Coaching Changes?

The problem with the offense is that our line has very little talent. And are not coached all that well. The scheme is not bad. Plenty of power looks.

Think about this a second. We have 26 linemen listed on Huskers.com. 26, and our starting 3 on the interior (until jackson got hurt) are walk-ons. We have massive problems recruiting linemen. We have not had amazing talent on the line since we fired Tenopir. And the coaches since the hall of famer have been Cotton, Wagner and Cotton again.

I think there is some OL talent present from our recruiting classes. It's just that they are not being developed as they should be. After 5 years under Bo's tenure I see some progress, but too liitle too late. Garrison has helped some, but Barney is a boat anchor for us at this position. We will never be consistent or develop talent in the players as it should be in the trenches under his guidance.

The problem with the offense is that our line has very little talent. And are not coached all that well. The scheme is not bad. Plenty of power looks.

Think about this a second. We have 26 linemen listed on Huskers.com. 26, and our starting 3 on the interior (until jackson got hurt) are walk-ons. We have massive problems recruiting linemen. We have not had amazing talent on the line since we fired Tenopir. And the coaches since the hall of famer have been Cotton, Wagner and Cotton again.

I think there is some OL talent present from our recruiting classes. It's just that they are not being developed as they should be. After 5 years under Bo's tenure I see some progress, but too liitle too late. Garrison has helped some, but Barney is a boat anchor for us at this position. We will never be consistent or develop talent in the players as it should be in the trenches under his guidance.

The biggest issue being the S&C our line doesn't look big and mean. They look fluffy.

The biggest issue being the S&C our line doesn't look big and mean. They look fluffy.

There is a S/C problem with both lines. The staff knows this and it will be looked at in the off season. With that being said, Barny is a doofus and needs to go. He has never been even an average coach. The "nebraska way" good old boy school of thought needs to stop protecting guys like this. Beck had to take over the scheming and calling of the OLs from him and that was the improvement that you saw. The problem was that he made it as simple as he could and our OL still couldn't execute. That is a recruiting problem, and that falls on Barney too. But by playing three walk ons's highlights that problem without much in depth analysis needed.

For you people that like to blame Beck for our problems (I don't understand it when it's Bo's defense that has let us down all year) but he's interviewing for the UTEP job this week.

"fire 1 of the only 4 coaches in the history of college football to win 9+ games in his first 5 seasons."

Nuff said.

Actually it's not. There is still a wide gap between us and the elite teams and that gap hasn't closed. The sad part is these face stompings aren't to the top 5 teams in the country like Osborne's was.

Does Bo run a respectable program and make his players better men? Check. Do other teams who once dominated have tough years? Check. Has college football changed and made it harder for NU to win (scholarship restrictions, demographics, money)? Check. Does it suck when we get beat like that? Check. Do people go overboard based on individual game performances? Check.

Listen, I'm not happy about the coaching during this game (reminded me of the Callahan/stoops match up in the big12 title game), but I'm not going to pretend I know more the Bo or Osborne. Bo's name repeatedly gets brought up for job openings, and I don't even think he's looking. Why is that? Listen, we are going lose some games, but you can't look at one game. The team fought and played with passion this season, and when they weren't turning the ball over, had potential. But ultimately, the players are graduating, have good grades, are going to be productive members of society, and win 9+ games. That's not bad. Sure It would be nice for it to be more then that, but it's not that easy. Everyone want to win. Few constantly do.

It' is idiotic to compare an 21-7 loss to an 70-31 loss and say that the bad coaching was comparable. Bo was MUCH WORSE last night than Callahan was on that night and it's not even close. Oh yea, we are only graduating 69% of our players now, so that has fallen off too.

How has Els been a great RC??? This fine top 10 class he has assembled?

Did a terrific job in the offseason. Turned around our recruiting and was the reason why you had so many people stoked about it.

Once the season hit though, that full head of steam may have cooled off. I think giving ST duties to somebody else could be helpful in that regard, but who knows?

There is a S/C problem with both lines. The staff knows this and it will be looked at in the off season. With that being said, Barny is a doofus and needs to go. He has never been even an average coach. The "nebraska way" good old boy school of thought needs to stop protecting guys like this. Beck had to take over the scheming and calling of the OLs from him and that was the improvement that you saw. The problem was that he made it as simple as he could and our OL still couldn't execute. That is a recruiting problem, and that falls on Barney too. But by playing three walk ons's highlights that problem without much in depth analysis needed.

For you people that like to blame Beck for our problems (I don't understand it when it's Bo's defense that has let us down all year) but he's interviewing for the UTEP job this week.

I Agree. I would hate to see Beck go. It would set this program back even further. Offensive production ( over all) has been one of the few bright spots this year. The worse case scenario would be Barney getting the OC position which would be very doubtful, but Bo advances from within. I might have to stop watching college football if that happens.

Beck goes to UTEP, i will not complain one bit. Only downside is we hire some other guy with even less experience

How exactly do you know we would not get interest from any of these coaches. I do not think you do. It is your opinion. Nothing more, not ingraved in stone one way or another. If Peterson will go to Arkansas, he most likely would come to Nebraska.

I am not saying fire anyone, I am not really qualified to say who is at fault. But I will say quit blaming the kids, they give it their all every game I think. But we pay coaches a lot of money to do their jobs, and for some of you, that means winning games, not 9 or 10, but games that bring pride to this program. This staff has not done that since the Arizona game.

You can call this a great season, we have won 10 games and to some that is the magic number of greatness. This has been a good season because the kids have overcome what I feel is very poor coaching at every level. In spite of them.

As Polo says this fan base deserves better than the performance we got tonight, not from the kids but from the staff. The staff should know what went wrong and know it instantly. Having no idea after embarassing losses is not acceptable.

We the fans pay for this product, and the amount of money put into this product should give us a good product to great product. We do not have that.

How many times are you able to answer questions about what went wrong right AFTER it happened and you're shell shocked as to what happened on the field because you thought you were prepared?

Obviously what went wrong was we didn't play defense. Why did that go wrong? Because we didn't execute.

How has Els been a great RC??? This fine top 10 class he has assembled?

Did a terrific job in the offseason. Turned around our recruiting and was the reason why you had so many people stoked about it.

Once the season hit though, that full head of steam may have cooled off. I think giving ST duties to somebody else could be helpful in that regard, but who knows?

This year looks a heck of a lot like last season in terms of results. We don't emphasis recruiting like the big boys do

People really need to stop with this 9+ win garbage argument. Bo has played in the BigXII North when it blew and a terrible B1G. His 9 wins are padded by 3 non BCS schools that blow. He also plays 13-14 games a year. Used to play more like 11. All that matters to me is BCS competition and W/L against top 25 teams. Both f which have been average and that is generous. We are Nebraska. We put too much money etc into this program and are currently Frank Solich 2.0! Always saying oh we got this one recruit that is a stud and will turn this baby around only to realize everyone else is pedestrian and we skate by.

A comparable number to 9 wins a season in today's scheduling format would be 11 wins a season roughly. We are average and it is hidden by the competition we face.

These Ohio guys went out and did it their way,,,,, they chose to ignore Tom Osborne, by being a spread team.... This is deserving of them.

Oh great, it's you again....

If you and your band of derpers take the board over, I won't be here for much longer.

Well if you think things are fine and dandy with Nebraska, maybe you should open your eyes,. The Iowa game alone should have clued you in. But go ahead and stick your head in the sand, and pretend all is well with this Ohio bunch....Because its not. There are major isssues going on with Nebraska, and none of you see it, because The Big 10 as a whole stinks..

If somebody thinks things are fine and dandy, you're right -- they have their heads in the sand. But firing the guy who has won 9 or 10 games in each of his first 5 seasons as head coach would be an epicly horrible move.

I've said all year that we don't have the personnel on our defense to be good. The fact that we were able to lead the nation in passing defense says a LOT about how great of a job our defensive staff did coaching these guys up. Next year, we will start to see our freshmen D-Linemen and LBs, and a couple other guys should be able to plug the holes effectively in the secondary (J. Rose, Charles Jackson, Harvey Jackson, Cooper).

This group will be fine. They will continue to get better. What you saw out there on defense was a direct result of how underwhelming Bo's first couple of recruiting classes were. He has made improvements there, but it will take some time to start seeing better athletes on the field.

Current class rank #32

2012 class #25

2011 class #15

2010 class #22

2009 class #28

2008 class #30

A closer look 2008

1 five star OT played DT

2 four star only 1 contributed and is on team

A closer look 2009

5 four stars only 2 contributed Green,Williams, Washington MIA

A closer look 2010

8 four stars

- 2 JUCOs gone

-1 never made it

-4 of them currently play

A closer look 2011

11 four stars

-4 never made it/transfers

-1 JUCO graduating this year

-1 passed up by walk ons and all other scholarship DT's

-5 have potential or have played

A closer look 2012

6 four stars

-2 JUCO injured or buried on depth chart

-4 with potential

NO CHANGES. Changes in responsibility, it's apparent that one of our coaches has too much on his plate, and that needs to be addressed.

But since when is Nebraska a revolving door for coaches? There is a tried and true formula for success here, and that is consistency. Devaney proved it. TO proved it.

You realize that great schools like Alabama and Notre Dame were revolving doors for a while and one of them will be national champs this year.