Stein and Jackson out

lo country

What about Peat. I know he had back issues, but I thought he was healthy, just not in "football" shape. Any chance he plays at all? Is he injured again?

Either its going to be Peat, Williams, Rome, Guy, or Randle who is going to have to step up. I know Randle isn't healthy either, but at this point, what do you do? Run a 3-4 defense now? Martin, Rome and Ankrah with Compton, Whaley, Santos and Fisher?

I don't these injuries are that much of a game changer, but they aren't good either way.

Jackson is done for the season.

What is the injury-----------specifically!

Ankle injury. I am thinking a high ankle sprain maybe?

I know Justin personally. It would have to be something more than a high ankle sprain to keep him out. More like a broken leg or ACL. He is one tough kid. He may miss the BIG Championship game but I doubt he will miss any bowl game. Where did you get your information? Although he was walking gingerly, he was walking unassisted on the sidelines. Hopefully, it will not be the end of NU football for him. What about Stein? ACL?

What about Peat. I know he had back issues, but I thought he was healthy, just not in "football" shape. Any chance he plays at all? Is he injured again?

Either its going to be Peat, Williams, Rome, Guy, or Randle who is going to have to step up. I know Randle isn't healthy either, but at this point, what do you do? Run a 3-4 defense now? Martin, Rome and Ankrah with Compton, Whaley, Santos and Fisher?

I don't these injuries are that much of a game changer, but they aren't good either way.

The last two weeks Rome has played really well. I would expect him along side Meredith with Martin and Ankrah on the ends

I would think Rome would be taking his spot over as well, but you never know unless your a player or coach.

I know Justin personally. It would have to be something more than a high ankle sprain to keep him out. More like a broken leg or ACL. He is one tough kid. He may miss the BIG Championship game but I doubt he will miss any bowl game. Where did you get your information? Although he was walking gingerly, he was walking unassisted on the sidelines. Hopefully, it will not be the end of NU football for him. What about Stein? ACL?

Not to sound like a jerk, but if you know Jackson personally why aren't you asking him? Do you know how difficult it is to play on a sprained ankle? He would be more of a hazard than help on the field. He wouldn't be able to make the pulls he would need, and wouldn't be able to put 100% into his blocks. Besides that, its the coaching staff's decision if he is allowed to go back in, not his.

If it is a high ankle sprain, I hope he takes the recovery time, and doesn't push himself to get back on the field. Its a 6-7 week healing process, and he needs to be as close to 100% for the combine.

Pensick injury hurts us more than Bakers. With that said I thought Mark Pelini did well filling in. So they've got a week to work that position out. As for Baker.. I dunno. It sucks he's hurt and won't play, buuuuuut I'm not worried about who fills in. If this was Compton or Stafford or Martin or Evans, I'd be more worried.

Pensick is injured? Did you mean Jackson?

You are correct.. my bad.

Think we will burn Vincent Valentine's redshirt if the line play gets bad in the ccg?I'm thinking that a 3-4 might be the best way to go in this scenario.

Not even a chance that would happen. Burn a year's worth of eligibility for 2 games? I doubt we will see a 3-4, but you never know. I have been wrong on more than one or twenty occasions lol. We have players to fill his spot, who will do just fine. Just have to wait and find out who is filling Stein's spot lol.

Think we will burn Vincent Valentine's redshirt if the line play gets bad in the ccg?I'm thinking that a 3-4 might be the best way to go in this scenario.

Not even a chance that would happen. Burn a year's worth of eligibility for 2 games? I doubt we will see a 3-4, but you never know. I have been wrong on more than one or twenty occasions lol. We have players to fill his spot, who will do just fine. Just have to wait and find out who is filling Stein's spot lol.

If our offense can limit the turnovers, score early and often, it would be nice if we could get Wisconsin to play catch up and have to resort to the pass game more.

I would think Rome would be taking his spot over as well, but you never know unless your a player or coach.

Not to sound like a jerk, but if you know Jackson personally why aren't you asking him? Do you know how difficult it is to play on a sprained ankle? He would be more of a hazard than help on the field. He wouldn't be able to make the pulls he would need, and wouldn't be able to put 100% into his blocks. Besides that, its the coaching staff's decision if he is allowed to go back in, not his.

If it is a high ankle sprain, I hope he takes the recovery time, and doesn't push himself to get back on the field. Its a 6-7 week healing process, and he needs to be as close to 100% for the combine.

Justin played at the school where I taught. I have had many conversations with him over the years. And yes, I do know how difficult it is to play on a sprained ankle. I have coached many athletes who have had high ankle sprains. Some heal quicker than others. Some appear to be bad but after some rehab and rest, they respond accordingly. Some kids can endure more discomfort than others. If he is hurt badly, he will not play. However, if there is any chance of him getting on the field, he will be there. Count on it. At this point in time, there is simply no verification as to the extent of his injury. So far, it is speculation.

By the way, were are you getting your information? I will be making some calls tomorrow, hopefully I can find out some specifics.

If our offense can limit the turnovers, score early and often, it would be nice if we could get Wisconsin to play catch up and have to resort to the pass game more.

The game is in a dome, no wind, not hot or cold, so Beck will have a whole playbook in his hands that we will be able to use, with no excuse for not executing. Fumbling has always been our issue. We have had a couple games where we have limited them, but its inevitable. We can't play from behind anymore. We are too far into our season to be doing that. Wisconsin can throw, and they have a few dangerous receivers, like Abbrederis. We will need to play sound defense, as they will have an open playbook as well. They have a decent mobile QB too. We will just have to be faster, stronger and smarter, with limited mistakes lol.