Cool Ameer Abdullah story on SI.com

papersun87

About a month after he signed with the one school that promised him nothing except that it saw him the way he saw himself, Ameer Abdullah still couldn't believe everyone else's eyes. Nebraska gave him an opportunity to play running back, but no one else gave him a chance, with observers assuming a 5-foot-9 prospect was destined for outside sweeps and third-down packages. He was not another roughhewn workhorse. There were I-Backs, and then there was Ameer jitterbug.

Link: http://sportsillustr...l#ixzz2CRtevAQH

No doubt about it. There isn't another running back in the NCAA I'd rather have playing for us. Other than Burkhead of course.

I love Ameer and what he has been able to do, and he has done more than earned his role on the field. I think he is incredibly good RB, but I don't think he is the best option we have at the same time. Where he lacks, we have two other backs to pick that up. Cross for the short yard plays, which end up being longer than needed lol, and Heard, who is just a natural RB, who has great handle on the ball, and just has that RB mentality on knowing where the hole is. Heard is by far my favorite back we have, but Ameer was given a shot, and he hasn't let us down. Just wish we could see more of these two great backs a lot more. With Heard's hammy injury, I can see why we have limited him, but we burned Cross' redshirt for no reason, I would have only imagined that we would have been taking advantage of it more than we have this year, with the exception of, maybe, the Penn State game.

No doubt about it. There isn't another running back in the NCAA I'd rather have playing for us. Other than Burkhead of course.

Kenjon Barner, marcus lattimore, montee ball, Eddie lacy

I'd take Ameer over Lattimore since he is injured.

I would take Ameer over all them all. They are all juniors or seniors imagine how good Ameer will be next yr and the yr after

I love Ameer and what he has been able to do, and he has done more than earned his role on the field. I think he is incredibly good RB, but I don't think he is the best option we have at the same time. Where he lacks, we have two other backs to pick that up. Cross for the short yard plays, which end up being longer than needed lol, and Heard, who is just a natural RB, who has great handle on the ball, and just has that RB mentality on knowing where the hole is. Heard is by far my favorite back we have, but Ameer was given a shot, and he hasn't let us down. Just wish we could see more of these two great backs a lot more. With Heard's hammy injury, I can see why we have limited him, but we burned Cross' redshirt for no reason, I would have only imagined that we would have been taking advantage of it more than we have this year, with the exception of, maybe, the Penn State game.

"Burned it for no reason"?! He scored two touchdowns last week! He's our goal line battering ram. We've burned a lot worse redshirts than that.