Old Big 12 Emotional Ties

They wouldn't admit it, but I am sure the hosting schools miss us. Husker fans travel well. That's nice $ for hosting cities and helping to fill some of their stadiums. I can't imagine too many WVA or TCU fans traveled to ISU or KU. Someone should check the attendance figures...I would but I am lazy.

ISU - WVA - Sell out. Over 55,000. ISU set a record for attendance this year with every home game sold out. Pretty amazing for a 6-6 football team.

All in all...I do miss having Nebraska in the Big 12...we were always assured of at least two wins in basketball every year with Nebraska around. Miss Missouri too. Lots of good beat downs at the hands of both those teams plus it was an easy trip to make it to an away game every now and then. Don't miss Colorado one bit ...glad to see they are such a sucksee in the PAC 12. They can throw their urine bags at the Ducks and Beavers all they want over there...

Questioning the addition of Maryland and Rutgers to the Big 10 though...I was under the impression that Maryland was an FCS school but that shows you how much Big East football in on my radar...I see the point of adding the Baltimore and New York markets to the BTN but nobody watches Maryland or Rutgers now. Are new Yorkers and Baltimorians and DCers going to fork out extra for the opportunity to see new teams beat the crap out of Maryland and Rutgers? Well...it is the east coast and people there tend to be idiots so maybe they will. The addition of these two teams hasn't done much to enhance the football reputation of the conference It's not like pulling in a Notre Dame or a Clemson...or even a Syracuse...it's Maryland and Rutgers...one with a bankrupt athletic program (Maryland) that was pulled off life support by the Big 10 and the other with the highest subsidised athletic department in all of BCS football (Rutgers).

The best thing about the addition of these two teams will be watching Boise State and BYU say "WTF? What happened to the conference we were supposed to join?" and then looking to jump back to the WAC or become easy pickins for the Big 12 to grab along with Louisville and Cinncinnati...

They wouldn't admit it, but I am sure the hosting schools miss us. Husker fans travel well. That's nice $ for hosting cities and helping to fill some of their stadiums. I can't imagine too many WVA or TCU fans traveled to ISU or KU. Someone should check the attendance figures...I would but I am lazy.

ISU - WVA - Sell out. Over 55,000. ISU set a record for attendance this year with every home game sold out. Pretty amazing for a 6-6 football team.

All in all...I do miss having Nebraska in the Big 12...we were always assured of at least two wins in basketball every year with Nebraska around. Miss Missouri too. Lots of good beat downs at the hands of both those teams plus it was an easy trip to make it to an away game every now and then. Don't miss Colorado one bit ...glad to see they are such a sucksee in the PAC 12. They can throw their urine bags at the Ducks and Beavers all they want over there...

Questioning the addition of Maryland and Rutgers to the Big 10 though...I was under the impression that Maryland was an FCS school but that shows you how much Big East football in on my radar...I see the point of adding the Baltimore and New York markets to the BTN but nobody watches Maryland or Rutgers now. Are new Yorkers and Baltimorians and DCers going to fork out extra for the opportunity to see new teams beat the crap out of Maryland and Rutgers? Well...it is the east coast and people there tend to be idiots so maybe they will. The addition of these two teams hasn't done much to enhance the football reputation of the conference It's not like pulling in a Notre Dame or a Clemson...or even a Syracuse...it's Maryland and Rutgers...one with a bankrupt athletic program (Maryland) that was pulled off life support by the Big 10 and the other with the highest subsidised athletic department in all of BCS football (Rutgers).

The best thing about the addition of these two teams will be watching Boise State and BYU say "WTF? What happened to the conference we were supposed to join?" and then looking to jump back to the WAC or become easy pickins for the Big 12 to grab along with Louisville and Cinncinnati...

Well...we agree on the Buffoolos then! Good riddance to those pissers.

I'd have been happy to see Iowa State and Kansas join the B1G. You and Iowa already have a great rivalry, like Mechicken and Mechicken State...think it would have solidified the midwest footprint. Oh well. Best of luck in your bowl game Cy (and every game you ever play against Iowa)..

I do not miss the big 12 at all. Something about Beebe and our last season that train wreck of a league put that final nail in the coffin for me. However I do like to see Oklahoma do well and still feel pity for Kansas on occassion. The rest of them can go pound sand. Love it in the B1G. Fits our identity so much better.

We'll pass along your expansion concerns to Jim Delaney. I'm sure he'll listen. Seriously. This move has so much more to do with things that we can't even fathom than it does football. It's a money move. Also probably just another way to expand our footprint as a conference and get our foot in the door of regions. College athletics are changing before our eyes. Jim Delaney is obviously taking the first shot at the mega expansions. He has a vision and there's no one that can legitimately second guess what he's doing. He did'nt get to where he is today, or get the Big 10 to where it is for that matter, by being stupid. I just wish so many would look at it as more than a football only move that "just doesnt bring much to our conference"