The block by Kenny Bell.

One of the best blocks I've seen all year. Hands down. Can't say enough about how great a block that was. Isn't the goal of football to knock the other player on their butt till they don't get up anymore? What has happened with college football? When I made those kind of hits in high school my coach would rewind the game film and use those type of hits as an example of how to play football. And the PF on Stafford was even worse. He made a typical tackle... It wasn't even a vicious hit. The plays ensuing the Bell hit really showed what type of character team Wisconsin really is. The slam on Taylor's head, the multiple late hits on Taylor on the very next play, and the other late hit where the Wisconsin player tried taking out Taylor's ankle 5 seconds after he threw the ball. Not to mention the helmet to helmet on Taylor as he was trying to get out of bounds. Disgusting display of class by Wisconsin. I'm sure they are proud of those personal fouls.

:laughpound

Great call on a violent hit.

Wisconsin didn't have a yellow jersey on the player, so how are we supposed to know which one of your guys are too dainty for full contact unless you dress them in one?

Martinez got a pile driver and he bounced up to finish the drive. You Wisconsin guys need to toughen up.

One of the best blocks I've seen all year. Hands down. Can't say enough about how great a block that was. Isn't the goal of football to knock the other player on their butt till they don't get up anymore? What has happened with college football? When I made those kind of hits in high school my coach would rewind the game film and use those type of hits as an example of how to play football. And the PF on Stafford was even worse. He made a typical tackle... It wasn't even a vicious hit. The plays ensuing the Bell hit really showed what type of character team Wisconsin really is. The slam on Taylor's head, the multiple late hits on Taylor on the very next play, and the other late hit where the Wisconsin player tried taking out Taylor's ankle 5 seconds after he threw the ball. Not to mention the helmet to helmet on Taylor as he was trying to get out of bounds. Disgusting display of class by Wisconsin. I'm sure they are proud of those personal fouls.

I knew you would be proud.

These things happen in games. Quit trying to make broad generalizations about teams. Wisconsin didn't throw a flag, the refs did.

If the tables were turned I may have some of the same complaints you do now but I wouldn't condem your entire team and question its character. That just makes a person look bad.

These things happen in games. Quit trying to make broad generalizations about teams. Wisconsin didn't throw a flag, the refs did.

If the tables were turned I may have some of the same complaints you do now but I wouldn't condem your entire team and question its character. That just makes a person look bad.

That's an answer I can respect Bucky. Well said. I am a wee bit cranky today my apologies.

If Kenny Bell can't do that, you might as well just play touch football. You can't block the guy below his waist, and you lead with your head, and now you can't hit the guy in his chest with your shoulder? What the hell is Kenny Bell supposed to do? What are coaches supposed to tell him? "Hey, Kenny, block that guy, but do it nice and gentle-like."

No worries.

Full disclosure: I'm a horrible fan and didn't watch the game...not a single game all night. I've had a long week working split shifts and didn't want to wake up at 430. When did this play occur?

Did it make a huge difference in momentum/demeanor?

No worries.

Full disclosure: I'm a horrible fan and didn't watch the game...not a single game all night. I've had a long week working split shifts and didn't want to wake up at 430. When did this play occur?

The game got pretty chippy for the next 15 minutes or so. Didn't change the momentum really - Nebraska still scored on the drive and the game was already well out of hand.

People here aren't mad because it changed the game, they're mad because it was a fantastic play by Bell and by Turner.

Yes, absolutely. We were afraid to make contact with any Wisconsin player after that, precluding any chance for the would have been inevitable comeback.

Seriously, I answered this question, albeit sarcastically, earlier in the thread. Did you read it? Or better yet, as my nephew just stated, if this particular call wasn't going to affect the outcome of the game, then why make it?

It was a great block and a BS call.

Probably cost you the game.

Well then, Monsignor, if we are only going to look at it from a "whether it cost us the game" perspective, then Kenny Bell should have finished his unfortunate victim off with a stomp. After all, it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game...right?...

Now if you have anything to add about the specific play and the resulting call, take time out from your trolling and contribute. Otherwise, go back under your bridge and wait for either the Biggest Bill Goat Gruff or Kenny Bell to show up knock you into the river.

A little sensitive Bowfin?

I made my comment on the play. I thought it was a legal hit and the penalty call was wrong. Did you read that?

I also commented on the irony that one play in this game is now a two page thread. Hmmm ...

Good luck in Orlando; I'll be rooting for you.

It was a great block and a BS call.

Probably cost you the game.

Well then, Monsignor, if we are only going to look at it from a "whether it cost us the game" perspective, then Kenny Bell should have finished his unfortunate victim off with a stomp. After all, it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game...right?...

Now if you have anything to add about the specific play and the resulting call, take time out from your trolling and contribute. Otherwise, go back under your bridge and wait for either the Biggest Bill Goat Gruff or Kenny Bell to show up knock you into the river.

A little sensitive Bowfin?

I made my comment on the play. I thought it was a legal hit and the penalty call was wrong. Did you read that?

I also commented on the irony that one play in this game is now a two page thread. Hmmm ...

Good luck in Orlando; I'll be rooting for you.

You won the game, congratulations. We can't and don't show up in big games, just how we play. I'll cheer for you in the Rose bowl even though Stanford will roll, just like Georgia will roll us and we can hear how bad the B1G was again all offseason. But the comment i bolded was sneaky trolling at it's finest. Remember you still have 5 losses and Jim Delaney and the entire Rose bowl officials are NOT excited Wisconsin is going there, regardless of what they say.