Why does the Big 10 suck during the bowl season?

KC Cowboy

When Nebraska played in the Orange Bowl all those years following the Big 12 season, we invariably had to play against one of the Fla. teams. Fla St or Miami. Not only was it mostly a home game for them they were also very talented and played a style we didn't see often. Their defenses had 4 or 5 weeks to prepare for our option game. Play those games during the regular season and in Lincoln when the temps were 15 degrees and there would have been a different result. The Big 10 still faces an uphill battle playing SEC teams in the deep south.

On another subject, I don't think Oregon gets the chance to play in the CCG. I think UCLA dogs it this weekend to have another chance to play Stanford the next week. They go vanilla and save the good stuff for the CCG. I'm sure they want no part of Oregon. Stanford has to win so they play balls to the wall.

• Fire 1

Why does the Big Ten suck during bowl season?

Because Bucky touches himself at night

No, that's why the dinosaurs died. The Big Ten sucks because I'm a fan and thus it has my taint.

do not feel bad Bucky. i laid a grand down last year on Nebraska taking the big ten title. This Year I had better odds and laid off. Now watch Nebraska win the Big ten title. In other words who knows.

Because we usually play USC in the Rose Bowl, LSU in the Sugar Bowl, Florida in the Capital One, Gator, or Citrus Bowl...etc.

There's a home field advantage for the opponent almost every time.

NU is 2-0 vs LSU in the Sugar Bowl (5-0 overall) but 1- 3 against Miami in the Orange Bowl. Recently beat Arizona in the Holiday Bowl and Clemson in the Gator Bowl. Since 1962 NU is 13-15 against what I call "home teams" in bowl games.

QUIT WHINING AND START WINNING!

Because we usually play USC in the Rose Bowl, LSU in the Sugar Bowl, Florida in the Capital One, Gator, or Citrus Bowl...etc.

There's a home field advantage for the opponent almost every time.

NU is 2-0 vs LSU in the Sugar Bowl (5-0 overall) but 1- 3 against Miami in the Orange Bowl. Recently beat Arizona in the Holiday Bowl and Clemson in the Gator Bowl. Since 1962 NU is 13-15 against what I call "home teams" in bowl games.

QUIT WHINING AND START WINNING!

Hey. We're 6-3 in BCS bowl games. I'm just trying to explain the rest of the conference ;)

The B1G gets overmatched a lot. It'll happen again when the Capital One and Outback bowls give us Alabama or Florida or LSU as opponents.

It's like the Huskers during our long bowl losing streak we had.... oh yeah, you lost 7 straight bowl games, yadda yadda. What everyone forgets is that we were often the champion of a weak Big 8 conference being forced into Orange Bowl matchups against Miami and Florida State teams that were #1 or #2. Even Georgia Tech was co-champ the year they drew us.

There was one year where Florida State was easily the best team in the country, but they lost to Southern Miss or something really early and so they were out of the title game. They played us in the Fiesta Bowl and basically obliterated the bejesus out of us. We were the second best team in the Big 8 and that's our draw.

Nebraska played BOTH sets of split national champions in two consecutive seasons.... how often does that happen?

We just had a very, very hard draw during those years. Out of those 7 bowls, it's very hard to find one where we were not prohibitive underdogs.

I use to think that it was because of where it is played but how do you explain the beatings during the season though? The SEC doesn't have strict enrollment as much as the Big Ten thus they get athletes that we wouldn't. The Big Ten does academic standards unlike the SEC.

Well just off hand, doesn't the SEC start school later than other conferences? If I'm not misremembering they don't start school until after their first game typically. Extrapolating, would that mean that they don't have to abide by the 20 hour rule, until class starts?

I use to think that it was because of where it is played but how do you explain the beatings during the season though? The SEC doesn't have strict enrollment as much as the Big Ten thus they get athletes that we wouldn't. The Big Ten does academic standards unlike the SEC.

Well just off hand, doesn't the SEC start school later than other conferences? If I'm not misremembering they don't start school until after their first game typically. Extrapolating, would that mean that they don't have to abide by the 20 hour rule, until class starts?

for that i don't know but if you gave a Big Ten and a SEC athletes the same test who do you figure would score higher? The SEC isn't known as an academic conference while the Big Ten is.