Stafford Bo Exchange

mwj98

If Bo smacked a kid I have a feeling that 75% of this board would support it.

I bet you're wrong.

But I bet that 75% of this board knows that Bo doesn't constantly put his team down. Bo believes it's ok to raise your voice, but you should always be coaching letting them know what they did wrong and how to fix it. He isn't just yelling to be a prick or pick on guys, there's always a reason.

I bet you're wrong.

But I bet that 75% of this board knows that Bo doesn't constantly put his team down. Bo believes it's ok to raise your voice, but you should always be coaching letting them know what they did wrong and how to fix it. He isn't just yelling to be a prick or pick on guys, there's always a reason.

This is where our opinions differ.

I bet you're wrong.

And that's where you demonstrate that you have no idea what the heck you're talking about.

• Fire 2

I bet you're wrong.

And that's where you demonstrate that you have no idea what the heck you're talking about.

You're right. Bo is absolutely perfect in every way and I was wrong for questioning the way he criticizes his players. My apologies.

I bet you're wrong.

You're right. Bo is absolutely perfect in every way and I was wrong for questioning the way he criticizes his players. My apologies.

Who said Bo is perfect, I think everyone here and Bo himself would be the first to say he is far from perfect. But to say a coach is constantly demeaning his players because he is yelling at them is just foolish.

Maybe he should tell them they are winners in his book no matter what the score is, he can take the team out for pizza after they loose, and everyone can have a trophy at the end of the year even if we are below .500, how 'bout that my man?

• Fire 1

Nobody has made that claim to my knowledge, and certainly not me. All that's being said is that this isn't some indication of major problems or an out of control coach as you seem to be asserting (with precious little to back it up).

Nobody has made that claim to my knowledge, and certainly not me. All that's being said is that this isn't some indication of major problems or an out of control coach as you seem to be asserting (with precious little to back it up).

Not major problems, but I do think he can and should dish out criticism in a different manner. Osborne coached his players just as much but didn't have to drop f-bombs and insult his players in order to get his point across.

Not major problems, but I do think he can and should dish out criticism in a different manner. Osborne coached his players just as much but didn't have to drop f-bombs and insult his players in order to get his point across.

I hear this said fairly often, and the people saying this usually don't remember (or just weren't around) the fact that while Osborne didn't do it, he had plenty of assistant coaches more than willing to do it for him. It's a different coaching style - not rare by any stretch of the imagination, just different. I also take exception to the notion that Bo insults his players. There's a world of difference between tearing into someone's ass and insulting them. You seem to think the two go hand in hand, and they just don't.

• Fire 2

The "derp"...I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

But really, football is an emotional game. Tempers flare, and we were getting pushed around by a team that shouldn't have been pushing us around like they were. In the heat of the moment, the "we need to win out" pressure only intensifies an already intense pressure cooker that is Nebraska football.

Stafford wasn't playing well up to that point; and you also have to look at the plays before that incident to understand why things happen the way they did. You need to have context of the situation to understand if what happened was normal or not. If we were winning and Stafford made one bad play and Bo chewed him out for it, chances are a lot of people wouldn't be supporting his [bo's] actions. But this happened after a series of poor play by Stafford (and our team in general) so it is way more understandable that this heated exchange took place.

Bo's an emotional guy. Stafford is an emotional player. Football is an emotional game. We were in a tough situation. We were playing bad. Things like this happen.

But this would only be concerning if it boils over to the next half, or next game. Stafford was light's out in the second half with an INT and a fumble recovery in the end zone on the controversial call. The more important exchange between Bo and Damion isn't the first one, but how Bo interacted with Stafford after he made those plays and how Stafford responded to Bo.

Bo will run through walls for these players. These players will run through a wall for Bo. Whatever he's selling, they're buying. Why should we be concerned? It's an absolute non-issue.

Osborne let his coaches coach, Charlie McBride was a pretty colorful guy wasn't he?

Osborne let his coaches coach, Charlie McBride was a pretty colorful guy wasn't he?

You see, but it's okay because he is only a coordinator.

:sarcasm: