Matt McGloin doesn't know Husker Fans very well

knapplc

Memorial isnt that loud, sorry.

Lol, I specifically remember being at the Mizzou game two years ago, and that game was deafening, same with that Washington game last year. There are many Sports Enthusiasts, that aren't Husker fans, who would disagree with you. Ask Jake Locker if Memorial Stadium is loud...

How about this year's Wisconsin game?

Look, if you sit in East and West stadium the stadium can seem downright quiet. I've been there. I've been told to sit down. But, acoustics being what they are, it can seem quiet.

Now, South and North stadium -- that is a different story. It remains consistently loud in both ends throughout the game.

Hears hoping the East stadium expansion keeps some of the noise from North and South stadiums focused on the field.

• Fire 1

Look, if you sit in East and West stadium the stadium can seem downright quiet. I've been there. I've been told to sit down. But, acoustics being what they are, it can seem quiet.

Now, South and North stadium -- that is a different story. It remains consistently loud in both ends throughout the game.

Hears hoping the East stadium expansion keeps some of the noise from North and South stadiums focused on the field.

When I get tickets, I try to get them in the South EndZone. Might not be the BEST view, but the atmosphere is wonderful, and its extremely loud. I sat in the East side, underneath the awning deal, mostly because I knew it was going to rain, and it was still decently loud. Quieter group around me than I was use to, but wasn't quiet by any means.

Well, my brother was tOSU last year and he said it was pretty damn loud.

Exactly. I don't care what point anyone is trying to make. I was at that game. It got quiet when the teams left the field - 30 minutes after the game was over. During the game, it was loud, whether we were up, down, or killing Bauserman.

This notion that it was "quiet" during that game is balderdash. But thanks for the contribution to the boards. ;)

I don't think it's a notion, insomuch it's an attempt at Reverse Psychology to get the Blue Hairs actually get up off their asses and cheer for the full 60 minutes. :)

And on a related note, we *really* need to move the student section closer to the visitor sideline or end zone(s).

Lol, I specifically remember being at the Mizzou game two years ago, and that game was deafening, same with that Washington game last year. There are many Sports Enthusiasts, that aren't Husker fans, who would disagree with you. Ask Jake Locker if Memorial Stadium is loud...

Just because we beat a team doesn't mean the crowd is deafening. Wisconsin was the best this year. But it was still somewhat lackluster. Ohio St last year trumped it by a long shot.

Just because we beat a team doesn't mean the crowd is deafening. Wisconsin was the best this year. But it was still somewhat lackluster. Ohio St last year trumped it by a long shot.

Where did I say anything about the crowd being deafening because we beat them? They were loud throughout the whole game. I just stated those two games were LOUD. That Mizzou game was deafening. Washington was loud for a non conference game.

I have been fortunate enough to have been able to attend many of the "big games" over the last couple of decades. OU in 91 and 93. Colorado 94. KState 99. OU 01. Not much in the Callahan era. OU 09. And most to all Big10 games over last couple years. Here's my two cents. Overall, to me anyway, I have not witnessed a crowd close to the noise level and ruthlessness to those of the early 90's with the exception of Wisconsin this year. I believe that to be a result of the east stadium addition and the accustics that come along with that. Those games in the early 90's were deafening. It has the moments, but overall, it has quieted a tad over the years. OU 09 was pretty loud. Nothing as far as I've attended will compare to 94 Colorado and 91 Oklahoma. ( I've heard 92 Colorado may be the loudest ever. OU 01 was very loud as well.

But to say "memorial stadium isnt loud" is a bit misleading, which is what really stemmed the disagreement. Memorial Stadium IS loud. It's just not that way all of, or even most of, the time. We are also a very intelligent crowd. That's something always mentioned by tv analysts. We are very situational. We understand critical moments in games and know when to get very loud. We can go from lazy to loud in a matter of a play.

I've been to a number of Chiefs games that are louder than the loudest I've heard NU (but certainly not this year)...however as others mentioned - I almost always sit in east stadium so that's not a good gauge of the crowd noise. I do think the "production" crew at the Chiefs is far better at keeping the fans interacting w/ the game throughout the entire 4 quarters than the Huskers - so when it's time to cheer...you're engaged. And as a Husker fan, many are concentrating on the game itself - not the environment around them. I get lost in it sometimes myself.

I've been to a number of Chiefs games that are louder than the loudest I've heard NU (but certainly not this year)...however as others mentioned - I almost always sit in east stadium so that's not a good gauge of the crowd noise. I do think the "production" crew at the Chiefs is far better at keeping the fans interacting w/ the game throughout the entire 4 quarters than the Huskers - so when it's time to cheer...you're engaged. And as a Husker fan, many are concentrating on the game itself - not the environment around them. I get lost in it sometimes myself.

I've been to a couple Broncos games there. Was at the Halloween shootout with Manning and the Colts in '04. We always get seat in the lower 20 rows. That place has no comparison. Between the construction and the rowdiness of the fans, and the banging on the plastic chairs by 75,000 people, you cannot talk to the person next to you by screaming in their ear

Vintage Arrowhead noise moment. 2005 against the Broncos. Denver with the ball late, 3rd down, Chiefs ahead by a score. It is so loud that jake Plummer cannot even hear the play call through the radio in his helmet. He has to call timeout to go get the play directly from the coach. That was the loudest moment I have experienced there. It was literally shaking to beat hell. We thought the place was coming down.

Where did I say anything about the crowd being deafening because we beat them? They were loud throughout the whole game. I just stated those two games were LOUD. That Mizzou game was deafening. Washington was loud for a non conference game.

I'm not sure when the last time you went to a game was, but it has been quite awhile since the last time that crowd stayed loud for 4 quarters. Like accountability said, Memorial is a very situational crowd.

We are also a very intelligent crowd. That's something always mentioned by tv analysts. We are very situational. We understand critical moments in games and know when to get very loud. We can go from lazy to loud in a matter of a play.

And as a Husker fan, many are concentrating on the game itself - not the environment around them. I get lost in it sometimes myself.

Couldn't have been said better you two! You don't know how loud the stadium truly gets, unless your in the in the North/South endzones. I assume the North is loud, but I always get South endzone tickets lol.

Lyons, the last game I attended, where the crowd was loud through all 4 quarters, was the Mizzou game.