Diamond Formation for tomorrow?

In my opinion it works so well because we don't run it all the time. It's like an element of surprise, whenever we come out in the diamond we're going up tempo and on a roll so it catches the defense off guard then Taylor generally snaps it quick so the defense can't adjust. If Beck just called plays out of it all day it wouldn't be as successful.

In my opinion it works so well because we don't run it all the time. It's like an element of surprise, whenever we come out in the diamond we're going up tempo and on a roll so it catches the defense off guard then Taylor generally snaps it quick so the defense can't adjust. If Beck just called plays out of it all day it wouldn't be as successful.

This is exactly right. The reason other schools haven't had the 1st down/touchdown consistency out of it that we have is because they run it much more than we do.

I would love to see us in the I-formation with Martinez at QB, and Burkhead and Abdullah behind him in a 2 iback formation. Imagine how much they'd have to worry about the run, and Nebraska could play action pass too.

This is the formation we were in when Burkhead motioned to the quarterback spot and pitched it to Abdullah in the OSU game this year.

Watched a couple games from 2010 recently, and noticed we ran quite a few plays out of the shotgun with both Burkhead and Helu in the backfield. We seemed to have quite a bit of success with it. Maybe I haven't noticed, but I don't think we've done anything similar this season have we?

That was Wastson's offense. I think we've had some staggered backfields this year with the RB behind Taylor and a FB alongside him. I think we are a little more power with a spread element than when we were in 2010. I think Beck would rather have an extra blocker than another running back in shotgun.

Watched a couple games from 2010 recently, and noticed we ran quite a few plays out of the shotgun with both Burkhead and Helu in the backfield. We seemed to have quite a bit of success with it. Maybe I haven't noticed, but I don't think we've done anything similar this season have we?

We have. Not often, but we've done it.

Heard scored out of this formation. It works nearly everytime but our coaches were clueless tonight. Pathetic coaching effort tonight. And oh by the way, Borland should have been dropped after what he did to TMart by picking him up and throwing him on his head/neck/shoulder. Where is the OL when you need them...play for some pride for pete's sake. The OL and DL on this team is soft and it has to change. Wisky dominated both lines of scrimmage and it was embarrassing.