Lacrosse in the B1G Ten

Omaha-Husker

With these additions 5 B1G teams will have a lacrosse program, Maryland, Rutgers, OSU, PSU and Michigan.

The conference would need one more to include the sport in with the others. I would think Northwestern is the most natural candidate for a new program, but I think Nebraska should look into it as well. A very cool sport to watch and play.

We could probably field a pretty decent lacrosse team with guys from our football team. Give 'em a couple years to practice and I'll bet they could hold their own with some Div. I teams.

/I'm sure this will draw the ire of lacrosse fans. But face it. The guys playing lacrosse, for the most part, are not elite athletes like the guys playing Div. 1 football. Not even close.

We could probably field a pretty decent lacrosse team with guys from our football team. Give 'em a couple years to practice and I'll bet they could hold their own with some Div. I teams.

/I'm sure this will draw the ire of lacrosse fans. But face it. The guys playing lacrosse, for the most part, are not elite athletes like the guys playing Div. 1 football. Not even close.

Lacrosse is a lot more of a skill sport than it is an athleticism sport. Having non elite athletes doesn't make it less entertaining to watch for me though.

Like others have said, Lacrosse is a snobby elitist East Coast substitute for Hockey. I have never watched a full game and I never intend to. Hockey is far superior and we easily have the best conference in the country:

National Championships

Michigan: 9

Wisconsin: 6

Minnesota: 5

Michigan State: 3

Screw Lacrosse.

Why are people all of the sudden obsessed with this elitist east coast sport. Focus on hockey first if anything, hell I'd take soccer or rugby before lacrosse, at least it has real contact and is an olympic sport.

First time I ever flipped the TV to a lacrosse game while channel surfing, I saw a guy take a full on swing with the stick across a guys chest. There was no penalty called.

How is this not a contact sport?

Like others have said, Lacrosse is a snobby elitist East Coast substitute for Hockey. I have never watched a full game and I never intend to. Hockey is far superior and we easily have the best conference in the country:

National Championships

Michigan: 9

Wisconsin: 6

Minnesota: 5

Michigan State: 3

Screw Lacrosse.

Completely disagree. As a Colorado Springs native, I will definitely say that the National Collegiate Hockey Conference (CC, DU, North Dakota, Minnesota Duluth, Miami U, St. Cloud, UNO & Western Michigan) will be just as good if not better than the Big Ten in college hockey. We took all the best teams from the WCHA :P! Go CC!

... by the way, damn the Big Ten for ruining the most dominant conference in all of college hockey! I'm going to miss the WCHA. Minnesota and Wisconsin were really fun opponents!

• Fire 1