Trick play?

Ziggy

Didn't Rex throw like 3 passes in 2010 and all of them were touchdowns? (Or did I just imagine that? :) ) They should probably put that play back in the arsenal!

Had to look it up out of curiosity -- looks like he was 3/4, and 3 TD's.

http://web1.ncaa.org...g=463&player=22

ok, thanks for checking that out - still, 3 TD's out of 4 passes isn't so bad; this might be a good time to go back to this!

Didn't Rex throw like 3 passes in 2010 and all of them were touchdowns? (Or did I just imagine that? :) ) They should probably put that play back in the arsenal!

Had to look it up out of curiosity -- looks like he was 3/4, and 3 TD's.

http://web1.ncaa.org...g=463&player=22

The one incompletion was the bomb to Taylor in the BigXII championship game against OU.

I still love in 2006 v Colorado. It was 4th & less than 5, and Zac Taylor walked toward the sidelines as if he had just called a time out, but he was really the "man in motion". Fooled CU into going offsides. First down Huskers!

I dont' think they went offsides - we just snapped it to Tierre Green who ran for a first down. That '06 Colorado game had a ton of trick plays. Everyone was upset that we emptied the playbook before Oklahoma.

When was the last time we saw a fake punt or FG? The stronger our defense gets, the more likely we are to see it.

Last fake punt was in 2010 - last fake field goal was 2008.

I still love in 2006 v Colorado. It was 4th & less than 5, and Zac Taylor walked toward the sidelines as if he had just called a time out, but he was really the "man in motion". Fooled CU into going offsides. First down Huskers!

I dont' think they went offsides - we just snapped it to Tierre Green who ran for a first down. That '06 Colorado game had a ton of trick plays. Everyone was upset that we emptied the playbook before Oklahoma.

Ahh... gotcha. I couldn't actually remember how the 1st down occurred, so I assumed the D was confused and moved or something or other, but now that makes sense.

Ahh... gotcha. I couldn't actually remember how the 1st down occurred, so I assumed the D was confused and moved or something or other, but now that makes sense.

3:52 of this video!

• Fire 3

I've always been partial to the flea flicker ala Eric Crouch 2001 Oklahoma game. Taylor has the wheels to pull it off and we've got a guy or two who can throw it well enough.

Did you see Ok St run this play agaianst OK this weekend ?? Nostalgia, man !! This one is definitely an option with Rex's arm and T-Magic's speed. Look for it ........ guaranteed.

didn't we run this play right after oklahoma tried it and failed?

We did something like it, but I remember now, as a poster helped jog my foggy memory. Taylor was at wide out for (wildcat formation) for a few plays, and would only take a few steps and stop, like his ankle was killing him. On 3rd down I believe, Taylor took off down the field and Rex over threw him. Almost the same thing, but Taylor wasn't in the backfield to take the snap.