Dobson

Selective memory. We've worn down almost every single team we've played this season and imposed our will in the second half, along with consistently having great success running the football on the edges of the field (where speed matters).

Get outta here with your perspective and rationalism ;)

Dobson's "awards" be damned.

He's not getting the job done. Plain and simple.

The same can be said about all of our coaches.

Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water here...We have position coaches that are doing their jobs well--our strength and conditioning is on par with the best in the nation, our RBs are top shelf, our WRs are the best in conference, and our secondary is one of the best in the nation.

I'd hate to enact wholesale changes and gain progress in areas we're deficient, just to turn around and lose progress in the areas we do excel at.

Yes, changes need to be made...but they need to be surgical. We don't need a complete administrative and coaching vivisection of Nebraska again.

• Fire 1

Selective memory. We've worn down almost every single team we've played this season and imposed our will in the second half, along with consistently having great success running the football on the edges of the field (where speed matters).

It's true on offense but not on defense. Our defense is overall, slow. At every position group. And they were worn down by the 2nd quarter last night.

I think Dobson is out of his league. I know that this isn't the 70's, 80's and even 90's where we had a distinct advantage in facitlities, but does it look like we are slower, weaker and less athletic than most of the teams that we play considering all 22 starters on both sides of the ball? Recruiting is a large piece of that puzzle, but do you see a lot of guys developing athletically year after year? We used to be the poster boy for developing small town Nebraska linemen into All Americans. Now I see some regression, especially on defense. I know that some will argue Long, Choi, Jackson (even Abdullah), but you have to ask yourself if that's actually a reason to argue that there's a regression in athletic development with Dobson. There are a lot of issues with this team if you are like me and you want to see the Huskers back contending for National Titles, but I believe it starts with Strenght and Conditioning and I don't feel that Dobson is taking boys and making them men in the weight room.

Steroids brah...

Don't live in denial. Either everyone does it now or Nebraska is clean...so that advantage is gone.

Also don't live in denial about the 80's and what happened in the 90's. 80's was impressive regular season records against crap competition and then constant bowl game losses to faster more athletic Florida teams in the Orange Bowl. 2-9 in the 80's against the top cometition. Then the 90's and Nebraska went rogue and got the fast "down south" guys.

That's what changed everything...not big fat roided up Nebraska farm boys.

If NU wants to get back to that one decade of dominance...they will have to find a way to get black SEC talent up to Lincoln...in a legal way. I doubt that ever happens again.

'97 team says hi. Yes, the one with an offense of 100% Nebraska kids, brah.

Mackovickas. Kelsays. Wiegerts. Wilks. Dishman. Schlesingers. OMG, OUR HERO OF THE 95 ORANGE BOWL THAT SMACKED RAY LEWIS AROUND WAS A NEBRASKA KID?!. NOW WAY.

Yes, TO had a lot of out of state talent, but dont for one second diminish the huge contribuitions, if not total difference-making, of the kids who grew up in this state. I'm assuming you are too young to know.

Against teams that really aren't very good. Watch good football teams and you'll notice how horribly behind we are in this area. Just look at yesterday, Fl St, Al, Georgia, kstate etc are light years ahead of us in this area. It's not even close.

I think Dobson is out of his league. I know that this isn't the 70's, 80's and even 90's where we had a distinct advantage in facitlities, but does it look like we are slower, weaker and less athletic than most of the teams that we play considering all 22 starters on both sides of the ball? Recruiting is a large piece of that puzzle, but do you see a lot of guys developing athletically year after year? We used to be the poster boy for developing small town Nebraska linemen into All Americans. Now I see some regression, especially on defense. I know that some will argue Long, Choi, Jackson (even Abdullah), but you have to ask yourself if that's actually a reason to argue that there's a regression in athletic development with Dobson. There are a lot of issues with this team if you are like me and you want to see the Huskers back contending for National Titles, but I believe it starts with Strenght and Conditioning and I don't feel that Dobson is taking boys and making them men in the weight room.

Being out of position every play will make you look very weak. When you compensate for it you get mowed over and that will wear you down. So much less effort is needed when you do your job correctly. Dobson is definately not the problem

Really? You Dobson haters sound like my wife. Somehow you all equate strenght and conditioning with overall atheletic ability. Like what was said earlier, have you not watched any games? How then did we come back in the 2nd half. The real problem lies with this group of seniors. When Pelini was hired he had what 2 months to recruit what was left over, only after commit after commit decommited from us. Not putting blame anywhere, these kids played hard and did what they could, they are just not top atheletes. I am hoping that the group behind them is more atheletic and faster, because he had time to recruit who he wanted, not so much who he had to take. Now the real question is, who told Stafford he could run down Ball from behind? Dobson?

Dobson ain't the problem.

Slow LBs and middling line play are our biggest hindrances. Not a hell of a lot Dobson can do to make Whaley be not slow, or make PJ Smith learn how to tackle.

We need higher caliber athletes in the trenches and at LB. As far as the LBs go, we might have done with last year's class and Santos the year prior. D-Line is another story. I see potential for some mediocre play out of that unit again next year. Martin was the only disruptive guy we had, really. So...sh#t. :lol:

Dobson's "awards" be damned.

He's not getting the job done. Plain and simple.

The same can be said about all of our coaches.

Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water here...We have position coaches that are doing their jobs well--our strength and conditioning is on par with the best in the nation, our RBs are top shelf, our WRs are the best in conference, and our secondary is one of the best in the nation.

I'd hate to enact wholesale changes and gain progress in areas we're deficient, just to turn around and lose progress in the areas we do excel at.

Yes, changes need to be made...but they need to be surgical. We don't need a complete administrative and coaching vivisection of Nebraska again.

You can make all the surgical incisions you want. We'll still have a head coach who's in way over his head. It was in glorious display last night, it's no longer debatable. That will continue to be the root of the problem.

It's true on offense but not on defense. Our defense is overall, slow. At every position group. And they were worn down by the 2nd quarter last night.

I agree with you, but to me, that just shows how bad of athletes we have on our defense right now. Caveman and Ciante are the only ones that would crack a starting lineup on another team's defense. And potentially Stafford/Smith but I've never been extremely impressed with them.

There will be better days for the Nebraska defense.