Dobson

I think Dobson is out of his league. I know that this isn't the 70's, 80's and even 90's where we had a distinct advantage in facitlities, but does it look like we are slower, weaker and less athletic than most of the teams that we play considering all 22 starters on both sides of the ball? Recruiting is a large piece of that puzzle, but do you see a lot of guys developing athletically year after year? We used to be the poster boy for developing small town Nebraska linemen into All Americans. Now I see some regression, especially on defense. I know that some will argue Long, Choi, Jackson (even Abdullah), but you have to ask yourself if that's actually a reason to argue that there's a regression in athletic development with Dobson. There are a lot of issues with this team if you are like me and you want to see the Huskers back contending for National Titles, but I believe it starts with Strenght and Conditioning and I don't feel that Dobson is taking boys and making them men in the weight room.

Selective memory. We've worn down almost every single team we've played this season and imposed our will in the second half, along with consistently having great success running the football on the edges of the field (where speed matters).

Yeah, but Landlord, look at our losses. Those are the only things that matter.

I see.

I think Dobson is out of his league. I know that this isn't the 70's, 80's and even 90's where we had a distinct advantage in facitlities, but does it look like we are slower, weaker and less athletic than most of the teams that we play considering all 22 starters on both sides of the ball? Recruiting is a large piece of that puzzle, but do you see a lot of guys developing athletically year after year? We used to be the poster boy for developing small town Nebraska linemen into All Americans. Now I see some regression, especially on defense. I know that some will argue Long, Choi, Jackson (even Abdullah), but you have to ask yourself if that's actually a reason to argue that there's a regression in athletic development with Dobson. There are a lot of issues with this team if you are like me and you want to see the Huskers back contending for National Titles, but I believe it starts with Strenght and Conditioning and I don't feel that Dobson is taking boys and making them men in the weight room.

c;mon man. We're very lucky to have Dobson. That is a fact.

• Fire 1

For what it's worth, Damon Benning on big red overreaction is questioning our conditioning big time. They looked completely worn out at Ohio State as well. I'm not impressed with our endurance or explosiveness in our linebackers and linemen. The skill guys all look good.

• Fire 1

I'd argue that the reason we came back in the end has more to do with talent than Strength and Conditioning. We stopped making mistakes. We have more talen in the skill positions than the teams that we beat. We recruited the talent, didn't develop it in the trenches where we used to take that for granted.

I'd love to be wrong. I just call it as I see it.

maybe some of the players just arent very good sometimes their isnt a weight room or a trainer in the world that fix that

Gotta agree, some guys have blown up with muscle and have made great strides to improve their physical condition, others have not made such moves. I like Dobson. Plus doesn't he also deal with injuries and the healing process with injured players?

c;mon man. We're very lucky to have Dobson. That is a fact.

We're way too slow on d. Wisconsin exposed it, as did UCLA and OSU. We're not explosive at Linebacker, Defensive end, DT, OT, you name it. There's a reason we got sacked so much tonight. And there's a reason we broke contain all night on D.

You're telling me that you can watch that game and be concerned about conditioning?

• You feel like Dobson can do something about not going down 20+ in the second quarter?
  • You feel like Dobson could field a defense that not be confused from snap one?
  • You feel like Dobson could take Stafford back to 6th grade and show him a pursuit angle?
  • You think Dobson could show the QB how to protect the ball?

I don't think Dobson's the issue IMO. IMO it has to do with playing a RE at DT and younger DT's who don't have experience or maturity yet to hold up. I think Bean is right. I think we don't have enough speed at RE and LB or in the secondary. On the jets our LB's were too slow to react and did not get in proper position. Dobson doesn't teach tackling or gap responsibility. Our secondary did not tackle well and did not take good angles. We overpursued.

You're telling me that you can watch that game and be concerned about conditioning?

• You feel like Dobson can do something about not going down 20+ in the second quarter?
  • You feel like Dobson could field a defense that not be confused from snap one?
  • You feel like Dobson could take Stafford back to 6th grade and show him a pursuit angle?
  • You think Dobson could show the QB how to protect the ball?

+1. Coaching is the biggest issue right now. The next is recruiting the right talent.

Steroids brah...

Don't live in denial. Either everyone does it now or Nebraska is clean...so that advantage is gone.

Also don't live in denial about the 80's and what happened in the 90's. 80's was impressive regular season records against crap competition and then constant bowl game losses to faster more athletic Florida teams in the Orange Bowl. 2-9 in the 80's against the top cometition. Then the 90's and Nebraska went rogue and got the fast "down south" guys.

That's what changed everything...not big fat roided up Nebraska farm boys.

If NU wants to get back to that one decade of dominance...they will have to find a way to get black SEC talent up to Lincoln...in a legal way. I doubt that ever happens again.