last for about week every time.

My mom's a nurse and she brought up going to get a massage. Never been big into massages and don't know if I'd dig that.

Tell your wife she has to. Doctors orders

Well, she gave me a massage last night, not like that. She helped the pain some by concentrating on my upper back, shoulder, neck and scalp. I tried to tell her the pain started in my upper thighs, but she knows me too well. :lol:

Anyone suffer from these? I've had a headache for about a week that starts in the top of my head, radiates down the back of my head and it feels like my neck is where the problem is coming from. I went to the chiropractor yesterday to see if my neck was out of place. Got a few cracks, but not like I normally do, I go monthly to the chiro by the way, and the pain didn't go away like it normally does if it's a problem with my neck. The pain goes away with ibuprofen so I can't imagine it's something really serious cause I doubt ibuprofen would make it go away. I looked up different headache symptoms and this one seems to fit the bill. Really don't want to go to the doctor so they say, "yep, that's what you have, take some Advil and deal with it!" Waste of money...........

Do you work out heavily, and often? My buddies Fiance has headaches like this and she was told its tension being put on her neck, and it cased from heavy exercise. She was told to stop working out until the headaches stopped. She let up for about a week, and it got better, once she stated again, it got worse. She just has to lay off for about two weeks and it's gone...

I knew that this team was stressful to watch, but man. Now they're giving our mods actual medical problems...

Do you work out heavily, and often? My buddies Fiance has headaches like this and she was told its tension being put on her neck, and it cased from heavy exercise. She was told to stop working out until the headaches stopped. She let up for about a week, and it got better, once she stated again, it got worse. She just has to lay off for about two weeks and it's gone...

Yeah, I actually work out twice a day. Do heavy weights between 10:30 and 11:30, and then do a cardio workout program from 11:45 to 12:45. I feel a little better today, woke up with it just being a dull headache and still took two Advil and it's been gone since I did that at about 8:30 this morning. I've been stretching my neck all day and last night I took some stronger pain meds so I could sleep that I still had from a partially torn tricep tendon I had last fall.

Went to the doctor this past Friday, BP was 120 over 70 so that's fine. The doctor agreed that he didn't think it was something serious since ibuprofen takes it away fairly easily. He ran me through some motor skills tests to make sure there were no problems there and I did fine. I don't have any blurry vision or hearing loss, unless my wife asks me to do something for her. He gave me several neck stretches that I need to do daily and popped my C1 back into place at the base of my skull, apparently it had popped back out in just a week from when I went to the chiropractor. I just had a full physical the first week of October and everything was great and normal or below normal as far as cholesterol and all that goes. He wants me to do these stretches for a week or two, along with taking the ibuprofen and if it doesn't go away he'll send me in for a CT scan. Still hurts the same today and I've been doing the stretches going on 4 days now. He said I had a "thick neck" so if I have a muscle injury it could be fairly deep and he couldn't tell from the physical examination he did on my neck. Sigh.................this getting older stuff is fun and I'm only 32! Good news is my strength is getting better in the gym, but I've noticed I have to put in A LOT more work to push myself and get stronger, or at least if feels that way.

Went to the doctor this past Friday, BP was 120 over 70 so that's fine. The doctor agreed that he didn't think it was something serious since ibuprofen takes it away fairly easily. He ran me through some motor skills tests to make sure there were no problems there and I did fine. I don't have any blurry vision or hearing loss, unless my wife asks me to do something for her. He gave me several neck stretches that I need to do daily and popped my C1 back into place at the base of my skull, apparently it had popped back out in just a week from when I went to the chiropractor. I just had a full physical the first week of October and everything was great and normal or below normal as far as cholesterol and all that goes. He wants me to do these stretches for a week or two, along with taking the ibuprofen and if it doesn't go away he'll send me in for a CT scan. Still hurts the same today and I've been doing the stretches going on 4 days now. He said I had a "thick neck" so if I have a muscle injury it could be fairly deep and he couldn't tell from the physical examination he did on my neck. Sigh.................this getting older stuff is fun and I'm only 32! Good news is my strength is getting better in the gym, but I've noticed I have to put in A LOT more work to push myself and get stronger, or at least if feels that way.

I had some recent headaches on the side of my head, in addition to the typical tension headaches that I get that start at my neck and travel upward. I fought the CT scan thing but lost. If possible get an MRI because CT scans expose you to a lot of radiation and MRI has no ionizing radiation involved. They always push the CT scans because they are quicker and they are cheaper (insurance companies can be a pain sometimes). If you don't want to worry about getting cancer in 2-10 year (Leukemia) or other types of cancers in 15 - 25 years (Thyroid, lung, stomach, etc.) that's what I would do. Granted, the risk is low, but of all the things in life that scare me, cancer is tops on the list. Odds are if your headache is on both sides you're probably fine. If you're older the CT scan thing is less of a risk than if you're in your twenties.

You know, it's not uncommon for those who don't have regular bowl movements to suffer tension headaches. In other words, if you're one of those people who's full of sh#t...

Hehehehehe...