Stafford Bo Exchange

mwj98

I mentioned this same thing a few weeks ago after the Northwestern game when Antonio Bell got into it with Pelini. All the delusional fans said Pelini had the moral high ground and Bell was worthless, never contributed and blah, blah, blah. We saw it a few years ago at Texas A&M with Martinez. Now today it happens again with Stafford and it was even uglier. I guarantee you many players on this team have no love or respect for Pelini.

There is a cancer forming on this football program and it's Bo Pelini. You can ignore it, pretend it's all the players fault, or say it was the heat of the moment, but it's not working with this team. NU has been extremely fortunate over the last three weeks, that it's masked the problems we have internally. If we had lost all of the games over the last three weeks, we'd be discussing Pelini's buyout, and most of you know it's the truth.

Unfortunately I agree.

We've been embarrassing for at least 75% of the last 3 weeks. Coaches have literally made some ridiculous coaching decisions and players have done some really stupid things. I think I can probably get over all that and move on...except...we add on top of all that several player/coach exchanges on national tv. The exchanges are more than "just football" like so many of the embarrassed fans try to say. It's a sign of lack of respect on both sides and it will undoubtedly came back to bite us. The exchange today with stafford and pelini was completely over the top. And for the poster who said it wasn't a big deal because he was in the game a minute later...well I say that's the biggest deal of all. Our big disciplinarian of a coach let one of his players put his finger in his face and f bomb him back and forth and then threw him back on the field To the person who said Saban was going crazy too, show me a clip where his players disrespects him and then goes in the next minute. Saban might have had stafford by the throat.

It's embarrassing and it isn't "normal football".

This couldn't be any further from the truth. Bo has said numerous times that this team is like a family. I'm sure all of us understand that families have heated arguments at times, and we all forgive each other and move on. That's what happened here. If it were something more, Stafford would have either been benched for running his mouth, or he would have tanked and played like crap the rest of the game. As you saw in the second half, that isn't what happened. He came back and played as good as I have seen him play all year.

These things happen EVERY SATURDAY on MANY MANY teams. Tuberville hit the headphones off an assistant today.. i don't even want to think what these boards would degenerate to if Bo did that.

So, last week we complain about the OC that has us in the top 10 on most offensive stats, this week a sideline skirmish ruins this win for many fans. Maybe we should just fire Bo and bring Tom back? Is that the only way to make you happy?

(There are issues to discuss about this game, but the sideline skirmish is the most ridiculous one).

It's one of many. That's the problem.

Just to get this straight, if we win out and prior to bowl are 11-2 (which is a very real possibility at this point), this year was a failure because we didn't dominate in every win and Bo didn't satisfy an unreal expectation on sideline demeanor?

I don't think that is what any of us are saying. I'd love an 11-2 season. However I am not going to let that mask what we know is a problem, and that is discipline. Continuing with the status quo will not get us to the next level, luck will run out.

I don't see the connection between Bo's behavior and the teams undisciplined nature. It is bizarre to say the least.. clearly this team holds itself accountable for the mistakes: just look at Eric Martin's reaction after getting that boneheaded facemask penalty. They are all trying to play well for each other, but I do agree that week after week shows it is a problem. I really don't now how you fix something like putting Marlowe in because he has always been your sure hand at fielding punts and watch him drop one (I find it hard to believe that the shoulder issues caused the drop).

Good point on Martin. That guy felt horrible And I loved how emotional he got. That guy is old school husker

Its not that our defense sucks......because we don't. We can't get the right personnel in there and we are busting coverages. Its too far in the season for that. That's on the staff.

your right. it is on the staff. when it takes you as long as we do too communicate and get in position it tells me our opponents have learned how bo's D operates before the offensive snap. they know they can confuse us and rush us, thus the big plays.

I don't think this is too major of a fix but it has persisted this late into the year is a cause for concern

All I know is this. IF the select few, as in 3, of you in this thread with the obvious agenda against Bo Pelini regardless of reason over and over again were in charge, we would go through so much coaching turnover that we'd never be able to right the ship. Team with problems between coaches and players do not find ways to win game time and time again when being in the situations we've been in. Bo admitted post game he was wrong. Stafford made some man plays in the second half. Whatever. You guys are 70 year old grumps off your rocker, still upset because Tom Osborne left us to go to DC and run for governor. You wont ever be happy until TO is back on the sideline and we're winnin 56-7 every week. New for you-that will be YOUR downfall.

this crap gets old week in. week out. get over it. get over yourselves. you can speculate all you want about "if we lose those three games we're talking buyout" bla bla bla. Fact is we WON those games, and now we're talkin conference championship and possible BCS bowl. This is the flip flop life of many college football programs today.

Personally, what I think it is, is that youre so upset at the fact that it's becoming obvious that your preconceived opinions of Pelini were wrong, that now youre nitpicking EVERY SINGLE INCIDENT that most see as not a big deal in an effort to spin your agenda into a "I was right all along" deal.

• Fire 6

I think Bo has control of his team on some level, but they do play reckless and with a lot of passion and you see that show up in penalties on the field. You get the good with the bad with this team right now, but we are winning games somehow so things are working on some level. Now I can say without issue if I was a member of that football team..............and I seen one of my fellow players do that to a coach.................we'd have a discussion in the locker room after the game. That's completely uncalled for and will NOT be tolerated. You want to act like that pack your stuff and get out, we don't need you. Whether you are wrong or right you are wrong on the football field and discussing it like that during a close game isn't necessary. Shut your mouth, do what you're told, or get the hell out!

From reading the posts, it's obvious the fan base will continue to ignore exchanges like this as long as we continue to win. I promise you, that incidents like this will eventually will be Pelini's downfall. It's only a matter of time.

Huskerboard and the fan base are not the same thing. Go check out the Rivals free board and come back telling me that you think the fan base is ignoring this exchange.

You mean... Husker Board?

Anyone remember a certain exchange last year between a one Tom Brady and a coach that was on Tom Osborne Field today? Pretty sure they had to be restrained, and we're talking about a player point his finger at his coach and giving him criticism why?

Tom Brady didn't need restrained. O'Brien threw a hissy fit and Brady just sat there like a boss.

Brady had just thrown a pick in the end zone.

Yeah, tempers flare. Good for Stafford for being as passionate as he was, really. Again, it shows that the coach is being listened to, not ignored and blown off as some kind of raving lunatic.