Senior Day - A look back at the guys we're seeing for the last time

knapplc

Good write up Knapp, except it was Courtney Osborne who caused the non fumble against Missouri. 2010 was a good year for him, unfortunately it seems like he hasn't been able to keep healthy since then.

Wow. I really hate to prove you wrong so publicly, but that was PJ Smith that hit Blaine Gabbert in 2010. Here's the video:

I apologize for posting the video which shows that you were incorrect. But right is right. :D

+1 to you for the correction. The memory isn't what it used to be!

Just trying to help. You're welcome.

knappic, your great! Fantastic write-up. :worship

I hope BTN broadcast will show the entire senior day march, of course live in color

Already stocked up Kleenex product

Just wondering....lineup order thing. Alphabetical order or jersey numbers or random list?

It usually goes by numbers. I've also heard that Rex and TO might lead the team out during the tunnel walk.

Good write up Knapp, except it was Courtney Osborne who caused the non fumble against Missouri. 2010 was a good year for him, unfortunately it seems like he hasn't been able to keep healthy since then.

Wow. I really hate to prove you wrong so publicly, but that was PJ Smith that hit Blaine Gabbert in 2010. Here's the video:

I apologize for posting the video which shows that you were incorrect. But right is right. :D

+1 to you for the correction. The memory isn't what it used to be!

Thats the same video Mr Pinkel sent in to have the NCAA look at and try to get Smith suspended again lol. I was at that game and thought that was a fumble, but never counted.

Compton will always stick out to me. He was probably the highest rated recruit who chose to stick with his commitment to Nebraska when Callahan was fired and recruits were bailing. I'm not sure the turnaround would have been as smooth without this guy.

Oh and the Ekeler tattoo is one of my favorite recruiting stories.

Plus 1,000 seriously great time and effort put into that. I almost get emotional looking at the great ball players that are moving on from their Husker careers. This list consists of some really outstanding young men.

We all have our favorite Huskers of all time. The lists vary. Rex Burkhead is an absolutely outstanding Husker, but in this class, he is among some damn great people. Really, some damn great teammates. Eric Martin, Ben Cotton, Sean Fisher, Tim Marlowe. I guarantee you if you talked to this team, they couldn't even explain to you what great leaders and great teammates these guys have been. In the end, that's what it's all about. The memories you will have for a lifetime. Being a Husker, and sharing that brotherhood with the men you went to battle with. I wish this group of guys had gotten a Championship, but damnit, if they can walk out of here with a Big Ten Championship it would be so f'ing' rewarding for them and for those of us who really respect these guys.

It's all about the process Bo says. He's right. These guys are leaving this University as some damn fine examples of this University and what we stand for. I truly believe they will represent us well in the future and I wish them nothing but the best in their lives.

TTTR...A - totally agree.

Think about this. Think about how many times any guy on that list up there embarrassed us. Think about how many times any one of these guys got in trouble, did something publicly stupid, or in any way besmirched the Husker name.

Sure, that's what we expect. We expect honor and genteel representation. But it doesn't always work out that way. We have, in this class, a group of truly great individuals who came together to form a team. Rex is the figurehead, the most recognizable of these guys, but is there anyone there whom you wouldn't be proud to call your brother, your son?

A lot of folks who post here poo-poo character. They roll their eyes at that, and talk about how great it would be to have those edgy guys with some trouble on their record, but some championships under their belts.

Me.... meh. I've lived through that, unlike many of the folks who talk like that, unlike many of the guys who make a living in local media. I see past that crap, and think that, in this era of ultra-competitive football, we have a team that has gone 8-2 against one of the toughest schedules any team in the country has faced, and on top of all that winning, all that thrill, they're all quality people.

We're about to graduate a class of Huskers that has gone through the fire. They've lived through the growing years, they've built the foundation. I'm damned proud of these guys. I'm damned proud of the fact that they were recruited to dominate one conference, one style of play, and then were tossed into a completely different conference with a largely different style of football, only to see them, at this juncture, ready to capture their division and - possibly - represent their conference in a BCS bowl. That's an accomplishment that cannot be ignored.

Man. I'm going to miss these guys.

• Fire 1