Matt McGloin doesn't know Husker Fans very well

knapplc

During the game, PSU's QB and their head coach at one point appeared to be complaining to the officials about the noise level. They appeared to want a penalty called on us.

Did I see that right and what is the rule on this? I have never seen a flag thrown because of crowd noise but it appeared to be something that he and the coach obviously talked about before the game to try to get done.

I hope the crowd got 10 times louder when they tried this.

You can't get penalized at least in the B1G for noise. Even if it visibly mentally disturbs your QB,

During the game, PSU's QB and their head coach at one point appeared to be complaining to the officials about the noise level. They appeared to want a penalty called on us.

Did I see that right and what is the rule on this? I have never seen a flag thrown because of crowd noise but it appeared to be something that he and the coach obviously talked about before the game to try to get done.

You can't get penalized at least in the B1G for noise. Even if it visibly mentally disturbs your QB,

Even if their frickin heads explode?

They got pretty unlucky with that, that shouldn't have been a noise penalty. From what I've read in the B1G online rulebook, 5 yard noise penalties only get called when the crowd exceeds 115 dB. I would guess it was no more than 22 dB at that point, nowhere near the threshold for a flag.

They got pretty unlucky with that, that shouldn't have been a noise penalty. From what I've read in the B1G online rulebook, 5 yard noise penalties only get called when the crowd exceeds 115 dB. I would guess it was no more than 22 dB at that point, nowhere near the threshold for a flag.

22dB? Is that a typo? The noise level of a whisper in a quiet library is 30dB. LINK

:lol:

Even if their frickin heads explode?

They give you 5 points if the head explodes. 20 if it explodes the helmet with it.

By they way Iowa coach Hayden Fry actually said his QB became mentally disturbed in the 1985 game against Ohio State :lol:

Except when they stop the game because the B0G team feel nervous. http://www.youtubeloop.com/v/23vMunem6nw