Stafford Bo Exchange

mwj98

Anyone remember a certain exchange last year between a one Tom Brady and a coach that was on Tom Osborne Field today? Pretty sure they had to be restrained, and we're talking about a player point his finger at his coach and giving him criticism why?

Tom Brady didn't need restrained. O'Brien threw a hissy fit and Brady just sat there like a boss.

Anyone remember a certain exchange last year between a one Tom Brady and a coach that was on Tom Osborne Field today? Pretty sure they had to be restrained, and we're talking about a player point his finger at his coach and giving him criticism why?

Tom Brady didn't need restrained. O'Brien threw a hissy fit and Brady just sat there like a boss.

I mentioned this same thing a few weeks ago after the Northwestern game when Antonio Bell got into it with Pelini. All the delusional fans said Pelini had the moral high ground and Bell was worthless, never contributed and blah, blah, blah. We saw it a few years ago at Texas A&M with Martinez. Now today it happens again with Stafford and it was even uglier. I guarantee you many players on this team have no love or respect for Pelini.

There is a cancer forming on this football program and it's Bo Pelini. You can ignore it, pretend it's all the players fault, or say it was the heat of the moment, but it's not working with this team. NU has been extremely fortunate over the last three weeks, that it's masked the problems we have internally. If we had lost all of the games over the last three weeks, we'd be discussing Pelini's buyout, and most of you know it's the truth.

Unfortunately I agree.

We've been embarrassing for at least 75% of the last 3 weeks. Coaches have literally made some ridiculous coaching decisions and players have done some really stupid things. I think I can probably get over all that and move on...except...we add on top of all that several player/coach exchanges on national tv. The exchanges are more than "just football" like so many of the embarrassed fans try to say. It's a sign of lack of respect on both sides and it will undoubtedly came back to bite us. The exchange today with stafford and pelini was completely over the top. And for the poster who said it wasn't a big deal because he was in the game a minute later...well I say that's the biggest deal of all. Our big disciplinarian of a coach let one of his players put his finger in his face and f bomb him back and forth and then threw him back on the field To the person who said Saban was going crazy too, show me a clip where his players disrespects him and then goes in the next minute. Saban might have had stafford by the throat.

It's embarrassing and it isn't "normal football".

• Fire 1

I mentioned this same thing a few weeks ago after the Northwestern game when Antonio Bell got into it with Pelini. All the delusional fans said Pelini had the moral high ground and Bell was worthless, never contributed and blah, blah, blah. We saw it a few years ago at Texas A&M with Martinez. Now today it happens again with Stafford and it was even uglier. I guarantee you many players on this team have no love or respect for Pelini.

There is a cancer forming on this football program and it's Bo Pelini. You can ignore it, pretend it's all the players fault, or say it was the heat of the moment, but it's not working with this team. NU has been extremely fortunate over the last three weeks, that it's masked the problems we have internally. If we had lost all of the games over the last three weeks, we'd be discussing Pelini's buyout, and most of you know it's the truth.

Unfortunately I agree.

We've been embarrassing for at least 75% of the last 3 weeks. Coaches have literally made some ridiculous coaching decisions and players have done some really stupid things. I think I can probably get over all that and move on...except...we add on top of all that several player/coach exchanges on national tv. The exchanges are more than "just football" like so many of the embarrassed fans try to say. It's a sign of lack of respect on both sides and it will undoubtedly came back to bite us. The exchange today with stafford and pelini was completely over the top. And for the poster who said it wasn't a big deal because he was in the game a minute later...well I say that's the biggest deal of all. Our big disciplinarian of a coach let one of his players put his finger in his face and f bomb him back and forth and then threw him back on the field To the person who said Saban was going crazy too, show me a clip where his players disrespects him and then goes in the next minute. Saban might have had stafford by the throat.

Agreed. Especially the point about a lack of respect and discipline on both sides. Hence the high turnover and penalty ratio.

Unfortunately I agree.

Fortunately, I disagree.

And I'm usually right about most things.

.........eventually luck runs out.

Or eventually it's proven as something other than luck.

I hope you are right. However the lack of discipline as evidenced in turnovers and penalties throughout the Pelini era likely point in a different direction. Couple that with multiple sideline incidents and I'd say I'm heading in the right direction.

I saw some F bombs for sure, but do not know in what context they were said or what prompted the exchange.

If Bo was a complete a$$ who has lost the respect of the team we would be 4-6. Look at NU 2007. That was a team that had enough of a coaches crap. Also look at the Bell situation. Guy gets into it with Bo, kicked off the team for violations of team rules AND IIRC Bo steps in to make sure he keeps his schollie so he can graduate and get his degree.

Bo is a lightning rod for the media guys ever since 2010. I am sure this stuff happens on the majority of teams. It just is not shown as cameras are not actually assigned to watch the coach unless it is Bo.

So you know for a fact he was dropping F bomb back and forth in his face then? Because I honestly can't tell what he said, it looks like the first exchange was "that's your fault man", and then I can't make anything out.

Bo is pretty relaxed if someone is dropping F bombs at him and JP doesn't seem to alarmed either. How about the fact that we don't even see the entire exchange, Stafford looks like he cooled down and is going to have a talk with Pelini and then it cuts away. This is just like "the Bo Pelini was volcanic!" comment during the bowl game, but we never saw it.

Players and coaches get hot during a game it happens, during the Osborne years guys would fight all the time with teammates in practice but nobody is bitching about that.

So you know for a fact he was dropping F bomb back and forth in his face then? Because I honestly can't tell what he said, it looks like the first exchange was "that's your fault man", and then I can't make anything out.

Bo is pretty relaxed if someone is dropping F bombs at him and JP doesn't seem to alarmed either. How about the fact that we don't even see the entire exchange, Stafford looks like he cooled down and is going to have a talk with Pelini and then it cuts away. This is just like "the Bo Pelini was volcanic!" comment during the bowl game, but we never saw it.

Oh I've seen it several times and stafford drops the f-bomb a few times and to me it looked like he was telling Bo to personally f-off. On the replay in the game recap the actually blurred Stafford's mouth

I actually think this exchange was the most heated we've seen. The others the players actually turn and walk the other way. This time stafford wasn't going to stand down.

.........eventually luck runs out.

Or eventually it's proven as something other than luck.

I hope you are right. However the lack of discipline as evidenced in turnovers and penalties throughout the Pelini era likely point in a different direction. Couple that with multiple sideline incidents and I'd say I'm heading in the right direction.

There's no way to prove that turnovers and penalties is immediately attributed to a lack of discipline. Those things can be realistically and hypothetically attributed to a number of different things. But time will tell.

I saw some F bombs for sure, but do not know in what context they were said or what prompted the exchange.

If Bo was a complete a$$ who has lost the respect of the team we would be 4-6. Look at NU 2007. That was a team that had enough of a coaches crap. Also look at the Bell situation. Guy gets into it with Bo, kicked off the team for violations of team rules AND IIRC Bo steps in to make sure he keeps his schollie so he can graduate and get his degree.

Bo is a lightning rod for the media guys ever since 2010. I am sure this stuff happens on the majority of teams. It just is not shown as cameras are not actually assigned to watch the coach unless it is Bo.

Well just think...we could very easily have 3 more loses. I get your point and I think bo is probably an overall good dude. I think he wants to do the right thing. However, you can't compare this to normal teams. Normal teams don't call three defensive timeouts in one half. Normal teams don't often land at the top of the list for turnovers and penalty's(in the country). Add the personnel issues and player exchanges and I'm saying something is wrong. I've never said I wanted bo gone, but, I hate the way he has our team looking..both on the football field and on the sidelines.