so mad

MichiganMan

I find this Mizzou fascination.....well fascinating.

They are Iowa without the BCS win and without Wrestling. Oh and ZERO final fours. Even Penn State has one.

Iowa with Kansas City and St. Louis, a larger student body and alumni base and most importantly...no Iowans.

I do hate Iowa... But honestly, asking for Missouri, is like asking for Colorado... No thanks.

All you need is some ponies.. and all will be better.

Joking aside, i think adding Maryland/Rutgers is a chess move to add 2 bigger teams. the BIG TEN conference will not stop at 14... they will add two more, and i assume it will be two big schools. Notre Dame will not miss out on the $$$.. or get stuck not being able to play teams like MICH/MICHST/USC because of the soon to be 9 game schedule.

I honestly believe Notre Dame will be a member of the B1G...

Honestly, I don't think ND will ever join the B1G. My main reason for thinking this is that the CIC supports the use of embryonic stem cells in research. Needless to say, this is more than a bit at odds with the ideology of the folks at Notre Dame. If they do join a conference due to realignment, I'm thinking it will probably be the Big XII.

I find this Mizzou fascination.....well fascinating.

They are Iowa without the BCS win and without Wrestling. Oh and ZERO final fours. Even Penn State has one.

Iowa with Kansas City and St. Louis, a larger student body and alumni base and most importantly...no Iowans.

Living in Misery, I can tell you this: most of their fans don't give a damn about Mizzou football because they have a few professional teams and could care less if Mizzou has success. When they do have a good team, such as last year's basketball team, they act like rabid animals about the Kittens (I mean Tigers).

They are not the kind of fan base that really fits into the B1G.

I want Kansas...

*runs and hides*

I'll stand with you on this! Kansas has just as much football tradition as Mizzery, has an impecable basketball tradition, would bring the K.C. metro, and is a good school located in a miserable town. To me, it is the benefits of Mizzou without the baggage. They are certainly no worse than Maryland and Rutgers!