December 4, 1999

ZRod

Almost 13 years ago, that was the last time Nebraska won a conference championship. For almost a decade this fan base hasn't had anything very tangible to cheer about, and my how the world has changed in that time. The internet is much more expansive, we have this great forum, we as a nation had good times and some pretty bad ones, almost everyone has a cellphone in their pocket and it's ridiculously thin, who could have imagined tablets, and Pluto was a planet back then! So I though it would just be fun to take a look back at the world of 1999. Not really a point to this thread just thought we could reminisce about football and life, feel free to share you memories of '99.

First, the Husker were 12-1 that year defeating Texas (yes Texas!) in San Antonia at the championship game 22-6 after losing 20-24 earlier that year in Austin. The Husker went on to beat Tennessee in the Fiesta Bowl 31-21. Ironically enough the Huskers played Southern Miss that year but won by only 7 points in a 20-13 victory.

The average price of a gallon of gas around December 4th was about $1.38

The number one song on December 4th 1999 was:

Some movies from 1999: Eyes Wide Shut, The Sixth Sense, Fight Club, The Matrix, Star Wars Episode I, American Beauty, The Green Mile, American Pie, The Boondock Saints, Office Space, 10 Things I Hate About You, and The World Is Not Enough

Notable events from 1999:

The Euro was established

Jesse Venture became governor of Minnesota

Michael Jordan announces his second retirement

Clinton is acquitted by the Senate in his impeachment trial

O.J. Simpson sells his Heisman Trophy

The Kosovo War

Dr. Kevorkian is found guilty

Columbine Shooting

Oklahoma city is hit by and F5 tornado

John F. Kennedy Jr., Carolyn Bessette Kennedy, and Lauren Bessette are killed in a plane crash

Michael Johnson breaks the 400m world record

First docking with the international space station

NASA looses contact with two Mars exploration vehicles

Last flight of the SR-71 Blackbird

Texas A&M bonfire tragedy

Control of Panama Canal is given to Panama

Boris Yeltsin resigns as President of Russia

• Fire 3

I think I see what you're getting at...we should use a remixed version of Blue as the new Tunnel Walk music. Clearly, we'll have to change the lyrics to Red but I like where this is going!

Uh sure, haha.

I was really hoping this would be the number one song... :hmmph