Game Day (exhibition) vs Midland!

Miles says he's never gotten booed in the first game..in which they won...

We will have to approach the season with some humor and I hope folks keep in mind that the real thing starts next year. Best thing to get this year is to get the current team to learn the offensive system so they can help teach the new kids next year and for the redshirters to get up to speed.

Are we winning?

cmon hasp this isnt B1G play, its midland, even if we suck, thats like asking if the sky is blue

The game was ALOT closer than the score indicated. This is going to be a very long season, especially without Biggs. He was key tonight. I think the biggest guy Midland had on the floor was 6'6, and we couldn't get scores in the paint with Almeida AND Ubel in at the same time. I'm hoping we come around.

Miles says he's never gotten booed in the first game..in which they won...

We will have to approach the season with some humor and I hope folks keep in mind that the real thing starts next year. Best thing to get this year is to get the current team to learn the offensive system so they can help teach the new kids next year and for the redshirters to get up to speed.

Supposedly the fans booed becaues they didn't get free runzas, and Miles jokingly put his fingers in his ears.

He also tweeted at halftime that the team has a long ways to go.

We all know it's going to be a tough year...........that's a given.

Still, the first quarter last night had me wondering if we would go winless in Conference this year. Then a little rally late in first half and more effort in the second made some difference.

This team will have to take more than baby steps to compete but hopefully the non-con schedule will allow for an upward trajectory. Because really, having the size we had last night and a scrappy bunch of NAIA ballers getting inside for offensive boards ?? (that was shuddering)

Hopefully, Sunday will show renewed focus on some areas.

Miles said after the game the team was still struggling with the offense. Looked to me like they were struggling with where the shots come from, thought we settled for the 3 to often. Defensively we were getting beat like a drum off the dribble, I hope we can shore that up. It will be a long difficult year but the 3 redshirts waiting in the wings for next season will be worth the wait.