Coaching Changes?

Yes, that's been rumored for a while now (Petersen to Arkansas). If Arkansas can get him, u really expect me to believe our program can't???

I agree with you...we could get him if we want. You go out and get the best coach. Many thought that Petersen was not attainable...I was not one of them.

Yes, that's been rumored for a while now (Petersen to Arkansas). If Arkansas can get him, u really expect me to believe our program can't???

I agree with you...we could get him if we want. You go out and get the best coach. Many thought that Petersen was not attainable...I was not one of them.

If you shoot low, you get what you deserve. Like I said earlier, fans at Bama could have said "how are we gonna get anyone good when we keep cycling through coaches? Remember all the stability we had when Bear Bryant was here? We need to give a coach time like Bryant had!". No, instead of wringing their hands about how making a change might "damage the program", they realize their program was already mediocre at best and went out and threw a TON of money at a master coach.

• Fire 1

"fire 1 of the only 4 coaches in the history of college football to win 9+ games in his first 5 seasons."

Nuff said.

Actually it's not. There is still a wide gap between us and the elite teams and that gap hasn't closed. The sad part is these face stompings aren't to the top 5 teams in the country like Osborne's was.

Does Bo run a respectable program and make his players better men? Check. Do other teams who once dominated have tough years? Check. Has college football changed and made it harder for NU to win (scholarship restrictions, demographics, money)? Check. Does it suck when we get beat like that? Check. Do people go overboard based on individual game performances? Check.

Listen, I'm not happy about the coaching during this game (reminded me of the Callahan/stoops match up in the big12 title game), but I'm not going to pretend I know more the Bo or Osborne. Bo's name repeatedly gets brought up for job openings, and I don't even think he's looking. Why is that? Listen, we are going lose some games, but you can't look at one game. The team fought and played with passion this season, and when they weren't turning the ball over, had potential. But ultimately, the players are graduating, have good grades, are going to be productive members of society, and win 9+ games. That's not bad. Sure It would be nice for it to be more then that, but it's not that easy. Everyone want to win. Few constantly do.

Sorry but this program has won 5 national championships. We didn't win those by being mediocre. It's not about losing its how we lose those games. Actually too many coaches know more than Bo and he never learns from these beatings. There should be a standard and shouldn't expect any less.

i dont know what has to change... no expect and dont try ack like one on message board but something has to be done..... we gotta finish.... we get our confidence and ask da hot chick out to da prom and then we cant seem to close the deal... to top it all off the chicks ex. boyfriend always seems to show up at the dance and f'ing false crack us at da dance in front of everyone knocking us out cold in front of everyone........

we got to find a away to not get knocked out.... lets not make our season of miracle finishes lets go out and kick ass on a consistent basis... if anything id say lose some of the assistants and keep Bo....

If Papuchis is just "Bo's play signaller" as people on here claim, then get rid of him and hire a GA for 75,000 a year to signal plays. Do you really think Papuchis is getting paid 6 figures to signal plays that come into his headset??

Ok. I hear'ya. Now let's flip. If Beck's 100% responsible for the offense. and Papuchis is 100% responsible for the defense, then let's fire Bo and hire a GA for 75,000 a year to sit in the big chair.

Obviously Papuchis's responsibilies are more than just signaling. But Bo is the ultimate brain behind the defense.

There is no excuse for a veteran defensive line to get pushed around like this, except there is a problem with coaching, or your guys arent buying into the vision you are trying to coach them. Same goes for the linebackers, but to that defense, most of our starting linebackers were spread linebackers and coverage guys, not run stopping guys. We have new talent that needs to be developed with the linebackers. But there is no excuse on the defensive line, those guys were good at defending against the run and got pressure on the QB. That's gone, and in order for our defense to improve, it starts with improving defensive line play.

I say get rid of Kaz now, and give Els till conference play next season to show a major improvement with the linebackers.

i understand what you're saying but its only kaz first year and he's probably just teaching it the way bo tells him too, he's got some you talent coming up i'd say give him a couple year

If Papuchis is just "Bo's play signaller" as people on here claim, then get rid of him and hire a GA for 75,000 a year to signal plays. Do you really think Papuchis is getting paid 6 figures to signal plays that come into his headset??

Ok. I hear'ya. Now let's flip. If Beck's 100% responsible for the offense. and Papuchis is 100% responsible for the defense, then let's fire Bo and hire a GA for 75,000 a year to sit in the big chair.

Obviously Papuchis's responsibilies are more than just signaling. But Bo is the ultimate brain behind the defense.

Most teams have a full time OC and full time DC. The HC doesn't just have a head coaching title and then act like a coordinator behind the curtain. Are you saying bobby bowden was an expendable body during FSU's rise to greatness?

Bo is the "ultimate brain" behind everything, not just the defense. HE is the one that wanted a spread-option offense when he came to NU, not the West-Coast stuff that Callahan had. He was willing to continue it his first year because that's what his offensive returning starters including Joe Ganz were used to.

HE is the one that so desperately wanted a dual-threat QB, that he forced TMart into the starting role from Martinez's redshirt freshman year day 1.

HE is the one that fired Shawn Watson.

So Bo is NOT just a phantom D-coordinator. He oversees the whole operation, which is what head coaches do. The fact that he is a previous D-coordinator doesn't mean he's still the D-coordinator now. Papuchis should be fired.

Most teams have a full time OC and full time DC. The HC doesn't just have a head coaching title and then act like a coordinator behind the curtain. Are you saying bobby bowden was an expendable body during FSU's rise to greatness?

Bo is the "ultimate brain" behind everything, not just the defense. HE is the one that wanted a spread-option offense when he came to NU, not the West-Coast stuff that Callahan had. He was willing to continue it his first year because that's what his offensive returning starters including Joe Ganz were used to.

HE is the one that so desperately wanted a dual-threat QB, that he forced TMart into the starting role from Martinez's redshirt freshman year day 1.

So Bo is NOT just a phantom D-coordinator. He oversees the whole operation, which is what head coaches do. The fact that he is a previous D-coordinator doesn't mean he's still the D-coordinator now. Papuchis should be fired.

Exactly. I mean look at Michigan. Established DC and OC and Hoke walks around without a headset for half the game. Result: 8-4...oops.

Exactly. I mean look at Michigan. Established DC and OC and Hoke walks around without a headset for half the game. Result: 8-4...oops.

So you chose Michigan as your example, instead of say, Ohio St, Bama, LSU, Oklahoma, etc? Yep, best not to let facts get in the way of a good argument.

The new AD will keep Bo into the next season. When Bo implodes next year ( not if ) , he will be on the hot seat. 50-50 he will be fired next year. Up until now I wouldn't say that Bo woulld be fired , but the Wisconsin loss was epic! Very embarrassing because of the huge blowout to a 5 loss team in a big stage. Defensive line is a disaster. Something Bo is an expert on. Why don't premium D-linemen come to our program?! We need to pony up and get a good experienced head coach like what Ohio State did.