Coaching Changes?

Here is the problem in a nut shell. How many of you at work are in a management or supervisory position. Or even "senior" in your current job. How many of you are brand new and starting out?

Bottom line, companies are staffed with experienced people. Law Enforcement and the military the same way. A brand new corporal can go the Sgt for advise, based upon years of experience. Same with a brand new Lt, go to the Cpt or Maj etc....... This staff, BO included have no one to go to. Theoretically, people know who has experience and who they can go to for advise and wise counsel.

I can assure you, under TO, if a team came out with some crazy game plan ie Wisky, McBride and Co would have adjusted. Why? Experience. Would TO have shifted to a different O to counter. Absoulutely. Why? Experience. Do teams with experienced coaches do better with less? Yes, IMO. Why. They do not have to try and learn and teach and implement. They already know their job. They do not have to learn it on the fly and try to teach and coach kids up at the same time.

I would guess that Beck/Paps/Els spend the majority of their time trying to "learn" their jobs leaving less time to teach. has Martinez improved? Yes. Why? He hired a coach to help him. beck and Co to busy to teach OUR QB how to get better. This should be a huge red flag that guys are in over their heads.

Experience brings a sense of calm to those around them under fire. Paps and Beck look to Bo for answers and he, based on lack of experience, really had none. Joseph looks to Paps, hell Els look to Paps and same result. Cotton, who has never coached the spread looks to Beck, with less experience and gets no answer. Garrison, former Husker, has never coached spread. He looks to Beck and again, no answers.

Last night showed, not a lack of talent (Bell, Enunwa, Rex, AA, Martinez, Reed etc, Evans, Compton, Stafford) but a complete failure on the experience of this staff. They had no answers across the board for anything. Had no experience to fall back on. No, oh I have been here or seen this before. Just shell shocked and lost.

If experience is the answer to our problems, then wouldn't logic hold that the more experienced this staff gets, the better they'll get? Therefore, perhaps the best thing to do is to keep everyone in the same position so they keep gaining experience? How many head coaches with more experience would we be able to hire right now?

Papuchis should be either fired or demoted to position coach. Bo needs to either take over primary D-coordinator duties himself and just let Beck do everything with the offense, or go hire a outside guy for D-coordinator.

Pap is already demoted, he just has a glorified job title. If you don't think that Bo isn't already in charge of the D, then you are sadly mistaken.

Here is the problem in a nut shell. How many of you at work are in a management or supervisory position. Or even "senior" in your current job. How many of you are brand new and starting out?

Bottom line, companies are staffed with experienced people. Law Enforcement and the military the same way. A brand new corporal can go the Sgt for advise, based upon years of experience. Same with a brand new Lt, go to the Cpt or Maj etc....... This staff, BO included have no one to go to. Theoretically, people know who has experience and who they can go to for advise and wise counsel.

I can assure you, under TO, if a team came out with some crazy game plan ie Wisky, McBride and Co would have adjusted. Why? Experience. Would TO have shifted to a different O to counter. Absoulutely. Why? Experience. Do teams with experienced coaches do better with less? Yes, IMO. Why. They do not have to try and learn and teach and implement. They already know their job. They do not have to learn it on the fly and try to teach and coach kids up at the same time.

I would guess that Beck/Paps/Els spend the majority of their time trying to "learn" their jobs leaving less time to teach. has Martinez improved? Yes. Why? He hired a coach to help him. beck and Co to busy to teach OUR QB how to get better. This should be a huge red flag that guys are in over their heads.

Experience brings a sense of calm to those around them under fire. Paps and Beck look to Bo for answers and he, based on lack of experience, really had none. Joseph looks to Paps, hell Els look to Paps and same result. Cotton, who has never coached the spread looks to Beck, with less experience and gets no answer. Garrison, former Husker, has never coached spread. He looks to Beck and again, no answers.

Last night showed, not a lack of talent (Bell, Enunwa, Rex, AA, Martinez, Reed etc, Evans, Compton, Stafford) but a complete failure on the experience of this staff. They had no answers across the board for anything. Had no experience to fall back on. No, oh I have been here or seen this before. Just shell shocked and lost.

If experience is the answer to our problems, then wouldn't logic hold that the more experienced this staff gets, the better they'll get? Therefore, perhaps the best thing to do is to keep everyone in the same position so they keep gaining experience? How many head coaches with more experience would we be able to hire right now?

The gist was that we have no one with any real experience. IIRC, Paps was a grad assistant in 2007 with Bo and then followed him to NU. The dude is now the DC. Glorified title or not. That happens like no where.

Beck was the passing coordinator at KU. What exactly is that? When he was the RB coach did he really develop anyone? Helu and Rex and then.........nobody. No depth. No one ready the next year save Rex.

Els. None

Brown, tons

Cotton, couldn't tell by looking at his product, but again is his experience in what we want to run.

Garrison, no

Fish, no, but an incredibly bright spot.

Joseph, yes coached with Bo at LSU (Grad asst and has coached secondary since 2007)

You need to get young guys in and grow them. My point, is there anyone on this staff that even has enough experience to teach anyone? Players and/or staff.

We are too young (inexperienced) from top to bottom.

I agree with the thought of making assistant changes. I think back to Solich after the 7-7 season. He made some tough decisions on some close friends but the next year, we won 10 games.

I don't agree with getting rid of Bo. I shutter every time I think back to the last time the Huskers fired a coach with a .700 win percentage

Yeah let's just hang out in the mediocrity pool....we can't do better. Defeatism at its finest. We are Nebraska and we deserve better. Our defensive guru couldn't figure out how to stop a crappy offense last night

I agree with the thought of making assistant changes. I think back to Solich after the 7-7 season. He made some tough decisions on some close friends but the next year, we won 10 games.

I don't agree with getting rid of Bo. I shutter every time I think back to the last time the Huskers fired a coach with a .700 win percentage

That was the damn shame of Frank firing. I still really know if it was the right thing or not and maybe before that 2002 season, he wasn't the right man for the job, but he sure was willing to cut ties with long held friendships to save the program and look at where it got him?

Bo doesn't need to be fired, he needs to fire some of his assistant coaches and his D.C. If he can get the right people around him, he'll be successful.

Do you actually think he'd fire his buddies?

I'd be shocked.

He already has, hasn't he? Watson, Carl?

Carl was fired? He went to a head coaching gig in the best state for recruiting. Watson yes, but that took a lot of bad performances to get him to finally pull the trigger.

Bo doesn't need to be fired, he needs to fire some of his assistant coaches and his D.C. If he can get the right people around him, he'll be successful.

Do you actually think he'd fire his buddies?

I'd be shocked.

He already has, hasn't he? Watson, Carl?

Watson wasn't really "his" guy, and that was a mutually agreed upon departure. Carl took a head coaching position.