Worst weather at Memorial Stadium

papersun87

I know it wasnt in Lincoln but the coldest game I've ever sat through so far was the big 12 ship in Arrowhead against OU in '05 I think. It was in the teens all day and they just had snow the day before I believe. It made it worse having to listen to the OU band every ten seconds though!

To make matters worse, our seats were the first row of the upper deck, the walkway was icy, and narrow, and the railing only came up about knee high.

Knee High, eh? AS a Chiefs Season Ticket holder, I can say that for this to be true, you must be about 9 feet tall.

• Fire 1

I know it wasnt in Lincoln but the coldest game I've ever sat through so far was the big 12 ship in Arrowhead against OU in '05 I think. It was in the teens all day and they just had snow the day before I believe. It made it worse having to listen to the OU band every ten seconds though!

To make matters worse, our seats were the first row of the upper deck, the walkway was icy, and narrow, and the railing only came up about knee high.

Knee High, eh? AS a Chiefs Season Ticket holder, I can say that for this to be true, you must be about 9 feet tall.

We were in a weird corner section - not sure if that makes a difference or not, but I am not kidding or bs-ing here. Our section, the railings were very short and one bump would have ended someone.

We were in a weird corner section - not sure if that makes a difference or not, but I am not kidding or bs-ing here. Our section, the railings were very short and one bump would have ended someone.

You said row 1, right? I've been all around Arrowhead and do not remember short rails at the edge of the balcony. I cannot attest to the top of the stadium, however. Regardless, Arrowhead may be the best football venue I've ever been to. No obscured views, stands close to the field. The only complaint I could understand is that the stairs are too steep, which makes the views better.

2010 idaho st. game. it was super hot and i was super drunk and it was super miserable. stayed until the end though.

My wife went to that game 5 month pregnant and handled it fine. C'mon man.

Speaking of hot games. Anyone at the 1997 Akron "heat stroke" game. I was at the So. Miss game this year and that was really not that bad. Yes it was hot, but it was not too hot. Akron '97 was too hot. It's one of those games you wonder why there wasnt some sort of postponement. At some point safety of spectators, players and coaches need to be taken into consideration. If I recall they were handing out water for free. Old folks were dropping like flies. Fans passing stretchers all over simply because 1st-aiders couldnt keep up. That was bad. I hate the cold and would sit through a hundred So Miss games before 1 cold game, but that game was just too hot.

I was at that B12 Championship game at Arrowhead in 06, CRAP that crap was cold. They hadn't cleared the snow out of the seats so we were sitting/standing in snow, plus it was about zero degrees and the wind was howling.

Although Purify's fumble on the opening drive to hand OU their first score and Zac Taylor's five picks were oh so much colder. :(

I was at that B12 Championship game at Arrowhead in 06, CRAP that crap was cold. They hadn't cleared the snow out of the seats so we were sitting/standing in snow, plus it was about zero degrees and the wind was howling.

Although Purify's fumble on the opening drive to hand OU their first score and Zac Taylor's five picks were oh so much colder. :(

Was at that game as well, the kick off temp was something like 3 degrees? We had to put our feet on some hot chocolate boxes just to keep them off the snow. Miserable........................then I had an 8 year old kid behind constantly saying "OU!" Annoying....................the flyover was hilarious though. One of those glass bubble little helicopters! Thought it was going to crash into the field! :lol:

Was at that game as well, the kick off temp was something like 3 degrees? We had to put our feet on some hot chocolate boxes just to keep them off the snow. Miserable........................then I had an 8 year old kid behind constantly saying "OU!" Annoying....................the flyover was hilarious though. One of those glass bubble little helicopters! Thought it was going to crash into the field! :lol:

This was def my coldest game too. I just had to get a pop and the top half inch of it or froze on me in like 10 mins. The Iowa game a week ago was cold but that game was a couple steps worse because it was at night.