Coaching Changes?

2009 - We weren't even supposed to compete, lose by a second

2010 - Come in evenly matched, jump out to 17-0 lead early, piss it away and lose 23-20

2012 - 6 game winning streak, favored to beat the fifth place team we already beat this year, put up the single worst defensive performance in the history of the program

I almost hate to see how Pelini's next conference title game goes, they seem to be getting worse every time. Something needs to be done, he is regressing badly. Even if Pelini put up a 6 win season this year I'd say give him one more chance. It is clear though that his staff needs some work if he is to keep his job. I'd start with the offensive line and defensive coordinator. Who even hires a 34 year-old who is 5 years removed from a GA position to be defensive coordinator anyways?

"Our money" :dunno

You go to games? Buy husker gear? How do you think the AD gets all of its money?

Pathetic. You are getting closer to that Troll status again. .

Because I don't want our AD to waste money on creating a job for a coach that has underperformed now in two stints at NU??? You think we should make him a job??? Haven't we paid him enough for his job?

You go to games? Buy husker gear? How do you think the AD gets all of its money?

Yeah, that 65$ polo, and that 4$ runza. yeah. Barney will be devastated.

You think Barney deserves an office in North Stadium? He is a below average at best coach twice here and has made fat paychecks. We don't need him to suck on the teet any longer

I am with Zoogies. We have seen enough this year to know we can do better with what we have. The only questions are what changes, if any need to be made? What aspects need to be refined?

We would be fools to get rid of Bo and everyone. Fools, I say.

Tweaking should do it. I hope Bo and Co. are thinking the same way. Let's find the answers and watch the magic happen. We have the tools, though I do think our lines need to improve. I like what I see coming up. Especially Imani Cross. That is a man to watch!

Because I don't want our AD to waste money on creating a job for a coach that has underperformed now in two stints at NU??? You think we should make him a job??? Haven't we paid him enough for his job?

Well first you haven't paid him a single dime. and second the AD dept doesn't give a f#*k about your opinion about the coaching staff, but just go ahead and keep acting like a little kid that can't get his way.

On the subjects of recruiting and overall program philosophy. I think we are doing it backwards for the most part. Osborne knew what would work, and what wouldn't. Run the ball. Stop the run. Keep the defense off the field. Recruit freaks to play defense, athletes at QB, WRs that block better than they catch, and run an offense that most teams don't see very often.

We have never and will never bring in Johnny Golden Arm, and very rarely will we get many Irving Fryars (nothing against Bell and Turner). But, we can get Steinkuhler, Rimington, Weigert, Graham, Hochstein, etc; some of the best dadgum lineman college football has ever seen. At least we could. What happened to the Pipeline? I could be wrong, but I just don't think we're putting enough emphasis there. You'll never find a Heisman in the trenches, but every coach worth his salt knows that's where games are won and lost. Sure they put a good game together every now and then, Mizzou '10 as an example. But last night and vs. Iowa, they looked pretty bad - none of these guys would see any playing time on a '90's team.

I like Burkhead and Abdullah. Cross is a guy most of us drool over. But, we were Runningback U. as much as we were O Lineman U. Ross was tough, and Helu was a scrappy back, but since Ahman, have we really had anyone stand out at this position?

One would think a guy like Pelini would understand this. We look slow on defense, last night, and even vs. Michigan. We got an interception, and our DB was almost ran down by an O-Lineman! We need to do whatever it takes to get destroyers like the Peter Bros, Wistrom, Suh, Glover, at the DL; Farley, Demario, David, Ruud INSTEAD of spending time and money going after whatever flashy QB or WR.

The debacle in Indy proves the old axiom: Offense wins games (close comeback wins), defense wins championships (UW played great defense, we didn't).

Well first you haven't paid him a single dime. and second the AD dept doesn't give a f#*k about your opinion about the coaching staff, but just go ahead and keep acting like a little kid that can't get his way.

Barney is that you?!?

JP didn't deserve the promotion. And as others have said Pelini probably is the main guy working with the D. But we need to keep in mind that the fact that we just gave up 70 points this late in the season shows how bad we are on D. We like to think we got so much better after Ohio State killed us, but in reality we were playing some of the worst offenses in the nation.

MSU- 109th in points forced. They scored 24 points on us, which was there 3rd best point total. Eastern Michigan held them to less and they are 114th right now in points giving up

Michigan- 58th in points forced. Dennard went down right away and Belemy was straight up awful. We contained Dennard for awhile, but had he stayed in they would have scored in the 20's or 30's.

Penn State- 57th in points forced. Immobile qb who we usually eat for dinner. Not this time.

Minnesota- over 100th in every offensive category except rushing yards.

Iowa- over 100th in EVERY offensive category and it was a -15 wind chill with 30 mph gusts. They score 17-20 on a normal day.

Moral of my post, our defense did not magically get better after the OSU game, we had the weak offensive part of our schedule again, only for Wisconsin to prove it last night. Usually we do improve toward the end of the year, so this was shocking, but none the less this defensive guru has a lot of explaining to do. Hell they were going to run out the clock for half and they end up breaking a huge run and score. They had 56 or 63 points with 9 minutes left in the third quarter, the third quarter!!! You could also tell in the 4th they got very vanilla will play calling. Not shifting like they were, just straight hand off up the middle, and they were still breaking off huge runs, and that Montee run with the stiff arm on ciante pretty much summed up the night.

I think the consensus is clear.

We need to rebuild our O and D lines.

We need to emphasize speed in the linebackers.

I think Martin's a slight bright spot, but he's going to be leaving, and then what?

What of that whole rotational thing we did for a while on O line? Keep guys fresh? Do that until we establish a top O and D line.

Yeah, that 65$ polo, and that 4$ runza. yeah. Barney will be devastated.

You think Barney deserves an office in North Stadium? He is a below average at best coach twice here and has made fat paychecks. We don't need him to suck on the teet any longer

No, but Barney, per my understanding, gets along well with boosters. Would be good to use him as an ambassador to help the AD keep the money rolling in. Barney is a Nebraska man, and he bleeds Scarlet and Cream. I mean, for f**ks sake, Barney himself would have strapped on pads and gotten out there on Saturday if he could. He'll run through walls for this program.

And while I don't care for his product on the field, I don't question his loyalties or his passion. Considering we have a new AD starting is less than a month (officially...), I would think someone to schmooze the boosters and bridge the gap would be necessary...

Recruit corners to play safety, safeties to play LB, and LB's to play ends. Then go out and recruit any kid that is halfway athletic and close to 280-300. Problem solved. I love Compton, but god damn he is slow. Whaley looks lost out there all the time. Fisher is a tweener, and I hvae no idea what position he is made for.