Should Taylor be B1G Offensive Player of the Year and First Team QB?

QMany

So this is a little off topic, but anybody else think Braxton is a little soft? I know he runs a lot, but he always seems to get dinged up or be out for a few plays. And they are never exceptional hard hits. Even when Taylor was a freshman/sophomore and injured he was one of those guys that didn't want to come off the field, he just tried to grit it out.

I think Braxton is softer than Martinez, but the kid gets the Job done. Braxton likes to dance around defenders. I've seen plenty of osu snaps this year and I can't recall a single moment where he lowered his shoulder. I only just started seeing Taylor lower his shoulder this year.

Give Braxton his due. I think he is deserves the nod over TM in part because of the wins. It doesn't diminish anything Taylor did and even though I think Miller deserves the 1st team slot, I'd rather have Taylor as our QB.

Braxton would be solid though in our offense, and by all accounts I've read, Miller is a humble, nice kid.

As far as the rushing stats, how's many yds does Braxton's RBs have. I know Ameer is over 1000 Rex has another 500 or so. Plus Heard and Cross.

Maybe Martinez has more yds if we needed him too?

Taylor Martinez: 59% of team's total offense, 27% of team's rushing.

Braxton Miller: 65% of team's total offense, 44% of team's rushing.

Think of Taylor's numbers if we didn't have a stable of RB and asked him to do as much as Urban does of Braxton.

As far as the rushing stats, how's many yds does Braxton's RBs have. I know Ameer is over 1000 Rex has another 500 or so. Plus Heard and Cross.

Think of Taylor's numbers if we didn't have a stable of RB and asked him to do as much as Urban does of Braxton.

They would probably not change all that much because the defense would know what's coming. Having more weapons probably doesn't hurt his numbers as much as you think.

I am I, if we needed Taylor to run like Braxton, then he would have put up just as good numbers I would think.

The only reason I think this, is because of Taylor's RS Freshman year. In the months of August to October, he put 886 yards on the ground. He was injured at the end of the October on the 30th against Missouri. From November to the end of the season he only had 81 yards. He was banged up for 6 games after his injury, including the following year, and still lingering from time to time now.

2010 Stats:

162 rush attempts: 965 yards @ 5.96 average, 12 TD's

First 8 games: 112 attempts: 886 yards @ 7.9 average, 12 TD's

Last 6 games: 50 attempts: 81 yards @ 1.62 average, 0 TD's (INJURED)

2012 Stats: All 12 games

156 attempts: 833 yards @ 5.36 average, 8TD's

Passing:195/308 @ 63%, 2483 yards @ 8.1 average, 21 TD's, 8 INTs.

Braxton Miller:

227 attempts: 1271 yards @ 5.6 average, 13 TD's.

Passing: 148/254 completions, 58%, 2039 yards @ 8.0 average, 15 TD's, 6 INTs.

To me, the stats says it all. Taylor's freshman year, when we relied on him with his feet, he was way more of a threat than Miller is today. When Taylor is healthy, he is dangerous. Even though we don't rely on Taylor's feet as much, he still matches up with Miller VERY well. There is a .3 rushing average difference, while Miller has rushed it 71 more times than Martinez. How Miller won QB of the year is beyond me, besides having his coach play him wreckless to gain the rushing stats he had. All around, Taylor averages just the same, if not better in each category.

• Fire 1

I would have chosen Braxton as Offensive Player, and Taylor as 1st Team QB.

I think Braxton is the better athlete, overall, but it is very close and certainly could be swapped.

The overall better QB is Taylor, IMHO. Late in the year, Braxton started to break down as Taylor began to surge.

OSU being undefeated won the day, though, and that's always going to count for a lot.