Trick play?

Ziggy

During the Iowa game when Taylor had that late pitch to Ameer, if you look at Kenny Bell on the opposite end of the field, he isn't blocking, he's waiting for Taylor to drop back out of that play and throw him a cross field pass.

I wish there was a clip of it because it definitely looks like another wrinkle to that play.

During the Iowa game when Taylor had that late pitch to Ameer, if you look at Kenny Bell on the opposite end of the field, he isn't blocking, he's waiting for Taylor to drop back out of that play and throw him a cross field pass.

I wish there was a clip of it because it definitely looks like another wrinkle to that play.

You can definitely tell that Beck has several different possibilities from certain plays. You could see a lot of different things going on on those off-tackle pitches to Abdullah.

I think an option throwback pass would be a great idea if set up properly. Line up in the I-form..

B4Bvp.png

Either use Quincy (bottom receiver) as a blocker, have him run a crossing route to draw away defenders, or simply move him to the other side of the field as a decoy to give Kenny room.

iQmvo.png

I haven't really thought this one through, but would anyone else like to see this happen? I just want to see Kenny Bell get more touches in space.

We tried a RB pass on a toss look against Minnesota. I think that was just to put it on film though, to give future opponents something to think about. it wasnt much for a critical point in the game.

If Bill Callahan were coaching it would have worked.

and we'd do it every time we should punt from our side of the field. He put the T in trick

When was the last time we saw a fake punt or FG? The stronger our defense gets, the more likely we are to see it.

This! I've wondered if having Maher punt rugby style isn't setting him up to keep it and run for a first down.

Yeah. I noticed that during the rugby kick that some Iowa players turned their back and followed their guy before the ball was even kicked.