Coaching Changes?

Maybe we will get lucky and he will take another job somewhere else. Open up the check book and pay a proven head coach. Make them an offer they can't not refuse.

Osborne was not a proven Head Coach. Solich was not a proven head coach. Bill Callahan was a proven head coach. What proven Head coach would accept any sort of offer after firing a coach with no less than 9 wins/year in 5 years?

edit: Bill Callahan may not have been a "proven" head coach. Super Bowl or not. sorry.

First, Wisconsin played great, smart football so give them credit. I had Wisconsin winning a close game (check the score predictions).

Why did I think Wisky would win? Because I have seen all of our games this year and we are a slow/weak no tackling defense, a turnover prone offense, crappy special teams, and in general a very sloppy football team all around. We all know we won multiple games this year that we could have easily lost and this clouded our view. I knew it would catch up with us. I figured we'd make that sloppy error at a critical point tonight and lose a close one. But it hit us in the jaw and dropped us tonight with all the wheels coming off.

Folks, it is time for Bo to go. I have mostly supported him but this season has not been one where brilliant football has been on display. The fact that we have him here as a defensive genius and this defense has regressed tremendously is the breaking point for me. The Blackshirts tradition does not deserve this nor do the fans. That TD before the half...one of the worst defensive efforts I have seen this year. Probably the worst since the hail-mary pass vs. So. Carolina in the last year's bowl game. Both under Bo Pelini. Wisky ran a jet sweep and then run plays up the middle which our defense couldn't handle because of shifts in formation. Two F'N run plays!! And we could not stop it all night and give up the worst rushing yards in school history!

There are some decent openings in the SEC right now. Let's shake Bo's hand and let him go there with dignity but he must go.

• Fire 1

Who to get, accountability? I would take Chris Petersen in a heartbeat. Heartbeat.

So would I. No disagreement there whatsoever. Does he come here?

That's the question at hand here sir. Who actually accepts an offer after we fire a coach that hasnt won less than 9 wins in 5 years?

That's why Urban meyer probably laughed in Steve Pedersens face after Solich was fired, and Solich being fired was probably a lot more logical than firing Bo at this point.

accountability, I don't know the answer to that. I doubt it's as clear-cut as you make it out--that firing a 9-win coach makes us blacklisted among all potential coaches. Who would have though LSU would have lost Saban to Bama? Who would have thought Urban Meyer would have ducked out of the UF gig due to "medical problems", only to come back two years later to take over OSU? Money changes a lot of things--both are being paid royally and were signed to historically high pay with their contracts. We could get Petersen--not a guarantee, but it's not a ridiculous proposition. Depends on what Eichorst wants to do there.

Maybe we will get lucky and he will take another job somewhere else. Open up the check book and pay a proven head coach. Make them an offer they can't not refuse.

Osborne was not a proven Head Coach. Solich was not a proven head coach. Bill Callahan was a proven head coach. What proven Head coach would accept any sort of offer after firing a coach with no less than 9 wins/year in 5 years?

This is not the 70/80/90's. This is the year 2012 where Nebraska hasn't been relevant for 15 years. Who have we beaten in the last 5 years that we shouldn't have beaten? How many times have we been embarrassed in the last 5 years. Hell we are a couple plays away from being 5-7 and not 10-2. Money talks and you can pay someone a crap ton of money to come resurrect a top 5 wins program in college football history. I don't want to watch miracle come backs to beat the likes of 5-7 MSU and Northwestern. It's time we stop pretending that we are relevant.

First, Wisconsin played great, smart football so give them credit. I had Wisconsin winning a close game (check the score predictions).

Why did I think Wisky would win? Because I have seen all of our games this year and we are a slow/weak no tackling defense, a turnover prone offense, crappy special teams, and in general a very sloppy football team all around. We all know we won multiple games this year that we could have easily lost and this clouded our view. I knew it would catch up with us. I figured we'd make that sloppy error at a critical point tonight and lose a close one. But it hit us in the jaw and dropped us tonight with all the wheels coming off.

Folks, it is time for Bo to go. I have mostly supported him but this season has not been one where brilliant football has been on display. The fact that we have him here as a defensive genius and this defense has regressed tremendously is the breaking point for me. The Blackshirts tradition does not deserve this nor do the fans. That TD before the half...one of the worst defensive efforts I have seen this year. Probably the worst since the hail-mary pass vs. So. Carolina in the last year's bowl game. Both under Bo Pelini. Wisky ran a jet sweep and then run plays up the middle which our defense couldn't handle because of shifts in formation. Two F'N run plays!! And we could not stop it all night and give up the worst rushing yards in school history!

There are some decent openings in the SEC right now. Let's shake Bo's hand and let him go there with dignity but he must go.

I would have been fine with a close loss, but this was just stupid and pathetic on our parts.

Beck is a joke. Big deal about his offense scoreing lots of points against nobodies... The problem is its all finesse.. His refusal to take anything from the defense, is part of the problem.. The defense will always be fresh, and thats because he has built most of his offense around a rabbit.. He wastes the weight room, the power, and speed of Nebraska by running a fad called the spread offense...Its a freakinng joke!! Him and Bo chose to ignore Tom, and this is what happens

Beck runs a finesse offense with its bread and butter based on the power toss sweep? What world are you living in? :lol:

How many power sweeps did we run tonite?? and how many times did Taylor line up in the spread offense? and how many times did the Bugs Bunny Taylor run the ball? I bet he lined up in the spread offense a helluva lot more than he did in the I formation.. it depends on how often you line up in a power formation or a finesse formation, and actually run given plays...What planet were you watching from or what were you smoking to think Beck is into power football? I am sick of finesse, and I am sick of the other team's defense always staying fresh.. Beck never takes the defense's legs or will away.. To Beck?... Its just like basketball. whoever scores the most, wins.

Beck is a joke. Big deal about his offense scoreing lots of points against nobodies... The problem is its all finesse.. His refusal to take anything from the defense, is part of the problem.. The defense will always be fresh, and thats because he has built most of his offense around a rabbit.. He wastes the weight room, the power, and speed of Nebraska by running a fad called the spread offense...Its a freakinng joke!! Him and Bo chose to ignore Tom, and this is what happens

Beck runs a finesse offense with its bread and butter based on the power toss sweep? What world are you living in? :lol:

How many power sweeps did we run tonite?? and how many times did Taylor line up in the spread offense? and how many times did the Bugs Bunny Taylor run the ball? I bet he lined up in the spread offense a helluva lot more than he did in the I formation.. it depends on how often you line up in a power formation or a finesse formation, and actually run given plays...What planet were you watching from or what were you smoking to think Beck is into power football? I am sick of finesse, and I am sick of the other team's defense always staying fresh.. Beck never takes the defense's legs or will away.. To Beck?... Its just like basketball. whoever scores the most, wins.

Beck runs some power, but I agree his offense is mostly finesse--it's 70% Oregon offense, 30% Wisconsin, with neither of the effectiveness

We don't run that many zone reads. That's the Oregon offense, but here it's a change-up. Our passing game isn't a spread the field, short passes with YAC. We grind the ball on the ground when we can and try to hit teams over the top with some deep playaction passing. We couldn't establish the run game tonight, though. They shut that down pretty hard. And once we got down big, we had to start going to the air, but without a viable threat from our ground game, we couldn't beat them that way.

Our offense under Taylor hinges on forcing defenses to commit to stopping the run. If we do that he can hit them over the top and hurt defenses in a lot of different ways. But if we can't, and get down big...it can be tough. Sometime Taylor will be hot and fire lasers; other times he'll be cold, and then the offense shuts down.

Give credit to the Wisky D. Not a lot of teams that could have stopped our ground game like they did.

This is not the 70/80/90's. This is the year 2012 where Nebraska hasn't been relevant for 15 years. Who have we beaten in the last 5 years that we shouldn't have beaten? How many times have we been embarrassed in the last 5 years. Hell we are a couple plays away from being 5-7 and not 10-2. Money talks and you can pay someone a crap ton of money to come resurrect a top 5 wins program in college football history. I don't want to watch miracle come backs to beat the likes of 5-7 MSU and Northwestern. It's time we stop pretending that we are relevant.

Agree with you completely. I'm sick of the "nobody would want to come here now" argument. Look at Alabama before they got Saban--they were also a once-proud, once-dominant program that had gone through several mediocre coaches. Then they hired Saban and the rest is history. LSU was a middling mediocre program until they hired Saban, and away then went. NU still has the name recognition to be destination job for a top coach--but he WILL require A LOT of money to come here.

"fire 1 of the only 4 coaches in the history of college football to win 9+ games in his first 5 seasons."

Nuff said.

If that is your argument then shouldn't we expect more than getting beat by 40 points by a 7-5 team that was the third best in their division. You would think such a HOF coach such as Bo would prepare our Skers to play better than one of the most embarrassing losses in our program's history.