Coaching Changes?

I love Beck. Bo's the DC and JP is an understudy. I don't see a need to change that arrangement. I think it's fair to evaluate how Kaz's 1 year run has worked out here. Also Els has been a terrific RC here, but maybe we should look at giving his STs role to someone else.

Hear tons of good things about Garrison. Like the guy. We could replace Barney with another positions coach that could help at another position, but more importantly be a recruiting ace that will get after it all year round.

I like Bo, we have a good staff. This is a tough game. one of those days. Bo got outcoached today, badly. It's an embarrassment, but we'll be able to move on from it.

Also, HuskerShark, I don't know what you are talking about with that cover 2 defense stuff. We regularly roll our LBs and S's up in run support, opposing B1G OCs even made a note of that in the pre-game breakdown knapplc posted. Whatever our issues stopping the run are, I don't think it's because we have two deep safeties too much.

The oline has shown improvement-as small as it was at times-over the last 3 years. Barney is not going anywhere. Papuchis does not call the defense anyway. If you watch the coaches, it's obvious Bo is making the calls, Pap is signaling in. Papuchis is a figure head, same as Carl pretty much was, and handles.

Bottom line is this staff is young. 1st year for a few, and 1st year in a new role for some others. Firing coaches after a 10 win season (could still be 11, probably not) even after this kind of game again is just not logical, in my opinion. Realistically, there just isnt gonna be any changes.

I'm sorry, but this isn't just a bad game. This is the worst f*cking loss in the history of NU football. We've been completely embarrassed twice this season: once by a good team, once by a 5-loss team that struggled to get to 7 wins. If this doesn't lead to coaching changes, then Bo will be the one being changed if we see another year of this garbage. This program and fan base deserves better than delusions from Bo. Hopefully our new AD will see the need for changes.

Change coaches then. fine. fire 1 of the only 4 coaches in the history of college football to win 9+ games in his first 5 seasons. Fine. I'll roll with it. One logical question. Who do you get? That's all i want to know. No John Gruden BS or this man or that. Who do you want?

Ok, get a new staff. Who do you want here as a DC. Did you want Mike Stoops this time last year? OU's defense = :clap (sarcastically of course)

Who do we get?

I assume "Accountability" is an ironic username then?

no. just a username. lowercase "a" though.

Who do you want? Who can we get?. Big time Bo backer here that is plenty open to suggestions. Tell me know it alls. I wanna know. Seriously. Who comes here, no matter how money is thrown at them knowing there dun if they dont "win it all"-literally.

The oline has shown improvement-as small as it was at times-over the last 3 years. Barney is not going anywhere. Papuchis does not call the defense anyway. If you watch the coaches, it's obvious Bo is making the calls, Pap is signaling in. Papuchis is a figure head, same as Carl pretty much was, and handles.

Bottom line is this staff is young. 1st year for a few, and 1st year in a new role for some others. Firing coaches after a 10 win season (could still be 11, probably not) even after this kind of game again is just not logical, in my opinion. Realistically, there just isnt gonna be any changes.

I'm sorry, but this isn't just a bad game. This is the worst f*cking loss in the history of NU football. We've been completely embarrassed twice this season: once by a good team, once by a 5-loss team that struggled to get to 7 wins. If this doesn't lead to coaching changes, then Bo will be the one being changed if we see another year of this garbage. This program and fan base deserves better than delusions from Bo. Hopefully our new AD will see the need for changes.

Change coaches then. fine. fire 1 of the only 4 coaches in the history of college football to win 9+ games in his first 5 seasons. Fine. I'll roll with it. One logical question. Who do you get? That's all i want to know. No John Gruden BS or this man or that. Who do you want?

Ok, get a new staff. Who do you want here as a DC. Did you want Mike Stoops this time last year? OU's defense = :clap (sarcastically of course)

Who do we get?

Just try answering the post.

I'm done donating any of my money to the program until Pelini makes assisstant coaching changes after the bowl game! Cotton, Kaz, and Els need to go! Until the fans show their disgust in a way that influences the heads, nothing will be done!

Well good for you, that's pretty f'ing stupid but good for you

Beck should be the first to be shown the door. Paps should be threatened. Cotton should have been fired a long damn time ago.

I don't get the angst for Beck. How is it his fault when he's averaging 34 ppg in our losses and our defense has given up 63+ twice. That is on the defense and is all on Bo since he runs that side of the ball and is a supposed defensive "genius."

Beck is a joke. Big deal about his offense scoreing lots of points against nobodies... The problem is its all finesse.. His refusal to take anything from the defense, is part of the problem.. The defense will always be fresh, and thats because he has built most of his offense around a rabbit.. He wastes the weight room, the power, and speed of Nebraska by running a fad called the spread offense...Its a freakinng joke!! Him and Bo chose to ignore Tom, and this is what happens

Why not try to lure Barry Alvarez out of retirement? former husker. he built Wisconsin on Nebraska football and how we won.

he's not retired. He's an Athletic Director. Has been as retired as Osborne has been the last 15 years. Not.

Why not try to lure Barry Alvarez out of retirement? former husker. he built Wisconsin on Nebraska football and how we won.

he's not retired. He's an Athletic Director. Has been as retired as Osborne has been the last 15 years. Not.

wow you actually believe that dont' you?

There is no excuse for a veteran defensive line to get pushed around like this, except there is a problem with coaching, or your guys arent buying into the vision you are trying to coach them. Same goes for the linebackers, but to that defense, most of our starting linebackers were spread linebackers and coverage guys, not run stopping guys. We have new talent that needs to be developed with the linebackers. But there is no excuse on the defensive line, those guys were good at defending against the run and got pressure on the QB. That's gone, and in order for our defense to improve, it starts with improving defensive line play.

I say get rid of Kaz now, and give Els till conference play next season to show a major improvement with the linebackers.

Beck is a joke. Big deal about his offense scoreing lots of points against nobodies... The problem is its all finesse.. His refusal to take anything from the defense, is part of the problem.. The defense will always be fresh, and thats because he has built most of his offense around a rabbit.. He wastes the weight room, the power, and speed of Nebraska by running a fad called the spread offense...Its a freakinng joke!! Him and Bo chose to ignore Tom, and this is what happens

Beck runs a finesse offense with its bread and butter based on the power toss sweep? What world are you living in? :lol:

Who do we get?

no. just a username. lowercase "a" though.

Who do you want? Who can we get?. Big time Bo backer here that is plenty open to suggestions. Tell me know it alls. I wanna know. Seriously. Who comes here, no matter how money is thrown at them knowing there dun if they dont "win it all"-literally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_coaches

• Fire 1