Matt McGloin doesn't know Husker Fans very well

knapplc

During the game, PSU's QB and their head coach at one point appeared to be complaining to the officials about the noise level. They appeared to want a penalty called on us.

Did I see that right and what is the rule on this? I have never seen a flag thrown because of crowd noise but it appeared to be something that he and the coach obviously talked about before the game to try to get done.

I hope the crowd got 10 times louder when they tried this.

During the game, PSU's QB and their head coach at one point appeared to be complaining to the officials about the noise level. They appeared to want a penalty called on us.

Did I see that right and what is the rule on this? I have never seen a flag thrown because of crowd noise but it appeared to be something that he and the coach obviously talked about before the game to try to get done.

I hope the crowd got 10 times louder when they tried this.

No

There is a procedure and yes I have seen them take time outs away in the past (80's), nothing recent, but it appeared by his actions, he was asking about the clock not being reset. I too thought he was complaining about noise, but he raised both arms in a pushing motion much like the ref's do to reset the clock. Now, maybe it was noise and he was too, well, lets just say if you don't get the call right away, by indicating you can't hear, why do you walk away from the line and take that penalty or have your coach burn a time out.

I can't remember if it was in past games in the 80s against Oklahoma, or one in the 90s against Colorado, but I remember a head coach trying to get the Refs to ask Memorial Stadium to please be quiet.

It's in here somewhere. Gundy, the OU qb walks away from center to the officials asking for more quiet. The ref asks of it through his mic. and then the commentators show a graphic explaining the procedures of crowd noise issues.

If you can tell, it didnt quiet down but for maybe that one play.

What exactly do the "it's too quiet" crowd want? It's loud in there. I leave these games with tinitis all the time.

If it's too quiet and you're there, make more noise. If you're watching on TV stop griping because you don't know what's going on there.

We're not Autzen and we're never going to be. Get over it.

What exactly do the "it's too quiet" crowd want? It's loud in there. I leave these games with tinitis all the time.

If it's too quiet and you're there, make more noise. If you're watching on TV stop griping because you don't know what's going on there.

I'm just curious what make Autzen so loud. Dont they have just a fraction or our attendance #'s? I know there' more to it than that, which is why this is a seroius question. Just wondering if anyone knows.

I'm just curious what make Autzen so loud. Dont they have just a fraction or our attendance #'s? I know there' more to it than that, which is why this is a seroius question. Just wondering if anyone knows.

The design of the stadium intentionally focuses the sound down to the field - accoustics

Acoustics is right--the one thing I dislike about Memorial stadium is the pseudo-bowl shape that lets noise escape. A true, sealed in bowl would reverberate crowd noise a lot better

Also steepness. Memorial Stadiums structures-mainly North and South stadiums-are just not as steep as most. When you sit in higher rows there, you feel farther away as opposed to feeling like your sitting above the field.